Profile for Ishilda > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Apollo 40 cm Beech Wood Drop Down Front Bread Bin
Apollo 40 cm Beech Wood Drop Down Front Bread Bin

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Dec 2014
Lovely, just what I wanted.

Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner 473ml
Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner 473ml
Offered by E.T. Browne UK Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars But otherwise a good addition to have in circulation, 15 Dec 2014
Makes my hair look greasy and lank after a few washes y itself so I alternate with other shampoos (and the occasional wash with a sulphates shampoo). But otherwise a good addition to have in circulation.

The New Rules of Fitness Marketing: How to Attract Clients and Build a Successful Business Even if You Hate Selling

2.0 out of 5 stars not much content., 15 Dec 2014
Very short - 20 percent of the book was introductions to the various people who had contributed to the book. Lots of short snappy quotes and not much else. Glad I only borrowed this on Kindle Unlimited and didn't buy it!

Karrimor Women's Snowfur II Weathertite Black/Cochineal Snow Boot K517-BCL-149 6 UK, 39 EU, 7 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps feet cosy in the snow!, 13 Feb 2013
I bought these as a precautionary measure before the snow started this year, and I am so glad I did!! Normally when it snows I have to leave for work early so I can slip/slide my way in trainers, but these grip really well and I was able to walk as fast as I usually do, despite the snow and ice on the ground.

They are waterproof, and keep your feet really dry and REALLY WARM.

I'd say they are pretty true to size, I wear mostly a 6 but sometimes a 7, these I bought a 6 and they fit PERFECTLY.

Best winter purchase ever, you won't regret it.

The Water's Edge
The Water's Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars sooo good!!, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Water's Edge (MP3 Download)
fantastic acoustic folky music, if you are into Laura Marling or Mumford & Sons and all that you will love this.

Miss Representation [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Miss Representation [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Siebel Newsom
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 13 Feb 2013
I saw this at a small screening in London, and knew I had to buy it (even though it is Region 1 and I can basically only watch it once before I have to change my computer settings back to normal.)

Recommended for all women or for anyone who knows a woman or works with one or is related to one. Seriously, this film will blow your mind. It's entertaining and riveting, and it will really make you think about how gender is represented in the media.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2014 3:40 AM BST

In the Hunt (Smart Pop)
In the Hunt (Smart Pop)
by Supernatural TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!!, 13 Feb 2013
I'm a big fan of the series AND English Literature was my favourite subject at school, so these essays just made me really really happy by combining my love for over-analysis with the Winchester boys. Really enjoyable way to get a bit more out of the series.

Supernatural Dean Winchester Mask Amulet Pendant Necklace [Apparel]
Supernatural Dean Winchester Mask Amulet Pendant Necklace [Apparel]
Offered by TV Tees

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost, so close but let down by the chain., 13 Feb 2013
The pendant itself is really nice, it's actually nicer than another one I bought from a different supplier on here. It's a bit brighter and you can't see where the mold was taken (like you can on the other). It IS a bit flatter than the one that Dean seems to wear, but it still looks good in my opinion and I will be proud to wear it (eventually).

The necklace is very flimsy, bits of the extension chain broke off even as I took it out of the packet. The link between the pendant and the necklace is, as another reviewer noted, too small to actually fit onto the chain. This means it will basically live in a drawer until I can take it to a jewellers to buy a new link and a new leather necklace. I've still given it 4 stars, because it was reasonably priced, and I'd rather have a decent pendant.

So top marks for the pendant itself, just be prepared to buy a new link and a new leather necklace.

Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World
Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World
by Lisa Bloom

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 25 Dec 2012
This book really opened my eyes. I know I spent hours on ridiculous sites like the Daily Fail women's section, continuing to click on the next celebrity non-news, rather than the ACTUAL news. BUt this book made me realise how I've been sleepwalking into an adulthood of ignorance. I've started reading good books again, non-fiction as well, trying to find out more about the world we live in. This book really reignites a thirst for more knowledge! It also makes you think you can change more in the world than just your own body, and gives loads of pointers on how to do just that.

I've already purchased several copies to give to friends, and plan to give it to my 1 year old niece when she's old enough to read it! Of course I'd hope by then that it would be irrelevant, that by then more media coverage would be given to Angelina Jolie's humanitarian work than her weight, but I doubt it.

Timeline (Auto Series)
Timeline (Auto Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, 24 Oct 2012
This is so good - I was recommended it by a friend who described the premise and said she read it in about half an hour - I was hooked!

I too read it in about 30-40 minutes and was impressed with the suspense - I really wanted to find out what happened next.

The technology was spot on and very believable. A fun read that I think will actually stay with me for ages.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3