Profile for ErnieK > Reviews

Content by ErnieK

ErnieK "ErnieK" (Scottish Borders)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock with Universal Orienting Windshield / Dashboard and Air Vent Mount for Nexus 6,SONY Xperia Z3V,Moto Droid Turbo,Nexus 5,Nexus 4, Droid Maxx/Mini,LG G3 , Samsung, HTC and Other Qi Wireless Charger Phones
Offered by CHOETECH

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, sturdy wireless charger, 5 Aug 2014
After testing this for the past few days I give it 4 stars.

Fitting:
When mounted onto the windscreen it is secure and has only minimal vibration shudder. The reason for not giving it 5 stars is because [with the supplied fixtures] I cannot attach it to the air vents as it does not fit into the vents on my Citroen car [At least I cannot get it to do so but that could be down to me not fitting it correctly]. Also due the dimpled effect on the surface of the dashboard it cannot be mounted there either.

Product
The screen mount is solid enough and does not "wobble" whilst the holding arms feel reasonably sturdy, The phone holding arms are also reasonable sturdy. The inclusion of different size USB cables is a bonus. Supplied with the charger are 4 or 5 small stick on holder things to stop the USB cable flapping about and getting in your way. I have not tried to use these yet but do not expect them to stick to the surface of my car due to dimpled effect. As stated previously I cannot vouch for the vent or dashboard fittings.

Usage:
After connecting the cable to the charging pad I at first had a wee bit of difficulty getting the phone to charge but this was down to my not fitting the phone correctly to the charging pad [I was not pushing it back far enough onto the mount. I have an OtterBox phone cover fitted to the [Samsung S5] phone and once I learned the correct fitting position I have had no problems since. Whilst doing a 300 round trip [with regular stops along the way - mounting\dismounting the phone] and using [Sygic} Sat Nav my phone actually increased the the battery charge. Using it with the phone on stand-bye the charging process was fast. On both setups the phone did not become more than slightly warm which is a good sign and [to me] indicates a good secure connection.

All in all I would have given this charger the full 5 stars if it had been possible to mount on the vents and or surface [dashboard].
Ernie

OtterBox Defender Series Protective Phone Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Blueprint

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal case for S5, 17 July 2014
Nice tight, secure fit. Nice to hold and does not add too much bulk to the phone. With the Boomyours wireless charging receiver fitted (which allows the retaining of the waterproofing of the S5) as well the phone charges without problems. No having to search for the sweet spot.

Full marks for this item

Koolpad Qi Wireless Charger Pad for All Qi Compatible Devices Including Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S5 SV and other Phones with Receivers & iPhone with iQi Mobile (Black - Muted with Sound Disabled)
Offered by Fonesalesman

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable charging pad, 17 July 2014
No problems using this charging pad. Lay phone onto it and it starts charging without problems.No having to search for a "sweet spot". I also have an Otterbox Defender case fitted and this does not create any problems as well as the Boomyours wireless charger which when fitted phone retains the waterproof facility. Because this has the sound disabled and subdued indicator light it can be used beside my bed without disturbing me when phone is fully charged.

BOOMYOURS Qi Wireless charger charging Receiver For Samsung Galaxy S5 Support NFC
Offered by boomyours

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer service and really good product, 17 July 2014
The reason for trying this item was the fact that it is very thin compared to others that I looked at and because I also wanted to fit an Otterbox Defender protective case as well as retaining the waterproof facility of my S5.

BOOMYOURS put my mind at ease every step of the way. Responding to the 5 or 6 E-mails I sent to them, usually within about 15 minutes each time. Because the Otterbox case is a very snug fit it was essential that the receiver was thin enough to enable me to fit the case.

The charging receiver was very easy to fit. Taking the back plate of my phone and fitting the receiver then replacing the back-plate/battery cover took about a minute.

I give BOOMYOURS 10 out of 10 for customer support. Every-time I sent them an e-mail to ask yet more questions they were able to answer all my questions in a clear concise manner that put my mind at rest. The charger its-self I also give 10 out of 10. I was able to retain the waterproof capabilities of my phone and fit the Otterbox case without problems due to the thinness of the receiver. When I place the phone on my charging pad it connects without any problems.

I now have a good wireless charging receiver fitted and a strong secure case fitted to my Samsung S5. Once again I give BOOMYOURS 10 out of 10 for customer service and the receiver the same score.
Erniek

X-Men And The Wolverine Adamantium Collection [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013]
X-Men And The Wolverine Adamantium Collection [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Amazon, 13 May 2014
I have just bought this boxed set and the total price was £2.00 [including postage]. That is correct £2.00!

How did I manage that? Well when I ordered my Sammy S5 it was late in coming due to Amazon running out. Because of this they supplied me a £20.00 gift voucher as an apology and which I have used here. So a big thank you Amazon. A good start to the day and I could not wait to share it with someone else :-)

As for the films I can't wait. I am looking forward to watching [some] in Blue Ray.
X-Men are great films and to have the complete set to hand will be "fandabbydosus" .
Another great set for my DVD\Blue Ray collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 6:24 PM BST

TG Cases® New Google Nexus 7 2 II Tablet (Launched July 2013) Premium Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case / Cover / Wallet and Flip Stand + 1 Included Screen Protector and 1 Stylus Pen for New Google Nexus 7 2 II (July 2013) Tablet 16GB or 32GB, Android 4.3 - Premium Bluetooth Keyboard Cover (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class Product, 5 Nov 2013
When I bought this case\cover\keyboard it only cost me a total [including postage] just over £6.00. My main reason for getting this was because of the keyboard.

When I ordered it I thought it would be a load of rubbish but at that price it would suffice until I had another good look around elsewhere as well as on Amazon and eventually pick a decent product. Boy was I in for a BIG surprise!

The case is well padded and not too large when closed with the keyboard still attached. I wear "Body-warmers" and it still fits neatly into the side pockets making it easy [for me] to carry my Nexus 7 [2013] about with me. I feel confident that if I dropped it the case would protect the tablet [though I am not going to experiment with this :-)]. The feel, texture and quality of the case is good and does not feel cheap or insecure when holding it in my hand [either held open like a book or with the front flap folded back]. Nor does it feel too heavy and cumbersome. I would have preferred a choice of viewing angles but not a complaint as the existing angle is comfortable to work with.

As for the keyboard. this was also a big surprise for me. It took two [2] attempts for me to get it paired with the nexus but this was due to my inexperience using BT. Since it connected I have had no issues or problems with it. Turning off the keyboard and BT on the tablet does not remove the "connected" keyboard. Turn both back on and I am typing in just a few seconds.

Because of the keyboard size it takes wee bit learning to use it but found my way around it easy enough [again not a complaint - just an observance - but a small card with keys' uses would be helpful. Not just for this but other makes as well]. All necessary keys are there. Once you have used it for a short while you will find that there is very little difference between it and laptop\desktop keyboard other that the size [I quickly learned to tuck certain fingers out of reach of the KB. When the keyboard is removed and laid on my lap it is still sturdy\rigid enough and does not feel as though it has too much flexibility. To reattach it to the case just drop it into place and it is once again firmly attached.

I am now looking for a screen mount that will enable me to attach my tablet to my windscreen with case [with and without the keyboard] so any suggestions would be welcome.

Manhattan Plaza HDR-S HD Freesat Receiver and PVR with Built-In 320GB HDD
Manhattan Plaza HDR-S HD Freesat Receiver and PVR with Built-In 320GB HDD
Offered by NowView

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bought yet but have a question., 7 Jun 2013
I have reviewed quite few Freesat boxes and finally decided on this one but I have a final question before buying it.

My preference is for a FREESAT DVD recorder which are impossible to find now. Plenty of FreeVIEW recorders with this ability but no FreeSAT. My reason for the built in DVD recorder is to put onto DVD some programs I have watched\recorded - for example the programs concerning the build upto the D-Day landings and Britain spying on the German POW's etc. I would like to be able to view these again whilst away from home in the future using a DVD my laptop. In my area there are very few FreeVIEW hence the need for FreeSAT channels so now to my question.

Would I be able to connect a DVD recorder to this box and therefore have the abilities I would like.

Hope someone can help me out here. Also [if possible] recommend a good set-top [if available a Blueray] DVD recorder (NOT 3D)
Hoping for a quick response
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2013 5:13 PM BST

Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate Collection (PC)
Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate Collection (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ordered but NOT recieved yet, 28 Dec 2012
I have given this 3 stars on the name alone [I have been using PS since version 8] but as I have not yet received my order cannot actually review product but I have a question for Dr. Athanasios N. Fanariotis

What is this patch you speak of and where can it be found. You say it was hard to find so could you please post the link for it thus enabling me to find it.

Secondly for The Fat Monk.
As you say information about PS UC is extremely hard to find, in fact it is [virtually] non-existant. Since placing my order I have been trying to track down exact details on the differences, so thanks for posting them [the differences]here. Where did you actually get this info.
Thanks to both of you in advance for [any]replies
Ernie
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2013 1:02 PM GMT

Windows 8 Pro, Upgrade Edition [Upgrade from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7] (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Is this a RETAIL version?, 20 Dec 2012
Before purchasing this Windows 8 Pro Upgrade I would like to know if this is an OEM or RETAIL version?

OEM Version - Installed and "tied" to a single machine.

Retail Version - Can be un-installed from one PC and then re-installed onto a different PC with totally different hardware etc.
(Please note that OS MUST be un-installed from 1st PC before you are allowed to install onto a second\other PC)

If this is tied to a single PC then it is of no use to me. I have a habit of setting up different PC's to see difference on how the OS operates using totally different hardware specs.
Ernie
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2012 11:56 AM GMT

Compatible Canon Pixma MG6250 Ink Cartridges - One Of Each Colour Including Grey (6-Pack)

3.0 out of 5 stars New user, 4 July 2012
I have not recieved these cartridges yet as they were only ordered a short while ago. Have given 3 stars for the price. (£5.00 for 6 cartridges).

After use I will get back and say whether thay are any use or if I find problems prining colour photos etc.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2013 5:19 PM BST