Profile for Jack > Reviews

Content by Jack

Jack

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Nov 2013
This case has a few positives. It looks very nice, feels nice and it also protects the iPhone well. It is easy to open and close and doesn't weigh down the phone too much.

The main issue with this case (which I have noticed) is that it obstructs picture quality when using the flash. The flash somehow reflects on the white borders around the lens and the photo is left with a white glare all over it and very dark. So now whenever I want to use the flash I have to remove the case which is very annoying!!

Several people have told me while on the phone to them that my speech sounds muffled/quiet. When I have removed the case they have said it instantly sounded clearer. The case obviously obstructs sound as well.

Unless you like poor quality photos and muffled voice quality, I suggest looking elsewhere.

Sorry iPhone case... at least you're pretty.

Ultimate Scene & Monologue Sourcebook, The (Updated & Expanded Edition): An Actor's Guide to Over 1,000 Monologues and Scenes from More Than 300 Contemporary Plays
by Ed Hooks

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled!, 12 July 2013
Despite this being called a 'sourcebook,' I really don't think it is clear and obvious in the description that this book contains no actual monologues! It lists off many, including an age range for performance, which play it is from, the page number and a brief description of the monologue. However, its extremely difficult to even select one from this list... it doesn't indicate how long a monologue is. You could end up going to the trouble of ordering a play only to find out the speech is only a few lines long. My advice is to seek a book which contains many actual monologues as choosing from this book is more of a stab in the dark than anything else.

The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days: Recipes to make every day special
The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days: Recipes to make every day special

4.0 out of 5 stars Great variety and wonderful recipies! (Ingredients hard to find), 17 Aug 2011
After buying The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook, I was very excited to make this purchase. Cake Days is even more exciting with over 100 new recipies and great new ideas of things I have never seen before. However, a lot of the ingredients cannot be bought in supermarkets and must be found online or in specialist stores. So only buy this if you are committed to find the right stuff!

Swift Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Non-Stick Baking Sheet Carbon Steel  35 cm x 22 cm
Swift Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Non-Stick Baking Sheet Carbon Steel 35 cm x 22 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!, 19 April 2011
I love this baking tray as I couldn't find a nice flat one in my town for making cookies and it works really well! Ive used it several times now and I have had no problem with sticking at all, just a tiny bit of oil spray and everything just slides straight off. I also love the slightly raised edges which makes it easier for taking out of the oven. Ill definitely get another one in the future!