Profile for kittylou > Reviews

Unravelling Oliver
Unravelling Oliver
by Liz Nugent

5.0 out of 5 stars A thrilling page turner!, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Unravelling Oliver (Paperback)
I selected this book randomly from the library as I wanted to read something different. I found myself gripped from the beginning and could not put it down.

Like the title describes, the book unravels the main character Oliver, a seemingly charming children's author who's life is dissected by those around him in the aftermath of his 'uncharacteristic' attack on his mild mannered wife. Each chapter is told in the first person including Oliver as friends and neighbours try and come to terms with these dark events. As the story unfolds, we find that in Oliver's quest to reinvent his life, he is a man willing to manipulate and deceive to get what he wants with shocking consequences.

Morphy Richards Accents 44039 Four Slice Toaster
Morphy Richards Accents 44039 Four Slice Toaster

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice design but slow to toast., 12 Jun. 2014
Bought this toaster to replace my tefal avanti which we'd had for years.

Nice design and more compact but slower to toast. It's nice enough. After all, you only need it to toast bread!

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars One for Alan Partridge fans only, 5 April 2014
I didn't laugh once during this. I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about. This is is one for Alan Partridge fans only.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 5:44 PM BST

Nirvana EP
Nirvana EP

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and dreamy, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Nirvana EP (MP3 Download)
I've been waiting for ages for this e.p to be released so I could listen to it on repeat! Don't miss out one of the best artists 2013 has seen!

The Dinner
The Dinner

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Dinner (Kindle Edition)
For all the hype behind this book, I found it a bit of a let down. Would make a great play though.

Sing to the Moon (Deluxe)
Sing to the Moon (Deluxe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album to chill out to., 26 Sept. 2013
I'm not a fan of jazz, so I was hesitant to purchase this as most reviews box her in the jazz category. Although there are jazz influences on the album, it's also filled with melodic and soulful tunes that just melt you. It's a great album to chill out to with some uptempo songs you can't help but clap along too. Green Garden is particular is particular one you can't help but tap your foot along to!

In my opinion this is one of the stand out albums of the year.

The Artist Lounge
The Artist Lounge

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really my cup of tea, 16 May 2013
This review is from: The Artist Lounge (MP3 Download)
I only downloaded this EP because of the hype that surrounds him. He's a talented guy, but I found his music is not really my cup of tea. By the way. Isn't an EP supposed to have four tracks on it? This only had three.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this book down!, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
I'm glad I read the book before hype as I had no pre-conceived opinions or any idea on what the story was actually about. Was gripped from the off and could not put book down.

It's a tense thriller with lots of twists and surprises. Each chapter is seen from the point of view of the husband and his missing wife, giving you a tense and twisted perspective on the story which unfolds.

Brilliant read! One of favourite books of the year.

The Love of My Life
The Love of My Life

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 16 May 2013
Written well, it's a tragic love story dealing with grief and heartache. I thought the love between the central characters was believable and realistic, though I was a bit disappointed with the ending. Worth giving a try though.

Safe House
Safe House

3.0 out of 5 stars Gripping thriller, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
Thought the book had a slow start, but was worth perserving. The book starts to pick up pace a third in, then was I was totally hooked!

Page: 1 | 2