Profile for Nicolino > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sacred Spirit 2 - More Chants and Dances of Native America
Sacred Spirit 2 - More Chants and Dances of Native America

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as Brilliant as Sacred Spirit 1, 25 Aug. 2013
Having listened to and been enthralled by Sacred Spirit 1, I'm so glad I managed to track down a copy of this cd. It doesn't disappoint and certainly lives up to the fabulous quality and high standard of the first compilation. Highly recommended to fans of this type of music because Sacred Spirit seem to have the edge on authenticity of the Native American Sound - all the instruments are genuine and sympathetically conducive to this style of music - no tinkling panpipes to modern songs here, thank goodness! I simply can't wait for the next cd to become available.

The Pilgrims Progress in Modern English (Pure Gold Classics)
The Pilgrims Progress in Modern English (Pure Gold Classics)
by John Bunyan

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard Going, But The Very Informative Glossary Makes it and Easier Read..., 25 Aug. 2013
This is the most comprehensive format of this book I've come across to date. It is a bit heavy going, but the glossary does make it a little easier to understand. However, because there is so much to the glossary, it makes it a very long read (which I haven't, as yet, managed to plough through!) I'd recommend it for anyone wanting/needing a lot more information other than what the author wrote. It's always good to be able to look inside the book before making up one's mind to purchase.

Everyone's Mandala Colouring Book: v. 1 (Everyone's Mandala Coloring Book)
Everyone's Mandala Colouring Book: v. 1 (Everyone's Mandala Coloring Book)
by Monique Mandali

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Basic Mandalas., 25 Aug. 2013
Another book I bought while sitting with my broken ankle suspended, thereby having time to indulge in one of my favourite hobbies! I'm an adult who likes to colour - no shame in that! This book, however, is quite a basic mandala book, so I would recommended it for those starting out with them, or even for younger colourers. You can also actually add your own lines, making each one a little more personal. It's also always nice to be able to look inside before making a purchase.

Kaleidoscope Design Colouring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
Kaleidoscope Design Colouring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
by L. Kubistal
Edition: Staple Bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous - Highly Recommended for Those Who Love Mandalas!, 25 Aug. 2013
I loved this book! I would say the mandalas are for those who like more detail. I also used a number of different media - coloured pencils, wax crayons, felt tipped pens, and promarkers - all with equally stunning results. A Great Buy! It's also always good to be able to look inside before purchase.

Decorative Tile Designs: Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
Decorative Tile Designs: Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
by Marty Noble
Edition: Misc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Symmetrical Designs..., 25 Aug. 2013
I absolutely adored this book! It has to be the ultimate in colouring for those who love to colour symmetrical designs. There are a few examples on the back to give ideas and help get you started. The possibilities were endless, the results stunning - I might have to buy a few more of these books and try out different colour combos! Very addictive!

Girl With A Pearl Earring
Girl With A Pearl Earring
Offered by Newtownvideo_EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Both the Book & the CD Are Qually as Enthralling., 25 Aug. 2013
Both the book and the cd are equally as enthralling and compliment the dvd film beautifully. The repetitive music is hypnotic, making it wonderful to relax to. I wanted the cd as soon as I heard the accompanying music to the film. The book doesn't actually give that much more away than the film, which is unusual, but it's still a great read.

The Elephant in the Room: Silence and Denial in Everyday Life
The Elephant in the Room: Silence and Denial in Everyday Life
by Eviatar Zerubavel

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Psychological Theories., 25 Aug. 2013
The large format made this book easy to read and make notes in the margins, although I don't usually buy hard-backed books. Nothing that new here, really, although the psychological theories are interesting. I wouldn't keep it as a reference book - it's written more like a novel. It's always good to be able to look inside before purchasing.

Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle of Your Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
by Joyce Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended for Anyone Grappling With the Psychological Issues Which Often Accompany Life's Difficulties., 25 Aug. 2013
This is a very comprehensive book, and I'd recommend it to anyone grappling with the psychological issues which so often accompany life's difficulties. It is a religious book, though, so the renown and talented author approaches each difficulty from a religious point of view, which wouldn't necessarily appeal to everyone, but I'd still say, why not give it a go because there are so many great ideas contained in this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it's easy to read in that it is divided into sections, making it a fairly easy read.

Stop in the Name of Pants!" (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
Stop in the Name of Pants!" (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)
by Louise Rennison

5.0 out of 5 stars A Laugh Out Loud Read! Highly Recommended!, 25 Aug. 2013
Another laugh out loud read by Louise Rennison. I met the author at a local convention and told her I actually think these books should be provided on prescription to ease depression! You won't be disappointed with this one and, strangely, these books appeal to both younger readers and their mothers alike (probably because us mothers can think back to how things were when we were that age!) Louise never fails to entertain. I bought this book for my grown-up daughter as a gift, but had to read it from cover to cover first!

Geometrical Design Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
Geometrical Design Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
by Spyros Horemis

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Those Who Like Colouring Modern Designs, 25 Aug. 2013
I bought this book for my grown up daughter - we share the therapeutic hobby of colouring! She prefers more modern themes, and achieved some great results with these designs. Good quality paper means felt tips can be used without fear of leakage through to the next page.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4