ARRAY(0xae1c1b4c)

Profile for R. A. Parkinson > Reviews

Content by R. A. Parkinson

R. A. Parkinson "Roy" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Westinghouse Arius 132 cm/ 52-inches Ceiling Fans, Chrome-White/ Black
Westinghouse Arius 132 cm/ 52-inches Ceiling Fans, Chrome-White/ Black
Price: 177.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall an Excellent Product, 3 Feb 2014
As the headline says, a great product. The electrician found it a bit fiddly to fit but it works very well. One point that I have rasied with Amazon concerns the remote supplied. It says on the advert that it dims the lights. The one included with my fan did not. It only switches the lights on or off. This may not be a bad thing depending on what you really want. I have found it a challenge to get suitable low energy dimming bulbs that fit inside the shades, so unless it is a requirement as in my case I would not be too concerned.

Masterplug Indoor Power TM24-MP 24-Hour Mechanical Segment Timer
Masterplug Indoor Power TM24-MP 24-Hour Mechanical Segment Timer
Offered by Plumbing Bits & Bobs
Price: 8.50

2.0 out of 5 stars It Works After A Fashion, 2 Jan 2014
I bought five of these to control Christmas lights. Initially, they worked OK but after about a week two of the five became noisy and then one of the others started to cause the lights to flicker when the timer ran over each of the segments when on. I therefore returned them all as I did not want to risk them failing totally. I may have been unlucky but I feel that they are poor quality.

CiT 3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA and IDE HDD Enclosure
CiT 3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA and IDE HDD Enclosure
Offered by XL Pro Systems
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Data Lifesaver, 2 Jan 2014
My old HP desktop expired so I looked around for some means of recovering the data from the hard drive. I eventually chose this enclosure. So far it has been great. Simple to fit the hard drive from my old computer, power supply good and once installed it simply acts as a remote hard drive. The quality seems very good for the price. I would definitely recommend this product.

Toshiba HDTB120EK3CA Basics 2TB USB 3.0 2.5 Inch Hard Drive - Black
Toshiba HDTB120EK3CA Basics 2TB USB 3.0 2.5 Inch Hard Drive - Black
Offered by ALMATECH
Price: 84.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 2TB Drive - Initial review, 10 Aug 2013
I chose this hard drive based upon price and previous knowledge of Toshiba products. Firstly, there is a two year warranty on this product which is re-assuring. I have loaded it with 1.3tb of data and so far the performance is comparable with a WD 2tb drive that I also use. The lead and connection is as good as the WD connection. Obviously, the big question is how reliable it will be over a period of time. Overall, it is fast, quiet and I would recommend it to others considering a drive of this size. I only gave it four stars because I have only had it a few days and problems may yet develop.

LINDY 0.5m Premium SCART Lead
LINDY 0.5m Premium SCART Lead
Price: 5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Just The Job, 21 April 2013
This was just right for connecting my digibox to my dvd recorder. It was long enough but gave a neat connection. The picture transmission quality is fine. Overall, good value for money.

Duronic HDC2 Small Black EVA Case for External Portable Hard Drive - Suitable for WD/western digital/Toshiba/Buffalo/Hitachi/Seagate/Samsung - Can fit many sizes incl. 500gb 1tb + More
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Case, 3 Mar 2013
I have purchased a few of these and they are very good value for money. They hold the drive and connecting cable firmly and the external skin of the case affords reasonable protection to the drive.

HGST Touro Mobile MX3 1TB External Hard Drive - Black
HGST Touro Mobile MX3 1TB External Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Gaudio Multimedia GmbH
Price: 50.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive, 3 Mar 2013
I have bought a number of different hard drives. Perhaps, I have been lucky but so far all the usb drives have worked well. This drive is also working well. I am currently loading large film files onto it and it is fast and so far very reliable.

Pandemic (Paul Richter)
Pandemic (Paul Richter)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Conspiracy Story, 27 Feb 2013
Another gripping story from James Barrington. Let us hope that he writes some more. Even my wife could not put it down.

LiteOn ETAU108-02 8x USB 2.0 Slim Top-Load External DVDRW - Black
LiteOn ETAU108-02 8x USB 2.0 Slim Top-Load External DVDRW - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and Supplier, 27 Feb 2013
The top loading facility is better than the front loading one normally found on remote optical drives. I have only used it a few times as much to test it rather than for a particular job. It worked straight away when plugged into the usb drive. I played one of the latest dvd films and to my surprise it worked perfectly. The main reason for the purchase was for loading software and have tested it with microsoft office. That worked fine. Overall, a very good optical drive. If I have one very minor critisism it is only that the surface being very shiny it tends to show finger prints. However, this comment applies to many modern products.

PU Sleeve Case for Kindle 3 (Fits Kindle Keyboard) - Midnight Black
PU Sleeve Case for Kindle 3 (Fits Kindle Keyboard) - Midnight Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Product, 14 Feb 2013
When I first saw this on Amazon I was concerned that something at this relatively modest price could not be that good, but I thought that I would give it a go. To my surpise it is excellent and really works well. I have used it for a few months now. The keyboard slides in easily but just tight enough to prevent the it sliding out by accident. The icing on the cake is the fact that the outer skin is quite hard so protects the screen well. Overall, I am very pleased with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3