Profile for D. P. Morgan > Reviews

Content by D. P. Morgan

D. P. Morgan (Epsom, Surrey)

The Home Distiller's Workbook Vol II: How to Brew Beer, a beginners guide to home brewing

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Nov. 2014
Some interesting info.

AURAGLOW 6w LED E27 Screw Light Bulb, Warm White, 40w Equivalent
AURAGLOW 6w LED E27 Screw Light Bulb, Warm White, 40w Equivalent
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Put bulb in as a replacement and to test effectiveness ..., 3 Nov. 2014
Put bulb in as a replacement and to test effectiveness of LED lighting. Does the job no fuss. I don't even notice it. It's saving me money without shouting about it. I shall be buying more LED lights very soon.

Fire Strike 7/9
Fire Strike 7/9

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read - want more., 16 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Fire Strike 7/9 (Kindle Edition)
I can only say that I agree with most of the other reviewers here. I really enjoyed this book. It was as real as it could be when viewed from this distance.

Krups Twin Blade Coffee Mill
Krups Twin Blade Coffee Mill
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee mill or spice mill?, 26 Nov. 2010
We bought this to use as a spice mill and it does the job excellently. I only hope it lasts as long as our previous spice mill. It's not too big for our storage space, is simple to use and does the job well.

Traditional Shower Handset in Chrome
Traditional Shower Handset in Chrome
Offered by iBathUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Shower Head, 11 Sept. 2010
Arrived very quickly and in good condition.
I installed it immediately and whilst it was replacing a broken part it still worked better than the part replaced. Very happy with shower head.

KitchenAid Artisan Burr Coffee Grinder Grey
KitchenAid Artisan Burr Coffee Grinder Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee grinder, 22 May 2010
This is the third coffee grinder I have puchased in just over a year. The first two were cheaper chopper types and, I believe, a false economy. This grinder is substantial and feels totally solid. It will not get easily knocked over. I think it is good looking well designed machine. On its finest setting it does not grind quite fine enough to suit my wife but there are adjustments that can be made to grind finer. It is very simple to use. Set the grind level you want and flip the switch. Nothing fiddly about this machine. The hopper and receiver are both glass and easy to clean. Overall a very fine machine that looks like it will last and last.

Definitely worth the money.

Faringdon 15.5cm Tea Infuser Spoon
Faringdon 15.5cm Tea Infuser Spoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect tea, 2 April 2010
This was exactly what I needed for my Lapsang Suchong and other loose teas.
Excellent.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony HD LCD TV - the best for features, 23 Aug. 2009
I bought this on reputation and features. I have been looking for a good large LCD TV since Christmas 2008 so I've done my research. I bought a Playstation 3 at same time. Both work great. I have connected Playstation 3 and XBox 360 to TV. TV is presently mounted on stand but aim, eventually, is to have it wall mounted. Before I do that I need to address the cable management issues. As cables essentially arrive at two points, back and left side, facing screen, this means that I want to have as near a final configuration as possible before using cable ties. I am looking for a wide flat profile conduit to hide cables. As room has just been decorated I have no intention of digging holes in wall.

I've experimented with using TV to play music from Media Centre PC over local network. It works well. Only problems are down to my poor organisation of material.

The only disappointing feature I can point to is the Applicast but I am hoping that will improve as more widgets arrive. I have tried to add RSS feeds of my own but no luck so far.