Profile for BBT... > Reviews

Content by BBT...

BBT... (west lothian, scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Visual Anatomy
Visual Anatomy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 18 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Visual Anatomy (App)
Very helpful for learning anatomy. Like the interactivity. Easy to use. Glad I had an app credit to pay for it.

The Truth about Carbs: How to Eat Just the Right Amount of Carbs to Slash Fat, Look Great Naked, & Live Lean Year-Round

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clear book, 11 Dec. 2014
I really liked this book. Clear, well-researched nutritional information. I also liked the writing style & found it easy to read. Recommended.

It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this book, 16 Jun. 2013
Really liked this book. Liked the tone & the argument is persuasive. May give it a go. Certainly will implement some of the ideas.

The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book., 8 Jun. 2013
Very interesting book. Easy to read! Learnt a lot & will implement the ideas in to my diet going forward...

Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
by Scott Jurek

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book., 7 July 2012
It may not be for everyone but it's inspiring and the recipes look good. Made me a little sad at the end but very thought provoking. A man on a mission to understand his reasons for existence in every way.

One of those books that really makes you think, I quite fancy giving it a go.

For Richer, For Poorer: Confessions of a Player
For Richer, For Poorer: Confessions of a Player
by Victoria Coren

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, want to know what happened next!, 11 May 2012
I loved this book!

Part of this is because I play a lot of (very small stakes) poker and have followed the poker world for several years so understood the game and knew of many of the people mentioned and partly because being a woman of similar age to the author, I have very many of the same hopes and fears, particularly about family and fitting in. In addition, I've done well elsewhere but am parsimonious with my poker roll so could identify with the comments about people splashing cash on one thing and being very mean on the other...so it was like coming home for me!

Having being a girl who has worked in a male environment all my life, I also understood that "apartness" that is always there, you want to be treated as one of the boys but they are always conscious a woman is there and always adjust to your very presence, sometimes in a negative way when you just would like them to be comfortable and not worry. I really felt for the author! It's a dynamic that is very hard to put into words but this book is beautifully written and I read it pretty much in one go, only interspersed with a PS $5.50 tourney where I was cruising into the money and my AA was cracked by trip 10's...sigh...

It might also improve my game, time to buckle up and be brave!

Write To Sell: The Ultimate Guide to Great Copywriting
Write To Sell: The Ultimate Guide to Great Copywriting
by Andy Maslen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 21 Jun. 2010
Even if I never write copy, this book is going to be useful. Learnt such a lot about phrasing and grammar and words. Very clear, very funny and easy to read. Recommended.

The Harriman Book of Investing Rules: Collected Wisdom from the World's Top 150 Investors: Invaluable Advice from 150 Master Investors (Harriman Rules)
by Stephen Eckett

5.0 out of 5 stars trif book, 1 Mar. 2008
It shows there are no one way to invest or trade, all opinions are valid!

Siemens by Porsche Design Jug Kettle (Stainless Steel)
Siemens by Porsche Design Jug Kettle (Stainless Steel)

1.0 out of 5 stars Older model but same problems, 23 Jan. 2008
Mine gave up within the year. Very poor customer service and very disappointed to have no resolution after much discussion. Left with a broken, very expensive kettle and a very unhappy experience with a brand I would have expected more from.

The Naked Trader: How Anyone Can Make Money Trading Shares
The Naked Trader: How Anyone Can Make Money Trading Shares
by Robbie Burns

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 5 Jan. 2008
Bought this with some trepidation as I have Vol. 1 and was worried there would be too much overlap. However, it really is good and I've read it over the last two days and enjoyed it immensely.

I almost feel like this book is more "grown up" than the first but without being stuffy or less fun. I've been doing quite a lot of reading about investment and this brings them all together nicely.

Well done Robbie!