Profile for Ellie > Reviews

Lord of the Flies
Lord of the Flies
by William Golding

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lord of the Flies (Paperback)
A very harrowing tale told beautifully. Explores child psychology in a completely unique way- no wonder it is a modern classic.

InventCase Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablet (2nd Generation - 7-Inch) 2012 Smart Multi-Functional Leather 2-Fold Case Cover with Sleep Wake Function - Purple
Offered by Sunny Savers Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice., 18 Jun. 2013
The product looks nice, is a fair price and arrived in good time. However, you have to put your kindle in it the wrong way round for the spaces to fit the buttons properly, so the either it opens the wrong way or you hold it so the "on" button is at the bottom (the screen flips anyway). I don't really mind it, but it's a bit bizarre and goes against reason.

Bridget Jones 2: The Edge of Reason [DVD] [2004]
Bridget Jones 2: The Edge of Reason [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Renée Zellweger
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 18 Jun. 2013
Quick delivery, fair price and a funny film. No complaints, and I would recommend to anyone who wants a girly night in with a few laughs :)

Villette
Villette

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Villette (Kindle Edition)
I think it's wonderful that one can enjoy such classics for completely free. I loved the book, as I love all of the Brontė's novels. Thank you Amazon.

CAR WINDSCREEN INTERIOR SUCTION ADJUSTABLE REAR VIEW MIRROR
CAR WINDSCREEN INTERIOR SUCTION ADJUSTABLE REAR VIEW MIRROR
Offered by Argo City LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work., 18 Jun. 2013
This mirror was impossible to adjust to an angle that actually allowed anyone to see out of the rear window of the car, and it kept falling off. The examiner of my driving test had to go and fetch another from the test centre, as they luckily had some spares. Spend the extra couple of pounds and get on that actually functions properly- it could cost you your test.

The Bloody Chamber (York Notes Advanced)
The Bloody Chamber (York Notes Advanced)
by Angela Carter

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful!, 18 Jun. 2013
This was very helpful for analysis of The Bloody Chamber. I bought this because I was studying it for A Level, but it's so interesting that I'd recommend it to any keen reader. Offers some extremely interesting ideas.

The Early Poems of Alfred Lord Tennyson
The Early Poems of Alfred Lord Tennyson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 18 Jun. 2013
I think it's wonderful that one can enjoy such classics for completely free. I loved the book. Thank you Amazon.

Life of Charlotte Bronte - Volume 2
Life of Charlotte Bronte - Volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars So interesting., 18 Jun. 2013
I love Charlotte Brontė's novels so it is so interesting to learn about her life, especially from a first-person, reliable perspective from someone who actually knew her, rather than a modern critic using their research to talk about her in retrospect. This is a hugely important piece for our understanding of the lives of the Brontė sisters and it is written in such an engaging manner that one feels almost involved in their circumstances, though they are of times gone long ago.

Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic., 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
I think it's wonderful that one can enjoy such classics for completely free. I loved the book, as I love all of the Brontė's novels, and I must admit that this is one of my favourite books of all time. Thank you Amazon.

Jane Eyre
Jane Eyre

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic- one of my favourite books., 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Jane Eyre (Kindle Edition)
I think it's wonderful that one can enjoy such classics for completely free. I loved the book, as I love all of the Brontė's novels. Yet, I must say, that this is probably my favourite book of all time. Thank you Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3