Profile for Kris > Reviews

Content by Kris

Kris (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dynamic Fat Burner 800 mg Coffee Bean Extract with GCA Natural Weight Loss Supplement - Pack of 60 Capsules

3.0 out of 5 stars Unconvinced, 13 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't buy into all these so called wonder pills that are full of raspberry or green tea etc. Now we have coffee bean. First off, they're huge and they don't taste pleasant. One tub lasts around a month so they aren't hugely expensive, but that's IF they work.

For me, they did nothing. I got a short burst of energy, which would of been the caffeine, but this soon wore off. I'm sure if they worked for a prolonged period then they would interest me, as I do drink a lot of coffee and would jump at the chance to replace some of these drinks with a 'safer' alternative that still gave me the extra energy I needed.

For me, the effect was too short lived to be convinced these work. They do something, I'm just not sure they do enough.

SlimX 1000 Ultra Formula Thermogenic Weight Loss Supplement
SlimX 1000 Ultra Formula Thermogenic Weight Loss Supplement

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 13 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I thought I'd give these a go not because I needed to use something like this, but more out of curiosity.

These claim to suppress the appetite while increasing fat burning five fold. There is only one product on the market (and not legal) which does actually increase fat burning. I tried these and they work by increasing body temperature. The only way you can burn fat without exercising is to increase your temperature (which is in theory what exercise does) and these do nothing of the sort.

I didn't find they suppressed my appetite either. I just found that because I was taking these and knew what the end goal was, it was encouraging me to eat less. I don't need to pop pills to get me to do that.

I strongly advise you to leave these alone. There is no magic pill to burn fat. Do it the proper and safer way and you will feel more proud with yourself for your achievements.

Rapesco 2200 Punch Heavy-duty 2-Hole Capacity 150x 80gsm Black Ref PF220AP1
Rapesco 2200 Punch Heavy-duty 2-Hole Capacity 150x 80gsm Black Ref PF220AP1

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good but pricey, 9 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As the majority of my business involves the preparation and sending of reports I was completely unaware that something like this existed. It has made life a lot easier.

Before, I used to struggle to punch more than a dozen sheets at a time. I used to get quite frustrated in (failed) attempts at lining up the holes on many pages. With this, there's no such worry.

The only irritating thing is the size. Unless you have a massive desk you will struggle to store this, but it's no big deal having to put it in a drawer or something similar. My only concern at the price would be how durable this would be when used frequently. Surely no one is going to buy this to use on a one off basis, but with an RRP of nearly £200 it brings me back to my 'love affair' with the latest mobile phones.

Given the choice of an all singing all dancing model at a cost of many hundreds to replace, or a basic model which will cost a tenner, I now choose the latter simply because I can replace it every month if needs be and it would still end up costing less.

At the current price this isn't too bad, but personally at the RRP I would be sticking to the cheaper options.

Manual of Dietetic Practice
Manual of Dietetic Practice
by Joan Gandy

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough and interesting, 30 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Reviewing more as a patient than a professional, I found this text to be interesting and virtually guaranteed to hold the answers I was after. While I'm not someone who is drawn to a medical encyclopaedia for every ailment or issue, I would certainly prefer to have this at hand rather than consulting the internet.

While it's clearly designed for those in the industry, I did not find I was perplexed by any of the terms or case studies, although obviously it's not going to be general reading for the majority of book lovers.

The companion website is free to access and is a decent bonus on top of this book, however it is only a companion and not something you could use in place of the text.

Recommended.

Emporio Armani Intimates Men's Embroidery Logo Basic Bermuda Plain Swim Shorts, Grey (Charcoal), Large (Manufacturer Size: 50)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 30 Sept. 2014
Really nice quality and a good fit. Comes in a zip up bag which isn't really needed but is a nice bonus to stop other stuff from getting wet. I think I'd be a bit annoyed if I paid the RRP on these as they do have the name plastered down the side (which I wasn't aware of when I bought them) but for the cost of a high street brand I can live with that.

IMEDEEN Tan Optimizer
IMEDEEN Tan Optimizer

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised me that they work, 30 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered these partly out of curiosity and also in anticipation of an upcoming holiday to Dubai. I've never used anything like this before, neither was I even aware that such a product existed as usually I make do with vast lashings of sun cream followed up with aloe vera or another form of after sun.

I've always been slightly worried by the risks posed by long term exposure to the sun. I'm not someone who goes on holiday with the aim of getting an Essex tan, but at the same time I'd be hoping to return slightly more bronzed than before I went.

I started taking these around a month before I went, as per the instructions, not expecting a great deal to happen. They didn't make me feel or look any different during the course and also while on holiday, which isn't a bad thing. However, while I didn't really notice it, I had comments from people saying about how 'healthy' this wonderful new tan I had looked.

To some degree I wondered whether people thought I had used fake tan, which isn't the impression I wanted to give, nor was it the idea behind me ordering and using these. However, they gave me piece of mind that these pills were helping to protect me from the sun while also giving me a better tan than I have had on previous holidays.

I've given these four stars only because all I really wanted was something to give me added protection from the sun. These are a very expensive way of doing that as the main vitamins are freely available in far cheaper forms. However, if you want that added extra of a deeper and healthier tan, then I can say for definite you won't be disappointed with these.

Hotpoint Multi-Functional Hand Blender Fully Accessorised, 700 Watt, Silver
Hotpoint Multi-Functional Hand Blender Fully Accessorised, 700 Watt, Silver
Offered by Hughes Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant blender, 29 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really impressed with this blender.

I've had countless similar appliances in the past, all which I've bought in anticipation of them doing a better job than what they actually achieve. No such problems here.

The display picture doesn't do this it poem justice. I thought it looked like a cheap brand who had tried to cram in as many attachments as possible, but in reality it actually looks pretty good. It feels like it's quite durable and the range of attachments mean it can perform every function you want it to, plus more.

Obviously this isn't going to be ideal for heavy use, or attempting to blend/shred hard items, but this is something which should be factored in when you are considering what you require.

For me, someone who only wanted this for sporadic use (although I have found other jobs I now use this for too) this blender is perfect. At the current price, it's only around double the supermarket own brand version, which comes with no attachments, so this is a cracking deal.

LeapFrog LeapPad 3 Learning Tablet (Pink)
LeapFrog LeapPad 3 Learning Tablet (Pink)

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't make my mind up about it., 26 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not entirely convinced by this, for reasons which I will delve into, but I will attempt to review this in a broad way rather than dwelling on my reservations.

I've heard about these leapfrog tablets before, but this is the first time I have had one (or should I say, my children). For starters, the colour surprises me as clearly this is designed for a girl even though the content is generic. I can't grumble as this was ideal for my daughter, and it was free, but I am presuming there must also be a boys' version.

Set up was easy. Obviously it requires parental set up first, which is good as you can control just what you want your child to be able to access, and it also didn't take very long to complete, which again is good when you have a child desperate to get her hands on it.

It comes with a limited number of 'free' apps, which I am sure you have paid for in the initial cost anyway, but this is where my problem starts.

Clearly these apps are soon going to become boring, and thus the delve into the AppStore (although this I presume is exclusive to leapfrog) begins. I was shocked to see the prices of some of these apps! While I begrudge paying £40 for a console game for my son at least I know he will play it as much as I permit him. Some of the apps available on here aren't far from that price, and you can guarantee your child will soon become bored with them.

My idea behind getting this tablet was for it to free up my iPad from my daughters' clutches causing less whinging and also giving me slightly more piece of mind that she isn't going to damage something which is expensive to replace or fix. Yes it is robust, child safe (both in terms of the design and also what can be accessed) but is it actually value for money? As it isn't difficult to obtain a decent iPad case, and to activate parental controls, in my opinion this is still the better option than buying a kids' tablet.

While this is without doubt a great tablet for a young child, and gives reassurances to parents about what their children can access, I do think leapfrog should clearly state that the cost of buying this is only an initial cost, and this will increase drastically given time unless you only want to use the preinstalled apps. That will then lead to limited use and thus become another expensive bit of kit your children rarely use.

The jury is still out on this for me.

Ferrari 70 x 140 cm 100 Percent Cotton Beach Towel, Red
Ferrari 70 x 140 cm 100 Percent Cotton Beach Towel, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gym towel, 25 Sept. 2014
Pretty decent for the cost. I didn't realise at the time that this was authentic merchandise, I was just after a cheap gym towel. Very thin, which is ideal for me but not sure how durable it would be given heavy use.

Quality feels good, no complaints at all.

Linksys RE6500 Universal Dual Band AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender (4 x Gigabit Ethernet, AUX Music Streaming, WPS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is without doubt the best router I have ever had. I went through a stage of buying the latest models, that was until BT and then Sky sent a half decent one with their packages.

However, these were never the best. My one frustration is that I like to keep my phone/router etc all in a media tower by the front door, hence keeping wires to a minimum and mostly out of site. To be able to get a decent wifi connection in the back of the house, or in the garden, I needed to move it and thus trail network wires throughout the house. Either that, or tolerate a connection which would consistently be buffering.

All these problems are over with this model. Set up is easy and it easily found all my devices. Possibly slightly on the expensive side given that most companies provide a router for free, so it depends on whether the cost is justified by getting a wider wifi range in your home without the need for additional cables.

For me, this would be a price worth paying.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20