Profile for M. L. Smith > Reviews

Content by M. L. Smith

M. L. Smith "Magstar" (London)

Smart Flashing Light Set
Smart Flashing Light Set
Offered by Adventure Northumberland
Price: 12.64

5.0 out of 5 stars To be seen or not to be seen that is the question., 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Smart Flashing Light Set (Sports)
Bought this for a young lad at work who was cycling without lights and just waiting to get stopped by the law or worse get wiped out by a motorist or pedestrian. They did the trick so great inexpensive buy - and he paid me back!

Paris by Metro: An Underground History
Paris by Metro: An Underground History
by Arnold Delaney

5.0 out of 5 stars Paris Mewtro stations explained., 18 Mar 2013
Because of my nosy nature and although I have travelled a lot on the Metro over the years I suddenly had the urge to know why the stations were called what they are and the history behind them.This little book did just the job.

Practice Makes Perfect French Verb Tenses (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
Practice Makes Perfect French Verb Tenses (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
by Trudie Booth
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Practice males sense!, 18 Mar 2013
I had one of these before and dropped half of it into the bath hence the new copy. I really enjoy working through these exercises and the simple explanations that go with them. It is really good for revision and reinforcing all the tenses.

Practice Makes Perfect: Complete French Grammar (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
Practice Makes Perfect: Complete French Grammar (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
by Annie Heminway

5.0 out of 5 stars Brushing up my old school French, 2 Aug 2010
I bought this as a way of getting back in the swing of French since it is nearly 40 years since i did A level French. I am hoping to do Open University Spanish and French but was worried that the French had slipped away too far. This book is a great way of reminding oneself of what you knew and revising, by working through tons of exercises, what has been totally forgotten!I must be old fashioned but doing exercises is the best way for me to drum stuff into my brain and I can carry the book around and fill in the odd 15 mins doing a few.Having all the answers at the back and therefore not needing to have a teacher at hand makes this book a cheap and perfect way of catching up before some serious work starts.

The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making
The Gentle Art of Quilt-Making
by Jane Brocket
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars "Delicious treats", 2 July 2010
I rushed to open this up when it arrived yesterday and I wasn't disappointed! What tasty treats there are in store to create. It leaves you to freeflow your quilts.The pictures alone are a delight and the narrative makes you want to get out your stash and start the machine straightaway. Beautifully bound it will have a very special place in my collection of books that I sift through when I want to be inspired but also lovely bedtime reading.

Edexcel Spanish Grammar for A Level (EAML)
Edexcel Spanish Grammar for A Level (EAML)
by Phil Turk
Price: 24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars COPY CAT, 8 Dec 2009
Starting off on the second year of A level Spanish I eagerly ordered this book as recommended by the teacher.On opening it I thought "This looks very familiar!" On checking it, my first reaction was correct-this is the same book as Ponte Al Dia which I had bought for AS level. Same book therefore but with different title and cover. What confusion!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2010 6:39 PM BST