Profile for Mike E > Reviews

Content by Mike E

Mike E

Veho VCC-100-XL MUVI X-Lapse 360 Degree Photography and Timelapse Accessory for iPhone/Action Cameras/Time Lapse Cameras - Black
Offered by Decold

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but rotates too fast for me., 15 Feb. 2013
It's very good, does as advertised, but I found that it was too rapid a rotation for me.

Great budget (ish) option, and the included smartphone holder is great, though you could possibly do the same with any old clockwork kitchen timer, probably for a quarter of the price plus a little imagination and time.

Still, I will use it over and over again, particularly in busy or crowded situations it will give a great output.

Using Natural Finishes: Lime and Clay Based Plasters, Renders and Paints - A Step-by-step Guide (Sustainable Building)
by Adam Weismann

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book..Just what I needed, 15 Feb. 2013
I'm an amateur, and while keen and capable, I wasn't ready to tackle plastering, particularly not lime plastering, as all the books pretty much direct you to find an experienced plasterer who has worked with lime and has a decent reputation. I tried this, getting references from people and eventually selected one, they told me they had lime plastering experience and would relish the chance to work on the interesting challenges that my property presented.

To say the bare minimum, I was disappointed; Unready to take on, or wait for, another plasterer to come and price or start the job, I decided to just have a go myself. Now, I've read a bunch of other books on restoring buildings and so on, they are all interesting, and to some degree offer up the knowledge of what will or should happen during the plastering process, but they never really gave me enough detail...

Not so _this_ book, it answered all the questions I had, explained the processes involved in the various materials through the various stages, gave advice on what material suited which job, outlined the tools and work patterns for each material and included hints and tips from professionals in the business.

I'm reasonably capable, and using this book to fill in the blanks and offer advice on tools, I have ended up with an amazing finish, in fact better than the original professional plasterers, who were skilled with pink plaster, but failed dismally with the lime plaster. There's definitely more to know and more care involved in applying and caring for the lime during the early stages in order that it doesn't fail, this book had it all.

There's even a whole second half of this book that I currently can't use as I am not using earth-based materials, but it looks just as good. If you want to understand the natural finishes in your building, this is invaluable, if you are considering having a go yourself, even better.

SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDXC 64 GB UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card 30 MB/s + SD Adapter + Memory Zone App (SDSDQU-032G-U46A)
Offered by JL Global SGP

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, 15 Feb. 2013
Product was as described, works perfectly in my tablet, had to format it FAT32 using downloaded formatting software in my computer before the tablet or my phone could see it, but then it worked perfectly, seems quick and is handy to have the adapter. Would buy another if I find I need it.

Like the design too, though clearly that's not really important as you never see it ;)