Profile for S. Rous > Reviews

Content by S. Rous

S. Rous (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
SanDisk Ultra Android 32 GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card and SD Adapter upto 80 Mbps - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value. Didn't realise not only was it a ..., 30 Jan. 2016
Excellent value. Didn't realise not only was it a micro SDHC but also an adapter also for larger memory cards - presumably the SDHC?

Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
Duolingo: Learn Languages Free

3.0 out of 5 stars OK used in conjunction with other learning aids., 15 Jan. 2016
The App I find never as good as full web version. The spoken bit on all is dubious. That said it's the only one I have come across that has this facility. And for free one cannot complain.

8 inch DUAL SYSTEM WINDOWS Tablet Android Tablet PC 8 inch Intel Z3735F Quad Core 1.33GHz Windows 8.1 Tablet PC 32GB ROM Dual Cameras 2.0MP Bluetooth 4.0 OTG HDMI Battery 4200mAh Tablet (32GB ROM, Standard) can upgrade to Windows 10 for free Windows 10 Tablet PC
Offered by Windows Tablets PC and Android Tablet Seller CC SHOP

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it BUT....!!, 12 Jan. 2016
We bought this for our 8 soon to be 9 year old Son for Xmas. It came with Android 5.1 and Windows10 already installed. Instructions on how to switch OS were not necessarily the best but I managed to figure it out and also able to setup some security features as owner and Administrator on both Android and Windows, before handing it over to my Son and letting him loose on WWW.....Wild West Web! Having 2 Operating systems brings with it advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are that Apps that are only available on Google Play Store can be downloaded and used under Android, likewise the same applies for Microsoft specific Apps. The Main disadvantage we have found is the way Internal Storage appears to have been allocated between Windows and Android. Windows has substantially more allocated than does Android - no doubt because it is required so much so that on Android with only a few apps installed we've now run out of space. This wouldn't be a problem if we could install or move Apps to SD but it seems we can't. Note I think this is a limitation of the particular Android OS and not the Device nonetheless it's a bit of a gotcha and quite disappointing nonetheless especially as we have just purchased an additional SD storage assuming this would allow additional apps to be installed on Android only to find that it won't. Prior to discovering this yesterday this device would have been on track for a 4.5 - 5* rating. Note issue might not be a device issue seems this could be an Android OS issue. The support website I think like many others have said is pretty useless, I've contacted OSTECH support using E-Mail address provided in documentation but not holding up too much hope but will endeavor to update this review dependent upon support provided or not! There have also been issues running an App on Android that uses Bluetooth to control remote cars it works perfectly on an iPhone6 and does have listed compatible Android Devices which obviously this isn't one of them so problem could be with manufacturer support not device itself although you would have thought all android devices would be the same but I know they're not - software is bespoke for starters! On the positive side, Clarity is superb and I personally I am amazed by the picture/video quality. It also seems to do almost everything else that my Son requires - which surprise surprise is mainly playing games - Minecraft, Roblox, Minion Rush and watchingYou Tube just about sums it all up. Size and weight is just right. Having 2 Operating Systems means you have to get your head round both that could be an advantage or disadvantage - personally I see it as both....I had a real headache prior to Xmas learning how to setup the different systems prior to wrapping this up. USB lead supplied to charge the device is inadequate in terms of length however this can easily be extended. Haven't had any issues with changing rotation of screen.....suspect that was user error not issue with device. Device has had lots of use already. Whilst I would classify this is as cheap and good value for money it's certainly no toy. Despite the issues I'm tempted to purchase one for myself although because of the issues we've seen I might be tempted to go for one with just Windows10 loaded. I would like at least one additional micro USB Port however that could be used for additional USB devices - I've discovered that the Power USB can it seems be used to connect certain devices but not all.

IVSO® 9.7" PU Leather Stand Case + USB Keyboard With Free Stylus For 9.7" Onda Vi40 Ployer MOMO11 Tablet PC (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not Secure Pad, 20 Mar. 2014
Purchased this Case + Keyboard but was useless and resulted in the device being dropped! Keyboard was too small to be of any use either.

As somebody who is used to using a laptop or keyboard with tracker pad, this simply did not work very well. I think other reviewers have commented on the way the clips simply do not secure the device, ultimately resulting in it sliding out and being dropped on the floor.

Device in this instance would have been better protected if not used with this product!

Ployer Momo20s - 10.1 Inch Quad Core Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), IPS SCREEN - 1280 x 800 Resolution; WIFI; QUAD CORE - 4 X CORTEX A7 (4 x 1.2GHz); 8 X PowerVR GPUs; 10 Point Touch Screen, 16GB Storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, HDMI & 3D Output - New Google Play Installed - Dual Camera 1.3MP Front & 2.0MP Rear Camera's - Flash 11.1 Pre-Installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Compatible

4.0 out of 5 stars OK and probably Good Value, 27 Feb. 2014
Good Points -
Excellent Screen resolution/picture
USB connection
Micro Card Slot for additional Memory
It works out of the box.

Bad Points -
Personally thought it a little heavy but having recently compared side by side with a iPAD I realised perhaps it's not so heavy after all and perhaps a 7" device might have been more suitable than a 10" one for prolonged use.
WiFi not that wonderful very bad, slow signal when compared against laptop.
The device was dropped and the screen has become cracked but still works. I was initially unable to obtain a replacement screen but since writing initial review have obtained a replacement from Actablet so am now a lot happier that this is not quite the cheap, throwaway item that I first thought!
I'm used to using a laptop and this is simply not as good as a laptop but then comparing prices should it be - probably not.
My Son however enjoys many hours (too many probably) playing a multitude of games (most free) that he has managed to download and I have to say they all seem to work well, although sometimes we do notice things locking up.
I'm on second Power Adapter/Connection which is small but at least I have been able to obtain one with relative ease - again actablet came up trumps but I see others are available on Amazon.
Having also installed a Micro SD Card and freed up some storage space it goes without saying that performance has improved. No doubt having my son downloading a whole screen full of games/apps and filling the memory up doesn't help!
So I'm upgrading my initial review from 3 stars to 4 mainly because when you look at it, you get what you pay for and compared with other similar products this probably is good value and it might just be that I'm simply not a PAD Man if I were and the WIFI worked as well on this as my laptops this might be getting 5 stars!

Ghost Hunt Interactive Laser Game (New UK version of the award winning 'Chass Fantomes')
Offered by SARAH ET COMPAGNIE

3.0 out of 5 stars A Big Dark Room with no mirrors is required., 9 Feb. 2013
Something my Son saw advertised on the TV and wanted. As I think with all games and toys advertised on the TV, they are never quite what they make themselves out to be. It comes with only 1 gun so whilst it has the facility to have 2 players they have to take turns using the single gun. My Son who was nearly 6 at Xmas also found it perhaps a little scary - bearing in mind for this to work effectively it has to be in a completely darkened room with no glass showing to allow reflections - so no good where you might have mirrors or patio doors that do not have curtains. Also I think it really needs to be setup on a table in the middle of the room to get the best out of this. Possibly in the ideal location and either a different child or older child even this might be more of a hit but for us it's a bit of a miss.

Panasonic KX-TG8063EB Triple Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG8063EB Triple Colour DECT Phone Set with Answer Machine
Offered by eZee Trade

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 9 Feb. 2013
Looking at reviews on Amazon, decided to go for Panasonic but had a nightmare then trying to find the exact model and quantity. Working through all the various Panasonic products this one had what I wanted - intercom, handsfree, headset and ability to sync phonebook up with all devices - haven't tried this yet. All in all very pleased with this product, very easy to setup and have not really had to consult the manual. Works fine on ECO Power right down bottom garden shed, quality is fine. Thought I had the wrong device as couldn't find the headset socket but found this today at the side of the headsets. I would rate this 5* if I could operate the phone whilst still charging but I've noticed that putting the phone back in the base effectively terminates a call even if on loudspeaker. This is probably something they all do to be quite honest and probably won't be an issue.

Sat-Nav Suction Mount for use with the Nav-Mat/Windscreen for all TomTom and Garmin Sat-Navs
Offered by Southmid Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than original Tom Tom sucker, 9 Feb. 2013
I've discovered that the hire car I have currently obviously doesn't like suckers of any kind, this one included but I was able to stick this to the side windscreen and it help up whereas the one that came with my Tom Tom One XL would not stick anywhere. I suspect that where I to purchase the mat this would then work a treat - Better still were the hire company to enable the Map on the Auris then that would be better still!!

160GB 2.5" External SATA Hard Drive - Storage Device
160GB 2.5" External SATA Hard Drive - Storage Device
Offered by Bipra Limited Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well using USB, 9 Feb. 2013
I'm no expert when it comes to external hardrives but for less than £30 and with 160GB of storage and the ability to be able to connect directly into a PC or have as an external connection I think it's great value and it worked straight away on my Work Dell Laptop. For the techies and the experts I just transferred 5.41GB using the USB connection which I assume is USB2 and it took 9minutes. My rough calculation is that this gives a transfer rate of 82MBps - I think?

Duronic IS10B - Black Capacitive Stylus Pen For iPad Galaxy HTC Eeepad android tablet PC and All Capacitive Screens + use as a pen with refillable black inck
Offered by DURONIC

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylus Broke, 6 Jun. 2012
I like the pen and it works well. However the stylus disintegrated on the first pen I bought at the beginning of the year. I have however bought another one hoping that this one lasts longer than the last! This would have been 5 Star but now dropped to 3 - will drop further if the same happens to this one!

Page: 1 | 2