Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

iGadgitz Jog Safe Reflective Neoprene Sports Gym Jogging Armband for Apple iPhone 4/4S - Black/Silver
Offered by iGadgitz

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of chaffing, 7 Jun 2013
I've used this a couple of times when jogging.

When I opened the package I found the edges of the armband were sharp and the first time I used it got small cuts/friction burns on the inside of my arm. I've managed to take off the sharp edges using a nail file and now it's ok. It does slide and rotate a little bit when I run so it doesn't quite fit snuggly enough for me. I'm not sure I would use it in the rain.

On the plus side I can get my phone in with the bumper still on, I can access the phone screen easily and it's better than carrying a phone in your pocket. I think it's Ok for the money.

Asics Women's Gel Nimbus 14 W White/Purple/Turquoise Trainer T291N 0136 4.5 UK
Asics Women's Gel Nimbus 14 W White/Purple/Turquoise Trainer T291N 0136 4.5 UK
Offered by trendalarm24

5.0 out of 5 stars Light on your feet, 14 May 2013
Having tried a few different trainers for jogging and light gym work, a Nimbus is now one of my preferred options (my alternative would be a decent New Balance trainer).
I have a slight pronation, but also a small, narrow foot with a high instep, and the Nimbus is one of the few trainers to fit me properly (having a half size option helps). I also prefer the weight of these trainers and the subtle pronation support means you get a good feel for the ground when running.

Karlie Art Sportiv Plus Reflecting Collars, 30-45 cm x 15 mm, Orange
Karlie Art Sportiv Plus Reflecting Collars, 30-45 cm x 15 mm, Orange
Offered by Zoo Galaxie

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, smart and easy to clean, 25 Mar 2013
This is a very nice collar which is light enough for my small dog. I have a bright orange one which looks good on him and is really noticeable at night. I like the safety lock and that the clip can't rug on your dogs neck. It's got very grubby but washes easily, and has not faded or shrunk.

My only criticism is the lead ring is a bit on the large size and my dog has got his claw caught in it a couple of times.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (UK): Prima's Official Game Guide
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (UK): Prima's Official Game Guide
by Prima Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Tidy, mun, 25 Mar 2013
This is the first JRPG we've played and this guide has really helped us get to grips with the different strategies needed for the different bosses and areas. The familiars guide is particularly useful and we now are levelling up familiars that we would have passed by. Unlike another reviewer, we have managed to find the secret treasures using the maps as a guide to the general area (I agree they are quite small) but then we've referred to the walkthrough which explains where the treasures are by telling you what features to look for.
I've given this five stars as without this guide I don't think we would have understood all the nuances of this game (and would have been stuck on the Al-Khemi boss).

Hounds Of Love
Hounds Of Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Groundbreaking, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: Hounds Of Love (MP3 Download)
I had this groundbreaking album on vinyl when it was first released. Though Kate may have inspired many female artists since, in my opinion this album still sounds innovative and original.
It's worth buying just for the hits on the first 'side' alone (Hound of Love, Cloudbusting), but it's the second part which tells a story through the music which shows Kate at her creative best.

Drawing Manga Animals, Chibis, and Other Adorable Creatures
Drawing Manga Animals, Chibis, and Other Adorable Creatures
by J. C. Amberlyn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners and kids, 29 Nov 2011
I bought three of these books, one for a teenager who is hoping to get into graphic design and one each for two 11 year olds who love doodling. This book is a great beginner's guide as it takes you through the basics but includes some more detailed designs as well as a guide to creating mange drawings on your computer. It's so straightforward even I've managed to draw a Chibi version of my kid and my dog, and I'm completely hamfisted.

I've seen a couple of good manga/animation books by Christopher Hart for those who want more, but for the money this is brilliant value.

How to Make Wine at Home
How to Make Wine at Home

1.0 out of 5 stars Very little information, 31 Aug 2011
I wouldn't describe this as a step by step guide. Initially I downloaded the sample which showed just the table of contents. From this I decided to purchase the full version expecting a basic winemaking guide but there was very little by way of useful information. Instead the author just refers to his website which is plugging his other book, a Complete guide the winemaking. Even though this was 89p I think it was a waste of money.