Profile for Jo Lambert > Reviews

Content by Jo Lambert

Jo Lambert "Taurus Girl" (South West)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
A Promise of Thunder
A Promise of Thunder

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Up to Her Usual Standard, 2 April 2014
I've read Connie Mason's medieval novels and really enjoyed them. This native American novel, I have to say, did not feel as if it was in the same league. Overall the storyline was good but I found Grady's continual use of 'Lady' when talking to Storm slightly irritating. I also found the way the book was written was in some parts quite childish. Sorry, a disappointment.

Texas Viscount (American Lords Book 3)
Texas Viscount (American Lords Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Different Shirl Henke, 31 Mar 2014
This was a very light hearted romance with some comedy thrown in and although not the kind of novel I most enjoy from Shirl Henke, nonetheless a very good read.

Season of Storm
Season of Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Season of Storm (Kindle Edition)
When I read the blurb about this book I imagined, like all other native American novels that it would be set in the 1800s. In fact it was a modern read set in Canada. Despite this it turned out to be a wonderful love story. Lumber bosses daughter Shulasmith (Smith) and architect Johnny Whitehawk were characters written in great depth. I would definitely recommend this...

Paradise & More (Torres Family Saga Book 1)
Paradise & More (Torres Family Saga Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Read, 17 Mar 2014
I actually read the sequel to this first so may go back and read again. This book incorporated a lot of historical fact which in some ways meant it got slightly bogged down to stgart with. However wanting to know what the future held for Aaron(Diego) and Magdalena kept me on course and in the end it was a case of 'yes, another of Shirl Henke's great books' - Loved it!

Desert Dreams
Desert Dreams

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I Could Have Given this more stars!, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Desert Dreams (Kindle Edition)
I would thoroughly recommend this book. It's the first of Deborah Cox's I have read and it won't be the last. Love the two central characters, This book is certainly in a class of its own with strong central characters and a powerful storyline. A surprise at the end as well!

Return to Paradise (Torres Family Saga Book 2)
Return to Paradise (Torres Family Saga Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Story!, 2 Mar 2014
Again Shirl Henke proves she can cleverly weave passion and an amazing plot. I gave this book five stars because of that. There was only one very small niggle and something I have not found in all the other books of hers I have read. It was an issue of credibility. At the beginning when Miriam falls under the incredibly handsome Rigo's spell I could not believe that a well educated woman who had qualified as a doctor in the 16th century - which was quite an exceptional thing for the time - could have had unprotected sex twice and done absolutely nothing about it. She knew the consequences, made worse by the fact she was a Jewess and he a Christian. To end up pregnant and forced into marriage with him seemed to hold an element of her deliberate entrapment of him. Granted there was this burning passion between them, but she was no green girl. This then sadly coloured her character for me all through the book which is sad as I have loved all Shirl's other female leads. It was well balanced though by Benjamin and Rani's romance, which I absolutely loved plus of course, the story itself which as usual was brilliant!

Wolfkeeper's Woman
Wolfkeeper's Woman

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt by lack of editing, 21 Feb 2014
The storyline held promise but unfortunately didn't deliver. The services of a good editor would have made so many improvements on this, not only through punctuation but also by bringing more essential dialogue into the book. The old adage of showing not telling which is one of the golden rules for those who write was thrown out of the window here. I felt a potentially good book was ruined through overuse of prose, telling the story rather than revealing it through the characters themselves in dialogue.

Wanton Angel (Blackthorne Trilogy Book 3)
Wanton Angel (Blackthorne Trilogy Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Slow Burner, 18 Feb 2014
I love everything Shirl Henke writes and agree with the other reviewer, she certainly does her historical research. As I began this book, however, I began to wonder whether I had at last found something by her that I was not going to enjoy. It did take me a white to get into this book. The first few chapters were very slow and didn't grab the way all her other books do. However am glad I persisted with it because it turned out to be yet another excellent read.

Bride of Fortune
Bride of Fortune

5.0 out of 5 stars Her Best So Far, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bride of Fortune (Kindle Edition)
Two things I love about Shirl Henke's novels are the great way she weaves actual history into her stories and her amazing plots. This book was quite exceptional. Lucero Alvardo is a hard, cruel man who loves fighting and war and craves a life of adventure wanting to get away from his family obligations at his ranch Gran Sangra. When by chance he meets his double Nicholas Fortune,he discovers he is the illegitimate son of his father Don Anselmo Alvardo. As Nicholas is a man tired of war it seems an ideal opportunity to achieve his wish. He therefore persuades Nicholas to swap places, briefing him thoroughly on every aspect of his life. It all seems so simple, but of course, it is far from that, because Nicholas is not the hard, cruel individual his half brother is. And there we set the scene for a wonderful story - adventure, love and heartache, it's all there. A great twist at the end as well! Wonderful!!

Gray Hawk's Lady: Blackfoot Warrior (Blackfoot Warriors)
Gray Hawk's Lady: Blackfoot Warrior (Blackfoot Warriors)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Read!, 1 Feb 2014
This was a beautiful love story between two people from totally different backgrounds who overcome obstacles despite the huge odds stacked against them ever being together. Karen Kay cleverly wraps her stories around the culture of North American Indian tribes with consummate ease. Loved it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15