Profile for DaveW > Reviews

Snow White & The Huntsman [Original Soundtrack]
Snow White & The Huntsman [Original Soundtrack]
Price: 13.13

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!, 21 Mar 2014
Saw the film and loved the screenplay. Plus the very appropriate music score captured my attention as well.
It is uplifting, soothing, dark & mysterious, powerful & saddening at all the right places. A wonderful CD with a fresh sound. You must check it out.

Glassnote
Glassnote
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Next please..., 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Glassnote (MP3 Download)
Sorry but this is not my type of music. I checked all the tracks but it is not for me.

No Sleep Records - The Timey Wimey Sampler

Netgear WN1000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear WN1000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Price: 17.75

5.0 out of 5 stars At last ,WiFi that works, 30 Jan 2014
Reception in the atttached garage converted to an office was very poor and inconsistent. I suspected that this was due to the router being on the other side of a main load bearing wall,which cut the signal down.
The instructions look more complex in a miniscule font than they really are. Simply plug it into a socket approx halfway between the Router and the PC in question and turn the socket on.Leave it to settle for a minute or so, then fire up the PC's Web Browser. It recognised the WiFi prescence of the Netgaer Booster, without me having to search for it. I then followed the intuitve on-screen instructions to complete the set-up and make the new Netgear Booster my default WiFi connection. The Netgear's 'name' is the same as your original Router's name but it now ends with "_EXT". Use your password to get in for the first time and off you go.
Delivery was very good in approx 3 working days,althoughg packaging was not all that good, it's own plastic pacakging was substantial so it surved ok.

Crucial 2GB Kit (1GBx2) PC2-5300 DDR2 Desktop Memory Upgrade 240-pin Dimm
Crucial 2GB Kit (1GBx2) PC2-5300 DDR2 Desktop Memory Upgrade 240-pin Dimm
Price: 27.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Faster PC, 30 Jan 2014
OK , so I my OS is XP SP3 and my PC had 2GB of RAM. Even thougfh it has a dual core 3.2GHz processor, it was really sluggish, especially when I had a few tabs open in Internet Explorer. After a few mins the PC would grind right down to the point where I would have toi start shutting down programs just so it could keep going. One of the snags with XP 32 bit is that it can only deal with RAM up to 3GB,anthing more thanthat is simply not used. It might sound like a bit of a waste but at the good price of the additional 2GB from Crucial to take me up to 4GB with 1GB wasted, it was still definatley worth it.
I have had Word, Excel, Access, Media Player, AutoCAD, plus a couiple of minor graphics programs and up to 7 active tabs in Internet Explorer all running at the same time and the PC barley falters. Ram has to be upgraded in matched pairs so I had top buy another 2GB to get best performance from the RAM upgrade. Crucial do a RAM checker to see what your Motherboard and exisitng RAM are to make sure you get the right RAM for an upgrade. THe Crucail web site says one price, while Amazon sell the same product from Crucail at a slighlty lower price. Use sopme common sense here where you buy it from. My order arrived after 3 working days. Packaging was not good but it survived and worked fine out-of-the-box.
My bottom line line here is that my RAM upgrade WAS worthwhile (even if 1GB appears to be wasted) and my PC is performing better for it.

SanDisk SDSDQU-032G-U46A MicroSDHC Ultra 32 GB Class 10 UHS-I 30 MB/s with SD Adapter (Label May Change)
Offered by GizzmoHeaven
Price: 13.49

4.0 out of 5 stars The item turned up in good time, slightly better than the given delivery date, 26 Nov 2013
The item turned up in good time,slightly better than the given delivery date,which is good in my books. It was packed adequately and it was a real ScanDisc product, not one of the various copies that have been floating around and it came with the adaptor to use in either a standard or micro socket. When I fitted it in my Nokia Luma 620 moble phone, the system recoginsed it as anew card and asked if I wanted to format it for use. After the format was completed, it then asked me if I wanted to use it for videos & music etc, so I opted for Yes and set up the other data storage options on my phone accordingly.
I then connected the phone to my Pc with the USB cable to start copying across the 20GB of MP3’s I have. It took about 20 mins to copy it all over and then I started to explore the music app. As I scroll through Albums, Artists, Genre Playlists etc, the changes are smooth and responsive. I don’t know it is performing at the stated speed but with the number of MP3’s I have stored on my mobile phone, I reckon it is doing pretty good.

Danse Macabre
Danse Macabre
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Danse Macabre played at it’s best., 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Danse Macabre (MP3 Download)
I have sifted through various arrangements and performances of this classic piece. In my mind & ears, this one ticks the all boxes with it’s sharper delivery of this masterpiece.

Nothing Else Matters
Nothing Else Matters
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Metalica On Form, 1 Oct 2013
One of their best. Put on the cans, lay back, close you eyes, crank it up and fly away with this powerful, enchanting rendition. You may be lying still but in your minds-eye, you will be soaring.

Circlesong 6 (Voice)
Circlesong 6 (Voice)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerising performance by Bobby McFerrin, 1 Oct 2013
This is just the music of the voice, there are no other instruments used. It is highly compelling, pulling you in as it goes around and builds up with it's wonderful harmonics and rhythms.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3