Profile for Mark Leruste > Reviews

Content by Mark Leruste

Mark Leruste "@markleruste" (London)

Page: 1 | 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Jan. 2016
It's solid, chunky and does the job.

Joby GorillaPod Original Tripod - Charcoal
Joby GorillaPod Original Tripod - Charcoal

3.0 out of 5 stars ... Professional SLRs and Camcorders with Ballhead X" which I love. And would recommend, 21 Jan. 2016
It's smaller than I expected and feels a little cheap in my opinion compared to the bigger versions of Joby (I own the "Joby GorillaPod Focus Tripod for Professional SLRs and Camcorders with Ballhead X" which I love. And would recommend.

Joby GripTight Mount for Smartphones
Joby GripTight Mount for Smartphones
Offered by total digital stores

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for still capture. Not great on the move., 21 Jan. 2016
What I like about it is that it's small, light and that you can fold it back flat and store it easily. The problem with it is that as it's a foldable mount, when it's standing, it's not very solid. So if you're using it while moving it will vibrate and won't be stable.

[Upgraded Version] VicTsing 3 In 1 Clip-On Lens Kit, 180 Degree Supreme Fisheye Lens + 0.67X Wide Angle Lens + Micro Lens with 2 Separate Clips for iPhone SE 6 6 Plus 6S 5 5C 5S 4S 4 iPad mini iPad Air 4 3 2 Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edage S7 / S7 Edage Sony HTC ONE Phones with Flat Camera (Wide Angle Lens and Macro Lens are connected together) - Black
Offered by VICTECH

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for video, not so great for photos., 21 Jan. 2016
I'm using an iPhone 5c, and when you put the wide lens or fisheye, you can see the corners of the lens on the camera. Which isn't shown on the actual sales page. However, when you switch to video mode, the corners disappear. If you're looking to take photos with it, I'd make sure you're OK with having the corners on display on your photo.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2016 10:33 PM BST

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness: The Complete Guide to Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet
by Robert Cheeke
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for vegans., 18 Dec. 2014
A real page turner and one of the best guides on fitness and nutrition I've had the pleasure of reading. I'm not a vegan and yet I've learned so much about plant based nutrition and body building. Robert pores his heart and soul into this and shares everything he knows. Definitely worth the purchase!

Raw Freedom : Quick and Delicious Raw Food Recipes for Everyday Energy
Raw Freedom : Quick and Delicious Raw Food Recipes for Everyday Energy

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't get any better than this, 3 Mar. 2014
Like most modern day urban men, my book shelf is stacked with unopened cook books and unattended diet fad recipes. But unlike any other cook book I've come across, Raw Freedom makes it SUPER simple to make quick, delicious and super duper nutritious food. Meaning I haven't been able to put it down since I've bought it and I've even managed to impress my girlfriend wit ha few cheeky recipes, like the raw cheesecake. To.Die.For. Enjoy every page, enjoy ever mouth full.

Entrepreneur Revolution: How to develop your entrepreneurial mindset and start a business that works
by Daniel Priestley

4.0 out of 5 stars An Entrepreneurial Force To Be Reckoned With, 12 May 2013
In short, Daniel Priestley's new book "Entrepreneur Revolution" is a monumental page turner. I pretty much read it in two sittings and I can't wait to read it all over again in a few months time. But first I'll be sure to implement some of the amazing tips and tools he shares with his readers on how to build a successful business around the entrepreneurs sweet spot. It's packed with practical advice and pointers on how to follow your dream and not get stuck in the industrialised mindset. And instead, step into the exciting journey towards business empowerment. There are many self-help books out there, but this one is written in a way that is both approachable and enjoyable making it a winning combination for anyone looking to jump ship and start a business of their own. In fact, you'd be stupid not to read this book if you're thinking of starting a business. Daniel's second book boils down what he talks about at his sold out KPI (Become a Key Person of Influence) events. In fact, I'm surprised at the wealth of information Daniel shares with us in his new book, but at the same time, he walks his entrepreneurial talk and understands clearly how to turn any small business into a successful Global Small Business (GSB). Get yourself a copy of this book, grab a note pad, a pen and a cup of your favourite hot beverage, and get ready to start your own entrepreneur revolution!

Find Your Lightbulb: How to Make Millions from Apparently Impossible Ideas
Find Your Lightbulb: How to Make Millions from Apparently Impossible Ideas
by Mike Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a corporate thing, 21 Aug. 2012
I had very high expectations for this book, as I had researched Mike Harris before buying "Find Your Lightbulb". During my online browsing, I discovered that Mike Harris was very good at helping people come up with their "perfect pitch" through his involvement in Daniel Priestley's "Become a Key Person of Influence" programme. Amongst other things, Mike Harris had also been involved in some heavyweight businesses. Which lead me to believe he would be an interesting person to learn from. Especially when promised that a business idea, no matter how crazy it may seem, could potentially be successful, or in his words, turn into a million dollar company. Although I've never been interested in running a multi million dollar company. And that's perhaps exactly where the problem is. That and the fact that I feel like the title is both misleading and accurate.

You see, Mike Harris draws from his vast experience in the corporate world, but really doesn't come up with anything worthwhile for the 'average guy'. Don't get me wrong, there are things you can learn from and no doubt you will learn from his book. I particularly liked the passage on Apollo 13 and why according to Mike Harris is the best example of Leadership (funnily enough, I've seen this example used in a few different books lately). But if like me, you're not a large multinational in the making, and you're looking to launch a business that has a social impact, rather than an ever growing bank account, this book is not for you.

And if you're wondering why I mentioned that the title of this book is both misleading and accurate, well I don't believe by reading this book you'll find your lightbulb. At least I didn't find mine. Still very much in the dark. Mike Harris covers this aspect briefly with some strategies which don't necessarily apply to you and me. Non of which will help you find your lightbulb. If it has, I'd like to know how.

But on the other hand, I'm sure that if you're after a successful corporate venture you'll get to the top of the corporate ladder in no time. After all he's done it over and over again and has been successful at most of his ventures.

Now what I'd like to see, is a book on Perfect Pitching. I've learned more from watching a few of his videos online about that subject than I have from reading his book on finding your lightbulb. And even though I didn't particularly enjoy Find Your Lightbulb, I have no doubt "Find Your Perfect Pitch" would be a much better book.

What's Stopping You?: Why Smart People Don't Always Reach Their Potential and How You Can.
by Robert Kelsey

4.0 out of 5 stars A go-to guide for anyone obsessed with self improvement books, 19 Aug. 2012
My title might be a little misleading. Only because if you're a sucker for self improvement book, then this book might change the way you see self improvement practices forever. It appears that you don't need anything else but yourself to get to where you want to be. And once you stop being obsessed at looking inwards and instead start giving back, you'll realise that in fact, that's what life is all about. Enjoying the good life. Not looking for the perfect one. Packed with a ton of research and relevant quotes from a zillion different sources, Robert Kelsey managed to deliver a refreshingly different perspective on what it means to understand, be with, and overcome fear. No doubt a book that deserves a place on your book shelf. But more importantly, should be read and studied.

Stop Talking, Start Doing: : A Kick in the Pants in Six Parts
Stop Talking, Start Doing: : A Kick in the Pants in Six Parts
by Shaa Wasmund

5.0 out of 5 stars Get in the ring with Stop Talking Start Doing, 17 Aug. 2012
Entrepreneurs, like boxers, can sometimes punch well above their weight regardless of how big or how powerful their opponent may be. But in order for hands to be raised, you first need to step into the ring. Not watch it from the stalls. Through her book "Stop Talking Start Doing", Shaa Wasmund shows us exactly how to do just that. Written with Richard Newton, the duo managed to combine a nifty combination of down to earth inspirational jabs to bring our fears and excuses to the ground. Making sure they don't get back up before the bell rings, allowing us to just get on with it. And if you think it's another motivational book, you might want to think again. It's not. I've read a trunk load of those books and this isn't one of them. It's witty, to point and doesn't 'faf' about making it almost impossible not to read it from cover to cover in one sitting.

Having recently seen Shaa Wasmund deliver a keynote speech at a conference I attended in London, I knew Shaa was indeed a women of action. "Stop Talking Start Doing" packs in a great amount of reasons why you should stop talking and instead, start doing. It's the sort of book I wished I'd written. It's short, sweet, colourful and most of all strikes a chord in all of us: You can either be a talker or a doer. Ultimately, it's your call.

Enjoy the read.