Profile for Nicolino > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Toxic In-Laws: Loving Strategies for Protecting Your Marriage
Toxic In-Laws: Loving Strategies for Protecting Your Marriage
by Donna Frazier

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Brilliant & (dare I say it?) Very Reassuring., 25 Aug 2013
After having read 'Toxic Parents', I was very pleased to find this book, and knew immediately it would live up to the same standard. I wasn't disappointed. For those of us unlucky enough to be 'blessed' with difficult and even down right thoroughly toxic in-laws, this book not only helps the reader to feel less alone in their plight, but gives useful insight and practical advice, tips, and step-by-step guidance in dealing with such harridans. Beware - it's more than likely to stir up some difficult memories and inner turmoil, but one is so much more enlightened, forewarned, and empowered upon reaching the end of the book.

Controlling People: How to Recognize, Understand and Deal with People Who Try to Control You
by Patricia Evans
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Enlightening Read..., 25 Aug 2013
I found this book very useful and enlightening. The easy-to-read format enables the reader to digest bite-size chunks before moving on to each section. For those of us unlucky enough to be 'blessed' with such difficult people in our lives, this book not only helps the reader to feel less alone in their plight, but gives useful insight, practical advice, tips and guidance in dealing with such controllers. Beware - this book is more than likely to stir up some difficult memories and inner turmoil, but one is so much more enlightened, forewarned, and empowered upon reaching the end of the book.

Agatha Raisin and the Curious Curate (Agatha Raisin 13)
Agatha Raisin and the Curious Curate (Agatha Raisin 13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book For Agatha Raisin Fans., 25 Aug 2013
A gift for my grown up daughter who's hooked on Agatha Raisin Books. Both myself and my daughter found M.C.Beaton's style slightly strange at first, but we soon got hooked on these books once we got the hang of the author's way of writing. There are the usual intriguing twists and turns in the plot, while still keeping one's interest in Agatha's personal and love lives. A great read for those who love 'cosy crime'. It's always useful to be able to look inside books before deciding to make a purchase.

Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came (Agatha Raisin 12)
Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came (Agatha Raisin 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Read for Agatha Raisin Fans., 25 Aug 2013

Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House (Agatha Raisin 14)
Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House (Agatha Raisin 14)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Read for Agatha Raisin Fans., 25 Aug 2013
A gift for my grown up daughter who's hooked on Agatha Raisin Books. Both myself and my daughter found M.C.Beaton's style slightly strange at first, but we soon got hooked on these books once we got the hang of the author's way of writing. There are the usual intriguing twists and turns in the plot, while still keeping one's interest in Agatha's way personal and love lives. A great read for those who love 'cosy crime'. It's always useful to be able to look inside books before deciding to make a purchase.

'Luuurve is a many trousered thing...' (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, Book 8)
by Louise Rennison
Price: 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Laugh Out Loud Read With Georgia Nicholson!, 25 Aug 2013
Fans of Georgia and the Gang won't be disappointed with this book in Louise Rennison's series. I met the author at a local convention once and told her I thought these books should actually be given on prescription for depression! They never fail to entertain and get one laughing out loud. A gift for my grown up daughter, I had to read it before wrapping it up! Strangely (or maybe not) these books appeal to both young readers and their mothers alike - (probably because us mum's think back to our own school days and realise just how similar our lives were to Georgia's back then!) Another Great Read.

"Daily Express" Small Crossword Book: v. 10
"Daily Express" Small Crossword Book: v. 10
by The Daily Express

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok Addition to the Series., 25 Aug 2013
A more modern up-to-date version of the others in this series. Not as easy as the others, but still ok.

Anger is a Choice
Anger is a Choice
by Tim F. LaHaye

3.0 out of 5 stars I Actually Got Angry at This Book!, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Anger is a Choice (Paperback)
Hmmm! I actually got angry reading this book! I thought it would be a self-help book, but I actually felt patronised! There are some good concepts,and it's a book you can dip into, as well as read from cover to cover, but I won't be re-reading it.

'...startled by his furry shorts!' (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, Book 7)
'...startled by his furry shorts!' (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, Book 7)
by Louise Rennison

Fans of Georgia and The Gang won't be disappointed with this book in Louise Rennison's series. I met the author at a local convention once and told her I actually think these books should be given out on prescription as an antidote for depression! They never fail to entertain and get one laughing out loud. A gift for my grown-up daughter, I just had to read it before wrapping it up! Strangely (or maybe not) these books appeal to both younger readers and their mothers alike (probably because us mums think back to our own school days, and realise just how similar our lives were to Georgia's back then!) Another Great Read.

Sacred Spirit 2 - More Chants and Dances of Native America
Sacred Spirit 2 - More Chants and Dances of Native America
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as Brilliant as Sacred Spirit 1, 25 Aug 2013
Having listened to and been enthralled by Sacred Spirit 1, I'm so glad I managed to track down a copy of this cd. It doesn't disappoint and certainly lives up to the fabulous quality and high standard of the first compilation. Highly recommended to fans of this type of music because Sacred Spirit seem to have the edge on authenticity of the Native American Sound - all the instruments are genuine and sympathetically conducive to this style of music - no tinkling panpipes to modern songs here, thank goodness! I simply can't wait for the next cd to become available.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4