Profile for BikingAndy > Reviews

Content by BikingAndy

BikingAndy

Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-P550 16GB Black - tablets (Full-size tablet, Android, Slate, Android, Black, Alarm clock, Calculator, Calendar, Events reminder, Notes, To-do list)
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Tab works great, good around, 4 April 2016
Had a small problem with delivery to which the seller went out of their way to rectify the problem.
Tab works great, good around.

Premier Housewares Chrome Table Lamp with Plastic Shade - Hot Pink
Premier Housewares Chrome Table Lamp with Plastic Shade - Hot Pink
Offered by MMP Living

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 Oct. 2015
BEWARE! Product description not correct. States E27 bulbs but requires E14. I bought wrong bulbs after reading description.

Toshiba 32GB Micro SDHC Memory Card Class 10 UHS-I 40Mb/s
Toshiba 32GB Micro SDHC Memory Card Class 10 UHS-I 40Mb/s
Offered by City_of_memory15

5.0 out of 5 stars Good in my Contour Roam2, 7 Jun. 2014
Micro SD card for motorbike and mountain bike action camera, very good picture quality. What else can you say? Recommnended.

ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)
ContourROAM2 Handsfree HD Action Camera - Black (5MP, Still Photo Sensor)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Value than the Go Pro !, 7 Jun. 2014
I spent a couple of months checking reviews for all sorts of action camera to use on both motorbike and mountain bike. I saw reviews for this camera saying Contour were no longer trading and updates etc could not be down loaded. I got an email reply from Contour basically sating that they were back in business sort I went for it.

Gave it a run out on both a handle bar mount I have for my previous camera and the helmet mount supplied. The quality is amazing on both. There is hardly any vibration when on the handlebars and less wind noise than I was expecting. Bit more wind noise when helmet mounted though. So, on the whole well pleased.

Contour are back trading, I got all the downloads no problems. I have purchased a 32gb class micro HDSD card also of Amazon which all works well. There is no screen to line up the camera but it has the lazer feature. With a bit of lining by sight, it is not hard to get the right picture anyway as the field of view is fairly wide.

Downside, no charger so it's plug it in to a USB or use a separate charger which is what I have used.

Is it worth the money? My view is yes. Picture quality, shape of the camera, waterproof, lazer alignment, good battery life and more, oh and about have the price of the GoPro,got to be a winner every time!!

TeckNet® Apple iPad 4 Case, Smart Cover PU Leather with Flip Stand & Lifetime Guarantee + Included 1 Screen Protector and Stylus Pen For Apple iPad 2 iPad 3 iPad 4 - Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot cheaper than apple, 3 April 2013
Good value, works well. Buy this if your thinking about one and save pounds!
Does the job. I had two.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Top toy, 6 Feb. 2013
Got this for the cat to chase. The little one goes mad for however older two look at the light in disgust !
It's does the job of tiring the cat out, so much so I have had to order more batteries.
At this price, it's worth the money.

Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P,  Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - White
Kodak PlaySport Zx5 Full HD 1080P, Waterproof, Dustproof and Shockproof - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes, 23 May 2011
Used this a few times now and the quality is great. The camera is easy to use be it video or camera. The playback on the video is very good. It's compact so you can take it anywhere. Used it on a sea fishing trip and the video picture quality I can not fault, so clear. My next attempt is to take it to the Isle of man on my motorbike.
There are the normal different picture settings from HD to 30fps. Used the HD so far on a class 4 SDHC card, excellent.
The programs to download with Kodak are good and to edit on the camera is easy to use.
For the money, it's a steal.

Veho VCC-A003-PHM Professional Handlebar for Muvi Camcorder
Veho VCC-A003-PHM Professional Handlebar for Muvi Camcorder

1.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money, 22 April 2011
The mount is very good and covers all angles when mounted. The build quality is a bit suspect though. I dropped mine and the camera holding mount broke away from the the main body. This is because there are only two small screws holding the two parts together and the camera mounting part is only thin plastic. I used some all weather double sided adhesive pads to repair this and is far better than the original fixing.

Mounting to bikes is easy and works well. Using it on my motorbike though I have to be careful where it is located as vibration from the bike gets transmitted through to the camera and distorts the picture. I have not used it on my pushbike yet so can't comment on that.

The clamps and the body itself seem to work well and with the slight build quality I can only give it 4 not 5 stars. With the option of a 1/4" thread you can also mount other cameras on this bracket.

NOTE!!!!

I have had used this for a few times and yes it has snapped.Don't bother !!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2014 4:36 PM GMT

Veho VCC-003-MUVI-BLK MUVI Micro Digital Camcorder / Action cam for Action Sports & Surveillance  (Includes 4Gb Memory)
Veho VCC-003-MUVI-BLK MUVI Micro Digital Camcorder / Action cam for Action Sports & Surveillance (Includes 4Gb Memory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money, 19 Mar. 2011
Firstly for the cost, this is a good piece of kit. It is easy to operate and so small. The camera is only 2mega pixel, so for doing stuff for fun it's ok. Remember to get a class 6 memory card for it. Normal ones (class 4) lose quality. Used on my motorbike and mountain bike and is quite good when you get the mounting right. It does pick up vibration if not mounted right which effects picture quality. I'm well happy with it though.

I have used this on my motorbike with a knee fit and on my pushbike. With what it costs, it is a good piece of kit. I have used it on Mountain bikes too. Struggles with changes of light but for fun home vid's at this price it's cheap.