Profile for J. L. Dean > Reviews

Content by J. L. Dean

J. L. Dean (Lancashire UK)

Rapid Assessment of the Acutely Ill Patient (Essential Clinical Skills for Nurses)
by Sheila Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic knowledge and revision aid for third year BSc nursing students, 18 Sept. 2012
I bought this book to compliment the third year BSc Adult Nursing program's OSCE on the "ABCDE Assessment" of a deteriorating patient. On the whole I have found the book extremely well written and easy to use with scenarios that are relevant towards UK nursing students. Highly recommended!

Wicked Socker Boppers Powerbag Inflatable Boxing Bag (Orange)
Wicked Socker Boppers Powerbag Inflatable Boxing Bag (Orange)

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money...., 18 Sept. 2012
We initially bought a socker bopper for our son's 6th birthday. Water was put into the base and the bag inflated and he really enjoyed playing with it........this lasted for around 2 days before we came down one morning to find the thing had leaked most of its water. The leak was on a seam so wasnt able to be fixed with the small repair sticker that came with it. Instead we put it down to poor manufacturing and bad luck that we had ended up with that particular one, but thought that seeing our son loved it so much we would buy another one. The same thing happened with the new one!! Around 24-48hrs with water inside it, fully inflated and it sprang a leak on the unfixable seam. Extremely disappointing. If the seams are incapable of holding the water the manufactuerer should instead state the correct amount able to be held, or instead state that sand only is able to be used instead of water.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2012 11:56 AM BST

Sony DSCW530 Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera - Black (14.1MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
Offered by electronics-dealsuk

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly my worst EVER purchase!, 13 Jun. 2012
The Sony Cybershot comes nicely packaged, is lightweight and boasts many features which are quite impressive in a digital camera manufactured by a well-known brand at such a low price. However, the user software that came with the camera is almost impossible to use plus it managed to lose nearly all of my pictures/video. My laptop failed to recognise the camera when I had a go at uninstalling the camera software and attempting to upload the photos in a 'plug nplay' fashion like my old Nikon camera did through Windows picture viewer. I'm not particularly good with electronic gadgetry, however I had mistakenly assumed that the Sony Cybershot would be easy to use and now to add insult to injury the camera has completely died on me now! It turns on and just presents me with a blank screen! A complete waste of money.....

Slimming World Free Foods: 120 guilt-free recipes for healthy appetites
Slimming World Free Foods: 120 guilt-free recipes for healthy appetites
by Slimming World

4.0 out of 5 stars a great, easy to use cookbook, 12 Oct. 2009
I was completely new to Slimming World, and hearing from several friends how well the diet plan worked decided to give it a go.....however, i didnt want to have to sign up and pay a subscription! I found this book to be extremely useful in allowing me to get to grips with the do's and don'ts of the Slimming World diet. The recipes in bthe book I have found to be easy to follow, with plenty of choice with different food types.
I would recommend it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2012 4:08 PM BST