Profile for Oncojeans > Reviews

Content by Oncojeans

Oncojeans "abarge0101"

Bose SoundTouch 30 Series II Wi-Fi Music System - White
Bose SoundTouch 30 Series II Wi-Fi Music System - White

5.0 out of 5 stars It is easy to stream music over AirPlay to the SoundTouch® unit ..., 12 Jun. 2015
I bought this system last weekend to augment my Bose Cinemate® 130 soundbar. The set-up is straightforward and the app on the Mac and the iPad are intuitive. The sound quality is first rate - deep bass notes and rich clear trebles with plenty of mid-range. The quality of the product is impressive. My one issue has been with pairing to other Apple devices. It is easy to stream music over AirPlay to the SoundTouch® unit but not the Cinemate®. Apparently this is an issue with Apple, who will not allow AirPlay to any TV-linked system except Apple TV. Overall, an excellent product with great sound and great presence.

Canon IXUS 125 HS Digital Camera - Silver (16.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, simple yet sophisticated, 2 Dec. 2012
I bought this as a simple 'point and shoot' camera which was small, and pocketable. I looked at the higher-spec versions with touch-screen and WiFi (240 & 510HS) but decided I liked the simplicity and value for money that this represented. I have used it extensively in the past week, and the results are superb. At 16.1MP it produces very high resolution detail. Use in bright sunshine, by the sea was simple and well compensated. Night-time and flash, both indoor and out were excellent. The LCD screen is very clear, and the menu's simple to navigate. I have had several Canon Ixus cameras in the past, and been thrilled with all of them. This one continues that high standard.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2013 1:29 PM GMT

Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Speaker Hi-Fi, Stereo, Speaker, Grey Hex
Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Speaker Hi-Fi, Stereo, Speaker, Grey Hex

5.0 out of 5 stars Superlative Speaker, 27 Nov. 2012
I bought this for my partner, having been given the Big Jambox myself. It is the best travel accessory I have found. Pairing with my iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch is simple and intuitive. Pairing with my MacBook Air 2011 was a little problematic to begin with, but now works fine. The sound quality is astonishing for so small a device. The bass is rich and deep without being overpowering. Higher notes are clear without distortion. The speaker phone function is invaluable on business trips.
Aesthetically, the grey hex design looks cool and goes well in my minimalist Apple-dominated office.
This is, without question, one of the best pieces of technology I have bought. I recommend it unreservedly

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb -Recommended unreservedly, 17 Nov. 2012
I was given this speaker as a birthday present. It is extremely impressive. The set-up is very simple and straight-forward. Pairing with my iPhone, iPad, iPod-Touch and MacBook Air was simple and intuitive. The voice-prompts are very helpful. It is the sound quality that is most impressive. The bass is rich and deep, without being overpowering. The treble is distinct and undistorted. The overall quality of the sound is very high, and it fills my apartment easily. If I compare it to a docked-system, such as a B&W Zeppelin, the quality is almost as high. For the price, this is a superb piece of kit. The smaller Jambox is more portable, and almost as impressive. Overall, if you want portability, wireless and quality it is hard to beat. Five stars!

Sena Ultraslim Pouch Case for iPod Touch 4th Gen Black
Sena Ultraslim Pouch Case for iPod Touch 4th Gen Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but slightly flawed design, 21 Mar. 2012
Beautiful elegant case, but does require the iPod to be placed in upside down to listen to it - agree with earlier review but the volume control can be managed.

Sena Slim Black Leather Pouch Case Cover for Apple iPhone 4 4S
Sena Slim Black Leather Pouch Case Cover for Apple iPhone 4 4S

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, elegant and stylish, 21 Mar. 2012
This is the best case I have found for my iPhone 4S. Much better than an ugly rubber 'bumper' it protects both surfaces of the phone, and looks beautiful. The Sena Ultraslim iPad case is equally good, as is the matching case for the iPod Touch 4th Gen....

SENA UltraSlim Leather Case for iPad 2 (Black, with iPad 2 Smart Cover)
SENA UltraSlim Leather Case for iPad 2 (Black, with iPad 2 Smart Cover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply superb, 21 Mar. 2012
This is, in my humble opinion, the ultimate in utility, style, elegance and practicality. It completely protects the iPad with the Smartcover attached, enables you to carry it around in your briefcase, and looks elegant.
Can't praise the design, quality or finish highly enough. Slightly pricy, but it matches the brilliant Sena iPhone case so well.....

PhotoFast 32GB I-FlashDrive for Apple iPhone / iPod / iPad
PhotoFast 32GB I-FlashDrive for Apple iPhone / iPod / iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - a useful iPad accessory, 5 Feb. 2012
Bought this last week and used it extensively on a business trip to Asia. Very intuitive and a very good way of storing movies and transfering documents between iPad and Mac. Invaluable in my view - will only be supeceded by a USB port on iPad 3!