ARRAY(0xb4a1ad74)

Tigi Catwalk Curl Collection Curls Rock Amplifier 150ml
Offered by HAIR ANGELS
Price: 12.20

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing that tames my curls, 29 Jan 2014
I have coarse, curly, occasionally frizzy long hair. I would recommend this to anyone with unruly hair, this gives definition to curls that numerous other products just don't so I've come back to it again and again. Good price on here compared to buying in salons too.

OtterBox Defender Series Case for Blackberry Z10 - Black
OtterBox Defender Series Case for Blackberry Z10 - Black
Offered by Sorze
Price: 14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a suit of armour for my phone, 29 Jan 2014
I dropped my last phone so many times, it was hard to believe I could still use it (just!). Rather than have my lovely new Z10 face the same fate, I bought this case based on recommendations on here and a reasonably good price. It arrived way ahead of schedule, less than 48 hours after ordering, well packaged, a little fiddly to get on the phone, wasn't sure what went where but figured it out quickly enough. My phone feels very safe and functions well in the case, easy to plug in charger and earphone jack. I don't expect to need the belt holster but the case itself feels very strong and secure, although it does add a little bulk and weight to the phone which personally doesn't bother me but might not be for everyone, depends on your priority, mine is definitely to protect it from me dropping it, is it weird that I'm looking forward to dropping it now?!?!

The 9 Intense Experiences: An Action Plan to Change Your Life Forever
The 9 Intense Experiences: An Action Plan to Change Your Life Forever

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring, lights up a simple if not easy path, 19 Nov 2011
I read this book about six months ago, I admit I liked the title and the blurb and bought it expecting an easy fix to the challenges of life (I know, I know!). This book, no more than any other is not offering a quick fix but Brian does offer you some great tools to make your own discoveries and to open your mind. The book, as the title suggests focuses on 9 intense experiences but within are 100's of ideas to help you become the 'you' you were meant to be. Some of the ideas are so obvious, that you'll have those yes yes of course moments but others are offering a very different perspective from how we are conditioned. Some of the suggestions are easy to embrace and have a go at (getting lost somewhere, which I often manage to do by accident but he encourages you to do it on purpose to see what you uncover), others more challenging depending on what your own circumstances are. I recognise the value of the letter writing exercise and how therapeutic that can be but need a bit more oomph to tackle that one. The one suggestion that really hit home with me was really simple, based on the fact that in general we spend more than 90% of our time indoors, 90%! Astonishing. Get out and appreciate nature in all it's forms, the earth, trees etc, so I got out there and hugged a tree, albeit checking who was around first (sorry Brian) but I did it all the same and now appreciate trees like I never did before. I've also become more conscious of how much toxic content we expose ourselves to on a daily basis in tv and written media and have stopped reading newspapers as a result. Brian gives you many suggestions for further reading, movies and music that will further enrich all of these experiences. This book will help you relearn how to live for each moment, appreciate what you have and who you are and no longer let fear stop you from doing anything. Not an easy road but definitely a worthwhile one.

The Anatomy of Peace: How to Resolve the Heart of Conflict
The Anatomy of Peace: How to Resolve the Heart of Conflict
Price: 4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Book of the year for me, 19 Sep 2011
Absolutely loved this book. Follows what I assume are fictional characters, a group of parents going through a boot camp for their troubled kids and follows their progress, doubts and breakthroughs over the course of the boot camp. We quickly learn that perhaps it's not the tearaway kids who are the problem. Very insightful, very non-biased approach to problem solving not just for parents but for everyone in work, relationships, families, basically everyday interaction with others and how we can be catalysts for change instead of sabotaging harmony and progress. Lovely examples from politics, history and everyday situations used throughout. Great lessons in life, should be on the curriculum for schools.

In Defence of Food: The Myth of Nutrition and the Pleasures of Eating: An Eater's Manifesto
by Michael Pollan
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent thought provoking book, 8 Jun 2010
This book is an excellent common sense approach to food and in fact a celebration of food. Some of the sciency bits take a bit of chewing over but once he gets to the food guidelines it is a much easier read. Very interesting how we as consumers are manipulated by the food industry/supermarkets/scientists. Looking forward to the reaction of my qualified nutritionist sister!

Yoga for Weight Loss: The Effective 4-week Slimming Plan for Body, Mind and Spirit
by Celia Hawe

4.0 out of 5 stars Very holistic and motivitional, 4 Feb 2009
I found this book to be an excellent read, not just a manual for a quick fix but it gives you the opportunity to analyse why you do things and how to change your approach. The actual asanas are nicely explained and diagrammed and the relaxation and meditation exercises are lovely. My only criticism is I think it will take alot of practice to try and learn the routine from the book, a dvd or even cd would be a useful addition to help you get used to the programme.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
by Mitch Albom

5.0 out of 5 stars Really loved it, 1 Aug 2007
I have just finished this book having picked it up by chance in a book shop. I absolutely loved it and like other readers here had tears streaming down my face regularly. What a lovely story and a lovely look back on life. This book does not have to answer all the philosophical questions just tell the story and that's what it does beautifully. I was thinking it would be a lovely film but another reviewer said it already is a film - will have to look that up and get a box of kleenex at the same time. Will definitely be checking out some more of Mitch Albom.