Profile for PeeJay > Reviews

Content by PeeJay

PeeJay (Devon England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Pluvios SLR Flexible Camera Tripod Table Top Stand for Nikon Coolpix SLR D, J, L, X Series D7000 D500 - 2 Year Guarantee

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 23 Mar 2013
Only purchased a few day ago but I'm already confident that this flexible tripod is just what I required. It arrived well before time, was well packaged and the price was excellent. I have attached my Nikon D5100SLR to it and with a 55-300mm lens on the camera, the tripod held it in position. However, the main reason for the purchase was to use it with my Sony DSC55 Compact Camera which has proved itself to be great for filming Video. The Nikon is a bit hungry on batteries when taking Video whereas the Sony will go on and on. With family get- togethers, this tripod with the Sony attached can be erected just about anywhere. I have attached it onto picture frames and the top of doors to achieve a panoramic view of a room during a party. The results were excellent. I leave the detachable base plate on the tripod screwed to the Camera which makes it ready to attach very quickly. I know this tripod will be invaluable to me in future. Recommended. Bought from Gadget Barn through Amazon. 5*****

Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD Twin Tuner with 1TB Recorder
Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD Twin Tuner with 1TB Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Item, 23 Mar 2013
Some years ago, I purchased a Humax PVR9300T to give me more recording capability than my old Analogue Panasonic Recorder. The 9300T is in constant use and works very well indeed. However when the hand set on the Panasonic Recorder packed up, I realised it was time to get some new equipment. As a keen follower of Motor racing on both four wheels and two, I had to get set up for the 2013 season. The Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview HD 1TB Recorder was the one to get after reading hundreds of reviews. It arrived well before time and was well packaged. It's now in daily use and is proving to be all that the positive reviews claimed. It took a few days to get used to the different ways of working the hand set as compared to the Humax 9300T and I have to say that in a few instances, Humax have made things more complicated. Never-the-less, I now have two twin tuner machines giving me the option to record four programmes at the same time. The FOX T2 really is the business and having the 1TB model, I have all the capacity I need for recording. If you want more info on all that this kit will provide, then you only have to read some of the many other reviews but, as far as I am concerned, the Humax HDR-FOX T2 fills all my expectations. Bought from XS Items Ltd. through Amazon, I highly recommend this one. 5*****

Toshiba SD3010KE DVD Player (Multiregion, HDMI, Upscaling 1080p)
Toshiba SD3010KE DVD Player (Multiregion, HDMI, Upscaling 1080p)
Offered by magicdiscounts

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job, 23 Mar 2013
As usual I read the reviews from 1* to 5* on all the DVD players I could find and decided that my best option was to buy Toshiba.
The multi region capability, HDMI and upscaling to 1080p all influenced my decision. I have tried every type of disc in my library and it has excepted every one. I have it connected to my old Analogue 28" flat screen Panasonic TV by scarp lead as the TV does not have an HDMI connection. Even so, the picture is brilliant and I am reluctant to purchase a Panasonic 42" LED digital TV which would be my choice, while the old set is working so well. The Toshiba is neat and looks well sat above a new Humax FOX T2 Recorder. The only downside about this recorder is that it won't play RAM discs of which I have a few. I was aware of this when I purchased the item so really I can't complain. The Toshiba SD3010KE DVD Player is a nice piece of equipment of which I am completely satisfied and if you are in the market for one, you will be too. Delivery was on time and the goods were packaged extremely well. Bought from Magic Discounts through Amazon I give them both 5***** and thanks.

Lowepro Nova 180 AW Shoulder Bag - Black
Lowepro Nova 180 AW Shoulder Bag - Black
Offered by AVIDES

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 28 Feb 2013
I read loads of reviews before deciding on the Lowepro 180 Bag. My concern was over the size I required. When the decision was made, Amazon were out of stock so I bought it at Jessops in Exeter in their sale which must have been because they were just about to cease trading. The price was very good. The bag has proved to be the right size and is great. At present I fit in it my Nikon D5100SLR, an 18-55m lens, a 55-300m lens, a two piece remote Rad-Con shutter release kit, a Sony DC-W55 camera, EH-5 and EP-5 mains coupler kit, spare 5100 battery and charger, 4 batteries for the Sony, numerous flash drives, card readers and SD cards. The only item I have to get is a Flash which I know I will also be able to fit in the bag. It's easy to carry and does not slip off the shoulder. Getting equipment in and out is easy and with the wet weather cover at the ready, (I haven't had cause to use it as yet) this bag is the business. It is very well made, rugged and strong. It looks and is great. Go on, get one. 5*****.

Ex-Pro® Replacement Nikon EP-5A Connector Coupler Kit with EH-5, EH-5A,EH5a, VEB002EB - 9v, 5Amp - AC Mains Power Supply Adapter for Nikon P7000, P7100, P7800, DSLR D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Accessory, 27 Feb 2013
I was a bit nervous about buying this equipment especially as there were no reviews to compare. I took the plunge regardless and ordered it. The price was very good in comparison and the goods arrived, well packaged and two days earlier than expected. The adaptor slips into the battery compartment of my Nikon D5100SLR and the cable comes out neatly through the small aperture provide in the camera body. There are three sections of cable which can be clearly seen from the product picture. When connected together they give quite a decent length to work with from the mains supply. The equipment works extremely well in my D5100 and I'm delighted with my purchase. For indoor use of any length of time, these items are a must and for the video enthusiast, an absolute neccessity. Bought from Ex-Pro through Amazon, for anything other than the great outdoors, you really need to purchase these items and save yourself the problem of continually charging up batteries, especially with the Nikon which is a bit thirsty on battery power.
I thoroughly recommend the seller (Ex-Pro) and the product. 5*****

Pixel RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Remote with DC2 Type Terminal for Nikon DSLRs
Pixel RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Remote with DC2 Type Terminal for Nikon DSLRs
Offered by UK Highland Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gear, 11 Feb 2013
I have not had too many chances to use the equipment since it arrived but I assembled it on and around my Nikon D5100SLR camera, fixed it on the tripod and put it through its paces indoors. It all worked as it should and every positive comment that has been made of the product would appear to be correct. I'm looking forward to Spring when hopefully I can get out there and use this equipment to the full. It arrived on time, packaging, product and price very good. Recommended. 5*****

UPDATE 27/02/13. I can't understand why some of those who have bought this item have had difficulty fitting the cable into the camera. It obviously needs to be a snug fit otherwise it would be constantly falling out. Mine fits a treat without the use of Vaseline or WD40 spray. One little thing I think is worth a mention is when fitting the top unit to the hot shoe. I found that if you attach it with the light facing forward and you are using the in-built flash, the unit impedes full movement of the pop up flash. To over come this, I found that by reversing the top unit on the hot shoe so that the light faces backwards, flip up the flash unit and push the remote unit on only as far as when it is almost touching the flash, turn the locking wheel and everything then works fine. The distance one can be from the camera with the remote attached is quite incredible. During the cold weather I have put the equipment at the bottom of my garden on the tripod and have taken some nice shots of all manner of wildlife that visit the garden whilst I am sat in a warm room looking out of the window. There's a switch on the hand held unit with four options. Single shot, Burst, Bulb and Timer. To be honest, I can't fault it. This Oppilas Wireless Timer Remote Shutter Release is the business and is very worth it's 5***** rating. Roll on the Spring. Not long now.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2014 9:47 PM BST

The Holiday [DVD] [2006]
The Holiday [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Cameron Diaz
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Holiday [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
This film was bought essentially for my wife and I guess some would say it's a girlie flick. Well, I have to say I've watched it a couple of times and have enjoyed it. With the usual films around these days it's nice to get away from trouble and strife and have a story with a happy ending. Jack Black looks a little out of place but the other three looked great. Product, packaging and price were all good and I have to give it 5*****.

SanDisk SDSDX-016G-X46 16 GB Extreme 45 MB/s Class 10 SDHC Memory Card (Packaging Varies)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 11 Feb 2013
This SD card was purchased to put in my new Nikon D5100SLR Camera. It arrived on time, was well packaged and a great price. On slipping it into my camera I had a few moments of doubt that all was well after having a non compliant notice appear. However, after sliding the small locking switch on the side up and down a few times in quick succession, it worked perfectly and because of its capacity (16GB), it rarely sees the light of day. I have always bought SanDisk cards which I consider to be the best and this one was no exception. Great bit of kit which I highly recommend.5*****

Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Offered by Great Britain Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal, 11 Feb 2013
I read one or two reviews where buyers have experienced problems with this Battery but I needed one badly to back up the one that came with my new Nikon D5100SLR Camera. It arrived before time, was well packaged and the price was great. I charged it up fully and popped it in my camera. It worked perfectly straight away and I have had no troubles whatsoever. This battery is the real deal and cheaper than anything else I found. With the Spring time on the way, I plan to be out and about with the camera and I am seriously considering buying another battery. You can't have too much of a good thing. Have no fears, this battery works well and I can recommend it. 5*****

WHITE SUPER KING Bed Size SEERSUCKER Print, Duvet Cover and Pillow Cases Bedding Set
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedtime Bliss, 5 Nov 2012
After browsing a number of Duvet Covers and Pillow Case Sets, my wife selected this one. The parcel arrived well within time and the contents were quickly put into use. One of our old Duvet Covers had accidently sustained a large tear in it and just had to be replaced. The Seersucker Print set looks great and we are both delighted with the item. The quality is good and the price was very fair. It's difficult to write anything else about this bedding set but I have to say it's a 5***** piece of kit in every department. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7