Profile for Dill > Reviews

Silva Tyto Safety Light Twin Pack - One
Offered by Runmarkt

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bit of kit, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Silva Tyto Safety Light Twin Pack
I absolutely love these lights! I am a runner and haven't really found a hi-vis jacket that I like to wear at night so I thought of buying some led lights. I use the silva trail runner head lamp so these were the obvious choice. They seemed a little expensive at the time but in my eyes worth every penny.
I tend to run in shorts and a t-shirt all the time and I simply hook the red light on the rear of my short elastic. Press the centre once for continuous red light or twice for flashing. I use the red on flashing. My runs usually take me off road at night and the white light will just about light the trail upto a couple of metres ahead again attached to the elastic on the front of my shorts. If the night is really dark or foggy you would struggle to see your way but if you know the trail and just want to check your footing this light is great. I really enjoy trail running in the dark and this light keeps it dark enough yet still safe.
If I am road running through the town the combination of these fills me with confidence especially around the careless rush hour drivers.
The clip is very tight and will not slip off so would also fit bags, coats etc. They also come with little straps that would probably fit a bike in an emergency.
To summarise these are well made, very bright, good battery life (haven't changed them since bought months ago) and all in all good value.
No I don't work for Silva ;-)

Care Plus Camphor Foot Spray 60ml
Care Plus Camphor Foot Spray 60ml
Offered by MDC Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Anti blister heaven, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Care Plus Camphor Foot Spray 60ml
I'm an ultra runner and struggled to find a solution to my horrendous race day blisters. I discovered this product whilst trawling the internet for the next thing to try. Now I believe I have tried most blister associated products and in my mind most are rubbish. This however works. I spray my feet once every couple of days and in the last few months and cannot recall getting a single blister. Great product cheap as chips.

Sennheiser/Adidas CX 680 High-Performance Noise-Isolating Ear Canal Headphones (Sports-Optimised Design)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 Aug. 2010
At last a set of ear phones that do what they are supposed to. They sound great, they actually stay in place and they are very comfortable. The different size fins and plugs are very welcome as I have tiny ears so even I get a perfect fit.
On the down side the lead is just too short to use from a pocket or bum bag and the extension makes it too long. I have got round this problem by putting my pod on my waist band (I don't like it on my arm). Also if the lead bounces about too much you can hear your own footsteps. This is solved by using the clip to lessen wire movement. These are relatively minor problems and overall I am very happy with the product. I run ultra marathons and usually on rough trails, I have worn these ear phones for over 4 hours on a few occasions and had no problems. So if you are thinking of buying these for running I have given them the ultimate trial and they passed with flying colours.