Profile for Sue > Reviews

Richmal Crompton: The Woman Behind Just William
Richmal Crompton: The Woman Behind Just William
by Mary Cadogan

4.0 out of 5 stars William and Richmal, 20 Jun. 2011
This book is informative and makes an easy read. As expected, it tells you all you want to know about Richmal and her family, most of which came as a surprise to me, a William fan for many years. I wasn't so interested in the information given on Richmal's adult books and would have preferred there to have been less of this; the adult books, I feel, are dated and unlike the William stories don't have the stamp of quirky genius . The William stories remain timeless in their style and humour, although (and I do love him) by today's standard 11 year old boy, William is extremely naive and to put it kindly, not very bright - the antithesis of his creator, as I found out by reading Mary Cadogan's interesting book.

Hinari HIN172 Digital Steam Generator, 2500 Watt
Hinari HIN172 Digital Steam Generator, 2500 Watt

3.0 out of 5 stars Hinari HIN172 Dugital Steam Generator, 17 Jun. 2011
The first time I used this iron I was delighted with how easy, even pleasant it made ironing. The second time, it didn't steam much and buzzed a lot, the third time it didn't steam at all, so I sent it back. Don't know what to go for now, because I really liked the Hinari...when it worked.