Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "humptydumpty85" (london UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ugreen 3.5mm Auxiliary Stereo Audio Jack to Jack Cable 90 Degree Right Angle for Apple iPhone, iPod, iPad, Samsung,Smartphones, Tablets and Speakers, 24K Gold Plated Male to Male,2m, Black
Offered by UGREEN GROUP LIMITED UK

AINOL TAB NOVO7 Fire Flame - 7'' HD IPS display (1280*800) dual core 1.5GHz android 4.0 ice cream sandwich tablet pc 16GB 5MP dual camera HDMI Bluetooth aluminium alloy Metal casing

5.0 out of 5 stars So far the most robust "chinese" tablet I've tried! Get one!!, 26 Oct. 2012
So I have had a few tablets (or used a few) bought a random tablet from SSHD. Rubbish. I wouldnt buy from them either nor the second store SSHD2. Tablet did not have uk android market and they did nothing to resolve the problem. The tablet was also not worth using though robust.

-NATPC M009S RTB -not too bad for speed, had access to all of the UK market but screen quality (when compared to this is manageable but not amazing, a NATPC M009S with wifi and 3G - horrible battery life, horrible feel, slow and again screen not that great. The only other tablet that has compared to this was the Ainol Aurora 7 which is also robust but lacks the dual core (unless you get the II) and back camera. It also didn't have full market access.

This review refers to the flame not fire though they are the same. The flame is the English version which comes in a black box and (I assume) if you need to do a factory reset it will not reset to Chinese. It also doesn't come with the Chinese apps that they usually do.

I bought mine from big tech direct and it arrived the next day. First thing to note is that in comparison to some other sellers and devices this tablet had full access to the market and (strangely enough though I wont complain) can use sky go and tv catchup which most non official tablets cannot. Bonus! Screen is beautiful. I dont do dpi or all that jazz but can say that the quality is definitely on a par (when looking at both together) with the nexus and galaxy tab. It looks brilliant when connected to the 42 inch tv but like other reviewers have noted the tablet does become very blurred and hard to touch in the right place. This hasnt happened with any other tablet I've tried but isn't a big deal for me so doesn't bother me at all. It works! Movies play very well. Download MX player as it plays most formats and you wont have to worry about which player to use for what file.

Speed - this device is very nippy. Boots up in the usual 60-90 seconds. Connects to Wifi fairly swiftly (if you dont want it to disconnect when it goes to sleep you have to go into advanced settings and change it). Browsing using the stock browser is actually quite swift for a change. Im mostly using chrome as I can access tabs from my phone and computer but find the stock browser quicker. (Note - sometimes chrome fails to load, if it does kill the task (either with es task killer if stock on your tablet or the inbuilt task manager) and restart and it usually works no problem. The stock browser does not have this problem)

Cameras - nothing to write home about tbh but handy to have I guess

Sound - I'm happy with the sound and can watch a movie at home happily with the in built speaks. Sounds great via aux on the hifi or in the car. Only negative is the popping sound which some of these devices have and I think can be fixed when newer firmware is available. It pops when asleep sometimes and pops to come out of sleep mode but again doesn't bother me as the device is good in all other aspects. Skype works well and front camera picture is ok. It appeared slightly better than my husbands iphone. Another problem is the recording function. I don't record voice notes but if you intend to you will find it plays back quite screechy. Again noted by another reviewer but for me not an issue.

Storage - I am currently using a class 10 32 gb sd card which works no problem. Annoyingly these tablets come with a 1gb internal memory, then another internal partition with the remainder from the 16. The 1gb fills first with apps and you'll find it can fill quite quickly. Download app2sd and transfer any apps that are moveable to your external storage.

Bluetooth - works brilliantly. Have paired my phone to it and transferred pictures seamlessly across. I connected my bluetooth headset but didn't quite know what to do with it lol. Didn't try skype as no one was online but it may work?? Next thing is to get some bluetooth speaks which would be quite useful for music and movies.

Market - as I said this device has full market access. If there are some apps that don't come up in the market for the tablet (some are specifically for certain devices) I have downloaded them to my phone and then gone into play and downloaded them to the tablet and have been able to use them no problem. Massive plus! The only thing I would say is don't bother trying to use google movies and possibly the books as the tablet doesn't pass the verification. Lucky patcher didn't work to fix this - not a major issue for me as I just watched it on my phone instead

Overall Id say this is the closest you'll come to a samsung galaxy tab 2 in this price bracket. Its a very sturdy build, for me much better looking and feeling than the nexus. Comes with ICS and I'm sure soon Jelly bean and is also rooted. Battery life so far on the ainol tablets is fab! I can get a whole day morning till night using the internet and maybe watch a movie before I need to charge (obviously not constantly but fairly frequent use all day). If I'm just word processing, sending emails or reading I can get more. Having the brightness up and wifi on. (I'm sure if I switched them off I could get more?)

Definitely worth investing in and buying from a UK seller. Big tech direct were brilliant in exchanging my tablet as the first one had a battery issue but this so far has been brilliant. Ainol tablets are a winner!

NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little tablet for the price tag!!, 29 Jun. 2012
So I wrote a looooong review a couple of weeks back only to find it didnt post! So I will have to give an abridged version lol.

So far it has proved to be a fairly reliable tablet. The corners of the screen can be hit or miss to touch but not too annoying. Screen quality for me considering the price is fantastic. It has access to the UK android market which my previous cheap tab didnt. Connected to the internet within minutes without a problem. I did try and tether from my iPhone and had problems however if you go into setttings>about>info>phone name and change your phone name to the same thing minus the apostrophe it will connect fine. Works really well now at good speeds.

It does crash a little but to be honest Im used to it. Mostly when using the browser. The chrome is a beta version, the stock browser is pants and dolphin hd is pretty good. Chrome remembers tabs so it doesnt bother me too much. Opera mini is supposed to be quite good for these tabs too.

I have been able to transfer quite large files in minutes via websharing lite app (?name). I have found however (and it may be my sd card) that when I copy things onto my external SD they tend to crash but on the internal work perfectly fine. Movies, pictures etc.

So far all the apps Ive used have worked great - fruit ninja, angry birds, skype, facebook (though some versions can be clunky. the preinstalled one worked well so if you upgrade and its not great, uninstall), hotmail (which on this tab has synced my contacts!), flickr, kindle, news apps etc. There is some issue with some apps failing the market check as its a rooted tablet so check your apps before you buy.

Screen wise - I bought this tablet for my hobby as a photographer. To save having to print album upon album to show potential clients and its great. Fits in my handbag, turn the brightness up and the photos look fairly decent.

Sound - is brilliant in comparison to my last cheap tab. Its not fantastic quality (stick it into a speaker) but loud enough to hear say a film on the move or skype someone without too much hassle.

My great buys for this tab would be -

A case. A well known auction site has a good one with a stand that comes up if you search natpc. Comes in an array of colours and is a fairly good fit!

HDMI cable if you intend on travelling with the tab. Home screen looked amaze on our 42inch at home and will make travelling with baby to hotels and showing him his programmes a lot easier.

The forum is a great source of information so try there if you have any questions. Whilst its not an iPad for me its a tablet that fits in my handbag, I can read books on it, play music, watch movies and not break the bank. Battery life is about a day of on and off use but continuous use you're looking at about 3 hours tops. Download badass battery to give you an estimate and see whats using your power and a task killer to kill apps that are working behind the scenes (ICS does have its own inbuilt one)

Lastly - the seller has been fantastic. Deliveries are speedy, replacement was super fast and communication fantastic. Makes things a lot easier when you have a seller you can call on for help who respond in a timely helpful manner.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The one that got away....., 29 Jun. 2012
We used these to try and catch a rogue mouse that set up shop in our house. He was caught......then he got away. I guess it shows that it does work though.....

Wired--up HDMI Mini to HDMI Male 1.8m Cable - Black
Wired--up HDMI Mini to HDMI Male 1.8m Cable - Black
Offered by MrStar

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good.... :-D, 29 Jun. 2012
Have just received this cable. Ordered it 2 days ago and its already here! So far so good. Bought it to connect my cheap android tablet to our 42 inch tv. It worked perfectly first time. It was crystal clear. Video playback was smooth and sound quality very good. For the price I cannot complain. :-D

Lloytron E8010RD Rechargeable Handy Vac Vaccum Cleaner, Metallic Red
Lloytron E8010RD Rechargeable Handy Vac Vaccum Cleaner, Metallic Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple affordable handyvac, 20 Jun. 2012
I bought this unit specifically to help mop up my baby's crumbs and odd bits around the house without needing to bring out the big hoover. I did try and use it straight out of the box which was silly and suction was crap. I charged it overnight and am quite pleased with the suction. Unlike some other similar priced vacs it comes with 2 attachments. I havent tried it with liquids yet so cant comment but for general household pick ups its absolutely fine and reasonable priced

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not genuine, 15 Jun. 2012
Unfortunately this charger is not genuine and often not recognised by my Iphone. I have other colours USB chargers that are not apple made that work fine

Duronic CH260 Compact White Multi Mini Food Chopper
Duronic CH260 Compact White Multi Mini Food Chopper
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for weaning!, 15 Jan. 2012
I bought this as a few of the reviews said it was useful for weaning. It is smaller than my food processor therefore easier to blend small amounts. It does what it says on the tin. You push down to activate the blades and in a few pulses can have varying textures of foods. I have so far managed to puree peaches, make baby rice and sweet potato and broccoli. Definitely useful for a mum as I was able to get the food in and blend it one handed while holding baby.

Belly Belt
Belly Belt
Offered by Baby Lurve

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have if you want to wear pre pregnancy clothes, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Belly Belt (Apparel)
I managed to use the smallest size the whole way through pregnancy. They are perfect for allowing some adjustment if you are mainly bump and can fit into the trousers you want to extend. They also come in very handy post pregnancy when you're not quite as big but still dont fit into your clothes

Lansinoh HPA 40ml Cream for Sore Nipples and Cracked Skin
Lansinoh HPA 40ml Cream for Sore Nipples and Cracked Skin
Offered by Earths Nature

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic cream!! One tube goes a long way, 15 Jan. 2012
Simply put, a must have for any breastfeeding mum! A tube has lasted me nearly 3 months of once a day use. Soothes sore nipples, helped when baby and I had thrush. A definite must have if you dont want to give up once all the bad bits kick in!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3