Profile for Matteus Blanc > Reviews

Content by Matteus Blanc

Matteus Blanc "Matteus" (Venezuela)

Page: 1 | 2
TeckNet® X331 Mini 2.4Ghz Mini Wireless Keyboard With Touchpad and Multimedia Keys for PC, Android TV and others
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy even for twice the price, 26 Aug 2014
I had used several other small keyboards like this in the past to control media centres at home. When the last Rii broke down quite soon after purchase I thought I'd try something new and went for the TeckNet. It's brilliant. Works well as far as range goes, the mouse is fairly useable and you've all the keys available without having to used fiddley functions modifiers (as for the Rii). The battery also lasts ages, even if you don't keep turning it off.

The device also stands up well to the attentions of angry toddlers and curious babies. I strongly recommend it.

Alfa 9dBi WiFi Booster SMA OMNI-Directional High-Gain Screw-On Swivel Antenna for Alfa - WUS036H, WUS050NH and WUS036EH
Offered by Clever Gadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars Very big, very good, 26 Feb 2014
Makes a big difference to the number of ssids you can see but the usable number isn't as high as you may expect. Remember that the rules are different in bolivia!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars you wanna borrow someone elses internet, 26 Feb 2014
Well you shouldn't! But if you were so inclined this would help. I used it legitimately to get a better signal to my xbmc and it was very helpful.

Rii 2.4GHz Wireless Mini PC Keyboard Touchpad V2 Black
Rii 2.4GHz Wireless Mini PC Keyboard Touchpad V2 Black
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for all your xbmc needs, 26 Feb 2014
I have several of these to run various xbmc capable pcs linked to tvs throughout the house. For that application it's difficult to imagine anything better. I also have small kids, they split things and break stuff. These things are cheap enough not to give me heart palpitations when the kids get hold of it. So I'm happy.

Apple iPad 4 with Retina Display - Black (16GB, WiFi)
Apple iPad 4 with Retina Display - Black (16GB, WiFi)
Offered by Connected247

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the family, 26 Feb 2014
My wife wanted one for Christmas. I was skeptical. She said she'd use it a lot and the 3yr old could also play games in the car. Turns out she was right. We wouldn't be without it now.

Lian LI TU-200B PC-Gehäuse (Mini-ITX, 2x USB 3.0) schwarz
Lian LI TU-200B PC-Gehäuse (Mini-ITX, 2x USB 3.0) schwarz

5.0 out of 5 stars The best computer case I have ever owned, 26 Feb 2014
This product has been thought through and is built to a very high standard. I run this as my main server hosting a number of vms and acting as a large file server. The hdd cage and capacity for a full sized PSU means that you can build a beast of a server without using up much space. It will also take a large graphics card if you are so inclined.
You may be tight on space if you go with a big psu and big graphics card but if you only want one or the other then this is perfect. Easy to work on, well built, just what you want.

PATHFINDER 21 LED Headlamp Headlight - Water-resistant. 4 Modes Of Operation, Head Safety, Lamp, Flash Light, Torch For Cycling, Climbing, Mountain Biking, Camping, Night Reading. Adjustable Beam Angle. 100,000 Hours LED lifetime (in RETAIL PACKAGING)
Offered by WowBox UK (EU-wide shipping)

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great, 26 Feb 2014
I have an open fire. I have to go outside in the dark to get the wood and this means I can see where I am going and still carry things i.e. wood. Also helpful for missions into the recesses of the loft.

Samsung ATIV Book 7 13.3-inch Touchscreen Notebook (Intel Core i5 3337U 1.8GHZ Processor, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 26 Feb 2014
I wanted a small portable machine which had enough grunt to run virtual machines and which didn't necessitate carrying round all manner of peripheral devices to plug into projectors, network ports, hdmi screens etc. This was the only ultrabook that met the spec.

As it comes, what you get for your £999, it's brilliant. The sdd is quick, the cpu very capable and the ram (4GB) is perfectly adequate. It runs windows really well, the touch screen allows you to see what Windows8 is all about and the battery will last around 7 hours. It's portable and elegant as well as being sturdily constructed. Index scores are CPU 6.9, RAM 7.2, Graphics 5.8, Gaming Graphics (3D) 6.4, SDD 6.9.

I work in an environment where everyone uses macs. They love to pour scorn on any windows machines but honestly struggle to have anything to say about this ultrabook. And I haven't even got to the best bit yet...as I said I wanted to run a number of VMs. The case is designed to allow easy access to standard sized parts. They haven't glued anything together or soldered it to stop you upgrading.

So I installed a larger sdd - 240GB and some RAM. Because this ultrabook has a standard msata sdd you can replace it easily. You can go up to 1TB if you have the money. And there are two RAM slots, only one of which is filled on shipping. So it will take up to 16GB of RAM - which is what I gave it. The result is a machine which can do it all and weighs nothing so I can take it everywhere I go. I run two operating systems native, that is window8 and lubuntu with an Arch VM running in Windows.

It's everything I could have hoped for.

When I bought the machine I umed and arred about spending over £900 on an ultrabook but honestly it's great value because it is so much more than something to surf the net. Can't recommend enough.

6 Pack Screen Protector For New Apple iPad 4, Apple iPad 3, Apple iPad 2 Tablet Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by iBox Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 26 Feb 2014
As expected, there really isn't much you can say.They fit the ipad4 and protect the screen. If you're careful fitting them you'll have not issues.

HP ProLiant N40L 1P 2GB-U Emb SATA NHP 250GB LFF 150W PS MicroServer
HP ProLiant N40L 1P 2GB-U Emb SATA NHP 250GB LFF 150W PS MicroServer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great server but watch out for rogue sellers, 19 Oct 2012
The product is brilliant. I put 4GB ram in, ubuntu 10.04 and run 6 kvm vms. You can have upto 5 2TB disks while running the os off an internal usb. I've put another nic in the device and use it as a gateway machine running lots of services like dns, dhcp, vpn, kerberos etc as well as a large RAID array.

Howevere, if you are thinking of usint the HP £100 cashback then DO NOT purchase from Miniprice Express. I ordered an N40L from them, wrote to them asking for an invoice within a couple of hours of making the order only to be told that "cashback is included in the price" hmmmmm, not good enough. This should be stated but isn't.

Buy the server from anyone else and you're in for a good deal. Buy from Miniprice Express and you will regret it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2012 9:48 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2