Profile for Sophiee > Reviews

The Bling Ring [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Emma Watson
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 25 May 2014
This review is from: The Bling Ring [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I love Emma Watson, and it was her involvement in the film that brought it to my attention. She was the reason I watched it for free on a plane. However, the plot line, characters and stellar acting are what prompted me to buy the DVD. It's a really interesting, true life story told by one of the most talented young casts I've seen in a long time.

Looking For Alaska
Looking For Alaska
by John Green
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., 25 May 2014
This review is from: Looking For Alaska (Paperback)
This was the first John Green book I read, and have since gone on to love The Fault in our Stars and look forward to eventually buying Paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines. The layout of the book (it's split into two sections-a "Before" and an "After") made the plot line somewhat predictable as it was obvious from the beginning that something huge happens, and it doesn't take much to work out to whom. However, the telling of the story, the deep and insightful quotes and just the reality of the characters make that all seem inconsequential. As a teenager, I love it. I'm sure adults would too.

iGadgitz Purple Hard Case Cover with Silver Butterfly Design for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation 8gb, 32gb, 64gb + Screen Protector
Offered by iGadgitz
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, 4 April 2014
Let me start of by saying the colour is not quite that shown in the photo. To me it looks more blue, and quite a lot lighter. Having said that, the case is hard and protects my iPod well, which is the most important thing.

Harry Potter Boxed Set  (Adult Edition) (Contains all 7 books in the series)
Harry Potter Boxed Set (Adult Edition) (Contains all 7 books in the series)
by J. K. Rowling
Price: 74.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 4 April 2014
I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. I just thought I should put that out there before I start this post, so of course I was going to love this boxed set. Before purchasing it, I'd already read my brother's beat up copies countless times. In fact, I wouldn't have even looked for my own copies if he hadn't taken his to uni with him. But he did, and I found these. Now, I have to admit, the photograph of J. K. Rowling on the back of each dust jacket and book is not the best one of her they could have chosen. There are hundreds of beautiful photos of her, but the angle of this one just doesn't suit her. Apart from that, these books are completely beautiful and I love them.

Bumble & bumble Styling Surf Spray
Bumble & bumble Styling Surf Spray
Offered by eshopjunkie
Price: 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Spray, 4 April 2014
I went through a phase of using this product everyday for months, which probably didn't do it much good. While it added texture to my hair and encouraged definition in my curls, it did leave my hair quite dull. A really great product for occasional use, and perfect for messy buns and similar styles.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift!, 4 April 2014
I bought this product as a Christmas present for my mum four months ago, after she failed to find one in a Radley store. I've waited a little while before writing a review to make sure it's hard wearing, and thus far there are no complaints. It's a really cute little card wallet that comes in very nice packaging, meaning it can be wrapped and/or kept in its box. Amazing quality for the price, and if I had more plastic, I would definitely buy one for myself too!

Stabilo point88 Colorparade Desk Set Containing 20 Colours
Stabilo point88 Colorparade Desk Set Containing 20 Colours
Price: 8.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the tin, 29 Dec 2013
I bought these pens after my mum bought a smaller pack, and as several of my friends have raved about them. Upon receiving them, I was not disappointed! They're very nicely laid out in the desk-top holder, the pens are brightly coloured and easy to use, what else do you want? A great purchase for those needing to give revision notes or essays a colour boost, anyone mildly creative and people who are just bored with black biro.

JLS: Forever and a Day
JLS: Forever and a Day
by JLS
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: JLS: Forever and a Day (Hardcover)
Okay, I knew when I bought this that I was in for an emotional read. Writing this retrospectively (after being in London for the final concert and crying for the one hour forty five minute train ride home) only increases that feeling. I'm not going to go all superfan-declaring-her-love on you, but if you love these four boys then this is a definite must read-just make sure you have tissues nearby!

CUTE OWLS Pattern [BLACK] SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 i9300 (L) Shock Resistant Neoprene Mobile Phone Case, Cover, Pouch
Offered by Neopulse
Price: 2.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not hard wearing, 29 Dec 2013
I bought this case to replace a very similar one with a different pattern which I bought when I bought my phone. The side seam of that one had come completely undone, to the point where it would not hold my phone anymore, and the top layer had begun to peal off. However, as the fabric they're made from is so great (prevented getting cracks despite the numerous amount of times my phone has dropped to my wooden floor), I decided to purchase a second one. The same thing happened again. While I'm not inclined to purchase a third, I would recommend this to anyone who wants a case for occasional outings, or to be used around the house. It's not really suited to everyday wear and tear.

How to write fiction: A Guardian masterclass (Guardian Shorts)
How to write fiction: A Guardian masterclass (Guardian Shorts)
Price: 1.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Quick Read, 5 Sep 2013
This book is great value for money, giving a real insight into the writing industry. It covers all levels, too, from writing your book to getting it out there as a real, published novel. As the title suggests, it's a very quick read, so perfect for an evening or weekend. A pint-sized writing manual!

Page: 1 | 2