ARRAY(0xaa0b11bc)

by Glenn Laverack
Price: 21.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 15 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't review this in anywhere near the detail of the other reviewers as I have no background knowledge of this field at all. However I thought it would be an interesting read all the same. Overall, my opinion of this book is that it paints the picture that everything is perfect and never offers any form of criticism, and surely there is some which should be mentioned.

Antarctica: A Biography
Antarctica: A Biography
by David Day
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Immense, 15 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is pretty daunting - it's massive. I guess that goes some way to justify its pretty big RRP. And in a nice change from the norm, this isn't a case of the author bumping up the content just for the sake of it. This is clearly someone who knows his stuff and has spent a great deal of time attempting to make this knowledge accessible to everyone.

I knew little about Antarctica prior to reading this, and would like to say I feel much more informed after. There are some parts that are slightly distressing to read, but you can't expect everything to have been perfect in the history of Antarctica. My only criticism would be that it feels like the end of this book has been rushed. There are chapters that a dedicated wholly to a couple of years or decades, and the ending crams the last 50 or so years into a handful of pages.

Overall, a great read and highly recommended.

Philips SatinPerfect HP6582/00 Cordless Wet and Dry Epilator
Philips SatinPerfect HP6582/00 Cordless Wet and Dry Epilator
Price: 117.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one I've had, 15 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had a fair few of these epilators through the vine programme, but this is by far the best one I've had. As you can use it both wet and dry, it's great for convenience although personally I don't find the pain levels to be any less or more in different conditions. As for pain levels, it would be a lie to say it didn't hurt, as all forms of hair removal hurt to a certain degree, but this was most comfortable by far. It has an array of attachments, possibly some slightly unnecessary, but all useful in their own right. For me, the tweezers with the light were the best part!

In comparison to others on the market, it does command a bigger price but in my opinion it's worth it. The quality is great so you know it's going to last, everything is detachable so you can keep it clean, and the battery charges in no time.

Highly recommended.

German Europe
German Europe
by Ulrich Beck
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A tricky read, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: German Europe (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't notice until after I'd ordered this book that its a translation, and as a result I struggled to read it at times due to it not flowing like a normal book would. A great read (where I could understand it) all the same. Will update further if I give this another go.

Iams Dry Cat Food Kittenand Junior Chicken 2.55 Kg (Pack of 3)
Iams Dry Cat Food Kittenand Junior Chicken 2.55 Kg (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, 15 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A tricky product to review as I have no intentions of personally trying this (no matter how nice it smells) but suffice to say my cats enjoy this immensely so I confidently recommend this. A way better deal than the supermarkets, where I had been buying 800 gram packs for around 7 quid a time. Also a good idea to have three small bags rather than one massive one as it saves the problem of the food drying out in next to no time.

Essential Reproduction: Includes Wiley e-Text (Essentials)
Essential Reproduction: Includes Wiley e-Text (Essentials)
by Martin H. Johnson
Price: 42.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly strange, 27 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this book out of nothing more than intrigue. I was hoping for a text I could understand the majority of (only having science education up to A level) but half expecting something too complex for my mind. So I was quite taken aback once I started reading this. It kind of has the feel of a GCSE textbook to start with, before then delving into the complicated stuff, a brief paragraph about animals and then going back to the simple stuff again. It also has some strange chapter headings, but I won't dwell on those as they don't actually effect the content.

Overall, I'd struggle to recommend this as a useful higher education simply because I would expect one to be too complex for me. There's no doubting that this is a useful text thought, as 350+ pages shows it goes into a great level of depth.

Petroleum Contracts: English Law and Practice
Petroleum Contracts: English Law and Practice
by Peter Roberts
Price: 195.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to review, 27 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Probably one of the rare items I've ordered and then wished I hadn't. Of no use to me unfortunately as its not a book you can just pick up and read. Unless you have some strong legal background this would be no use to you at all. On the plus side another book to add to the bookshelf gathering dust!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2014 8:03 PM GMT

LEIFHEIT LINOMATIC L500 ROTARY DRYER
LEIFHEIT LINOMATIC L500 ROTARY DRYER
Offered by Hinrich Kiel GmbH + Co KG
Price: 100.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It's huge!, 26 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First things first, this dryer comes in a massive box, so personally I advise you to make sure you're home when this item is delivered as it would be a tricky job trying to fit this in a standard size car. You'll also need the right sized socket if you're not planning on cementing this in (which it advises). I'm not too sure I'd want to use cement as in my opinion this doesn't have the feel of a 250 dryer and I could see it snapping in strong winds.

I've not heard of this make before but at the RRP I would be tempted to steer clear. It doesn't strike me as being particularly well made, and although when fully extended this thing is massive, the cord used to tighten the line constantly gets in the way thus I'm sure there's better to be had out there. I found that the line tangled frequently, especially after dropping it down after being used. If you go down the route of buying a cover then combined with the initial outlay and then the socket, you're suddenly talking about a lot of cash.

Overall, this is a massive line which does the job you would expect of it. I wouldn't recommend it at the RRP but I guess it's not a bad deal at the current price.

Fellowes Star A4 Manual Comb Binder
Fellowes Star A4 Manual Comb Binder
Price: 65.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 13 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A great piece of kit, easy to figure out for a novice and seems to be pretty strong when finished. Realistically it's not going to see a huge amount of use, but for someone who only binds the odd thing here and there this is something useful to have in the office. Would of been nice to get some combs with this as couldn't do much with it until I bought some but that's only a minor grumble.

Reconstructing Project Management
Reconstructing Project Management
by Peter W. G. Morris
Price: 55.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Far from essential, 13 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I totally agree with the other reviewer about this text. Normally books of this price have a certain feel and look about them, whereas this one seriously gives the impression that the publisher has bulked up the price to account for what few sales they will get without investing heavily in the manufacture. Probably far more suited to academics rather than current project managers, but even though I have no experience of this field I didn't feel any more informed after reading this from cover to cover. It wouldn't benefit me to look, but I'm pretty sure you could find better texts than this on the market. Definitely a book to loan rather than buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17