Profile for Kris > Reviews

Content by Kris

Kris (England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Kit - (Pack of 10)
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Kit - (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a lot have said, these do not come cheap, but when me and my partner look at the cash we have spent on the cheaper strips, along with much less accuracy, it makes more financial sense to opt for these as you get proper results straight away and thus don't need to use countless strips.

Can't comment on how good they have been as yet, but fingers crossed.

Russell Hobbs 20350 Desire Kitchen Machine, 4.5 L, 700 W - Black
Russell Hobbs 20350 Desire Kitchen Machine, 4.5 L, 700 W - Black
Offered by Anything 4 Home

3.0 out of 5 stars It looks good, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For me this is a difficult item to review. It looks great, has a nice feel to it and did everything I wanted to a satisfactory level.

However, it does have its downfalls, mainly being the noise when you use it. The excess vibrating I can deal with, but for a brand new and never used machine, it sounds like something that's on its last legs. Obviously you will have a guarantee, but no one buys something hoping that it will go wrong as they have that insurance, and I'm not convinced this will withstand a lot of use.

Unlike others, I've had no issues with having to scrape mixture off the side of the bowl. I can't fault anything the machine does, but my liking towards it is swayed more by the appearance of it rather than the capabilities to do the job.

This would be ideal as a machine used now and again, but I'm unconvinced how long it would last so a slightly more costly alternative would probably be the route i would choose.

AS-Level Psychology for AQA A: Student Book
AS-Level Psychology for AQA A: Student Book
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Good accompaniment, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A great book to accompany my studies. As always AQA find the perfect balance so this text is ideal for both students of the course and also those who may be reading out of general interest or looking for a refresher.

Recommended.

Brabantia 5 Litre Slide Bin - Pure White
Brabantia 5 Litre Slide Bin - Pure White

4.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced but good, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice, small and compact bin that I've found ideal for food waste in the kitchen. Like other reviewers have said, it's not big enough to use as an all purpose bin but is more than adequate for something such as this.

The bin comes with a handy wall attachment, and also a reel of bags which is probably the only time you'll use them as they cost a fortune.

I can't fault the quality or the look, but I would suggest that you are paying over the odds because of the name. Aside from the price, I can't find anything to fault it.

Case Logic QTS210K Sleeve for iPad/10.1 inch Tablet
Case Logic QTS210K Sleeve for iPad/10.1 inch Tablet

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful for iPad, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're looking at buying this for an iPad, I would strongly advise against it.

My initial impressions were quite good. It looks and feels ok, held my iPad fine and looks strong enough to cope with any damage it might encounter.

However, that was where my good thoughts ended.

The first thing of note was that the stand isn't actually that sturdy. I was using a very cheap case bought for under a tenner and that does a far better job of keeping the iPad at an angle than this does. Secondly, there are no access points for the charger or the headphones adaptor. Considering that most of the time I like to have my iPad plugged into the mains, this rendered the case useless to me as I have to take the iPad out of the case to charge it. Finally, the zip and teeth feel very cheap and on the only times I did use the case, I felt these constantly sticking to the point where I thought the zip might snap.

Obviously I can't comment on the suitability of this for other tablets, but I'd strongly avoid it if you are in the market for an iPad case.

Tacwise 1153 Combi Cable Stapler
Tacwise 1153 Combi Cable Stapler

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stapler, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fantastic stapler, I couldn't fault this at all. I needed something to tidy up a number of cables I've got around the house, so this appeared at the perfect time.

Initially, I felt it had the feel of something a bit more heavy duty than what I needed. Obviously it's ideal for the home, but I think there's probably alternatives out there as this is built to be used more than just a handful of times. I had slight concerns that this would be too strong for my household cables, but rest assured it did a perfect job without cutting Into the cables so there's no worries there.

I've also found it useful for other jobs around the house, and the range of staples and colours just adds to the recommendation for this stapler.

Highly recommended.

Dettol Anti Bacterial Multi Action Power and Fresh Sparkling Lemon and Lime 72 Large Wipes (Pack of Eight)

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 3 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are decent wipes but like others have said, for the quantity you are buying there isn't a great saving on offer. They are good at cleaning and strong and durable, but the smell written on the packet is a lot nicer than the actual smell, which is obviously very artificial and also quite weak.

Can't complain about what they do though.

Slim Fast Snack Bar Heavenly Chocolate Delight - 24 g (Pack of 24)
Slim Fast Snack Bar Heavenly Chocolate Delight - 24 g (Pack of 24)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising, 3 Jan 2014
Bought when thee when on offer as fancied trying them. The taste and texture surprised me as normally stuff like this lacks on the flavour but these are the opposite. They don't taste like a healthy eating alternative snack, so they are great to have as a snack without the unwanted calories.

Not the biggest, but at this price they are a steal for a pack of 24.

Monin Premium Hazelnut Syrup 1 L
Monin Premium Hazelnut Syrup 1 L
Offered by The Cooking Source Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 Jan 2014
This is the same as what Costa use so now I can have very similar tasting coffee at home for a fraction of the price. Doesn't look like much for the money but you don't need much so it goes a long way.

Cheapest I've seen this as Costa sell it but for a lot more, and with the usual quick Amazon service you can get it in next to no time.

A good deal of flavours available too.

7 Day's Croissant with Cocoa Filling 60g (Pack of 30)
7 Day's Croissant with Cocoa Filling 60g (Pack of 30)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 3 Jan 2014
Bought these when on offer due to 'short' date so only cost about 12p each. Turned out to have months on them which was great.

The taste surprised me. Normally long life bread products taste very bland, but, heated up for a few moments, there's very little difference between these and freshly made ones.

Possibly a bit overpriced now but still a good deal cheaper than the shops.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20