Profile for Jo Lambert > Reviews

Content by Jo Lambert

Jo Lambert "Taurus Girl" (South West)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Jonah's Woman
Jonah's Woman
Price: 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Jonah's Woman (Kindle Edition)
This was a departure from my normal read. Westerns don't interest me. However this was well written with a good plot and great characters.

Dangerous Joy (The Company of Rogues Series, Book 5)
Dangerous Joy (The Company of Rogues Series, Book 5)
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Company of Rogues Novel, 29 Nov 2013
I can't say I've read one bad book by Jo Beverly. Am gradually working my way through 'The Rogues' series and loving every one of them!

The Viking Warrior (The Vikings Book 4)
The Viking Warrior (The Vikings Book 4)
Price: 1.92

3.0 out of 5 stars The Viking Warrior - Good Start but Fell at the Last Hurdle, 29 Nov 2013
There were three contributors to this novel and reading it, I would say it feels as if each took turns in writing sections of it. There appears to be a distinct difference in the writing some of the chapters. This started as an entertaining read but slowly dwindled into an ending which made me wonder what the whole thing was all about. The story didn't really go anywhere once Ana returned home and then there was the really silly ending where she couldn't make up her mind whether she wanted Rodrick or not. Oh dear!

The Borgias - Season 1-2 [DVD]
The Borgias - Season 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Irons
Price: 12.30

5.0 out of 5 stars I missed it on BBC 2 and looking on Amazon for a DVD series to watch opted for this because I love anything historical, 26 Nov 2013
An absolutely fabulous series! I missed it on BBC 2 and looking on Amazon for a DVD series to watch opted for this because I love anything historical. Lots of gore and flashing the flesh but this did not detract from the power games played within the Vatican and also the inter-family conflicts. Jeremy Irons was wonderful but I also felt Francois Arnaud was quite magnificent in the role of Cezare Borgia. Although he did some pretty awful things there was also a human side to his character. Am currently watching Series 3!

The Stone Maiden (The Celtic Nights Series, Book 1)
The Stone Maiden (The Celtic Nights Series, Book 1)
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolutely Wonderful Read!, 17 Nov 2013
Love medieval romance and have to say there are so many different levels of writing in this genre, some good, some not so good. However, this was in a class of its own. Such a depth to the writing and I absolutely fell in love with the two central characters Ailanna and Sebastien. If there were only more writers like Susan King. Have now begun The Swan Maiden.

I think the one star comment about the use of 'Sirrah' was a little harsh and nit-picky. This is not the first book of its kind where I have read the word in dialogue. The internet interpretation is - 'used as a term of address for a man or boy, especially one younger or of lower status than the speaker.' As far as Ailanna was concerned, she was the clan leader, they were in her native Scotland and therefore she probably believed herself of a higher status than a Norman knight like Sebastian. Also when it was used it was in situations where she was angry with him, so maybe she was being deliberately provocative. If it was an incorrect term, as far as I'm concerned it not matter - in no way did it spoil my enjoyment of this excellent book.

Snow Raven
Snow Raven
Price: 1.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read but a Disappointing End, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Snow Raven (Kindle Edition)
This was a really good book which I had difficulty putting down. However if I had any criticism it was the way in which it ended. The character who had caused great harm in my mind deserved a fitting end, instead all we were treated to was the comment that he had been killed. Such a shame, particularly as the prologue was taken up in great detail with Queen Elizabeth I's last days. This felt like a history lesson we did not need, the book was all about Ran and Merry and I would love to have seen him finish off Wickham. However this will not put me off reaching more of Patricia McAllister in future.

Forbidden Fires
Forbidden Fires
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Story, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Forbidden Fires (Kindle Edition)
This is the first time I've ventured into reading a western romance and I really enjoyed the whole experience. Madeline Baker writes an excellent romance with a feisty heroine and a great leading man.

My Hero (Knights of de Ware Book 3)
My Hero (Knights of de Ware Book 3)
Price: 3.08

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Start but Fell at the Last Hurdle, 9 Nov 2013
Out of the three books in this trilogy book 2 has been the best read. This book started well and then as we reached the end it got silly - grown men arguing over who should help birth a baby, a rescue which did not sit well with the humorous banter between the two knight's wives. Such a shame because the rest of the book, the love between a widowed lady of the manor and her priest was well written.

My Runaway Heart (The Man of My Dreams Series Book 2)
My Runaway Heart (The Man of My Dreams Series Book 2)
Price: 2.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Only Margincally Better..., 7 Nov 2013
In this, the second of the Man of My Dreams series we meet Corisande's friend Lindsay. Lindsay has got her heart set on marrying a romantic hero and, it seems, in pursuit of the man she has finally found, she loses all common sense. I found this readable and loved the hero. Lindsay although, was only marginally less irritating than Corisande with her idiotic behaviour. Shows totally that love is blind. Why otherwise would a man want to spend the rest of his life with a woman like this?

Echoes of Ancient Dreams - A Novella
Echoes of Ancient Dreams - A Novella
Price: 1.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Not One of Her Best, 7 Nov 2013
This like another recent read of Kathryn Le Veque was very disappointing. The time travel thing was interesting but I didn't warm to the hero at all (probably because I have an aversion to red hair). This novella opens the door for a series of books but I'm afraid I do not wish to continue this saga. She is an excellent writer but this book has disappointed I'm afraid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14