Profile for M. Johnson > Reviews

Content by M. Johnson

M. Johnson (Cheshire, UK)

PitRok W1060 Push-Up Crystal Deodorant 100g
PitRok W1060 Push-Up Crystal Deodorant 100g

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever used - I'm a convert!, 4 Dec. 2014
As someone who suffered from allergic reactions to virtually every underarm deoderant or anti-perspirant I've ever tried, but also had stinky B.O., I was getting desperate for some product to help me. PitRok push-up has been a revelation! Been using for over a year now and have never looked back. Easy to use (apply immediately after shower and before drying off), works effectively (24 hrs after shower and no smell) and lasts AGES (still on the same dispenser after all this time.) Cannot recommend it enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Awesome, 12 Jun. 2009
Good 3/4 length shorts, although may be SLIGHTLY too short to be called 3/4 length. I was also a little surprised that they were lighter than I thought they would be. I'm not suggesting they will fall apart, and they have certainly held up well so far - and to be honest, at this price I don't mind too much if they do eventually give up the ghost. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 12 Jun. 2009
Love these shorts. They have gone to the top of my wardrobe as my new favourite pair. Solid, heavy construction and awesome style (especially if your a lazy beach bum like me.)

JVC KD-R401 CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo with Front Aux Input -Red Illumination
JVC KD-R401 CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo with Front Aux Input -Red Illumination
Offered by Car Audio Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 12 Jun. 2009
As the kind of driver who demands control of his own tunes (personal obsession - sorry) I'm always looking for a CD unit that I can control with my eyes shut. As I don't like looking away from the road to change tracks, the best CD players always have simple interfaces with the fewest buttons possible, arranged in an easily accessible format and big enough so that I can stab at them without looking and be fairly sure that I will hit the button I was after. Simply put, this hits all of those bases perfectly. Add that to the usual 3.5m port for MP3 players, the USB port for memory sticks (something that I'm using more and more) and excellent sound quality.
The only problem, although this will probably sound like a really poor reason to give 4 stars instead of 5, is that no case is provided for the detachable faceplate. You can either buy your own and hope it fits, or go without a case and risk snapping something off the rather breakable faceplate. It seems like a really silly flaw in what is otherwise a fantastic system for this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the world of a simple phone, 12 Jun. 2009
After going through the usual treadmill of contracts and ever increasingly complex phones, I finally realised the expense of always getting the lastest 3G MP3 MP4 10 megapixle camera phone just didn't add up anymore. I ditched the contract, picked up a pay-as-you-go sim, and bought this phone. I've never been happier. The signal is good, text & calls are simple and quick, the phone is tough as old boots. Most of all, I still cannot believe just how long the battery lasts without re-charge. Most of the basic range Nokia's seem to share long battery life, but the 1208 has just blown me away. Will never go back to contract gadget phones again.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2011 5:17 PM GMT

Wahl 9918-1117 Cord/ Cordless Grooming kit
Wahl 9918-1117 Cord/ Cordless Grooming kit

4.0 out of 5 stars For this price, you really don't complain, 6 Feb. 2009
As a recent beard grower I wasn't convinced I even needed a beard trimmer, and had been soldiering on for a couple of months with a big set of hair clippers. I decided at this price I really couldn't lose and I have to say I've been really impressed. This is a solid-feeling trimmer with the usual complete range of attachments which seem to cover all the possible beard-bases, although the instructions for use leave a little to be desired. Also, whatever you do don't remove the clipper head to clean thoroughly - the instructions may command it, but you'll be chasing little screws, springs and levers around the room and desperately trying to jam them back into the right places. Now I've learned not to repeat that mistake, I'm more than happy.

Highlander 65 Ltr Loader Bag Holdall - Black
Highlander 65 Ltr Loader Bag Holdall - Black
Offered by The Big Adventure Club

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fair, but not exactly heavy duty, 6 Feb. 2009
I bought this holdall as a smaller alternative to a suitcase for forthcoming holiday and it does everything you could need. Extra straps on the back mean you can carry it in about 4 different ways (holdall, backpack, etc), and it seems to be good build quality. My only concern is the description of it as 'heavy duty'. To be honest, I'd expect a heavy duty bag to be the kind of thing built for warfare, not a solid but light-feeling bag that I feel the need to wrap up with extra strapping. If you don't care about the 'heavy duty' tag then think of this as a 4-star review. If like me you think 'heavy duty' means one of the A-Team would be proud to own it, then the 3-star review stands.

Panasonic DMCFS5 Digital Camera - Black (10.1MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.5'' LCD
Panasonic DMCFS5 Digital Camera - Black (10.1MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.5'' LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel embarassed admitting this but..., 6 Feb. 2009
I feel rather emotionally attached to this camera now. Although there aren't quite the range of manual settings on this camera as I would have liked, you can't possibly expect more in a compact at this price. More importantly, the list of positives goes on and on. Good battery life, good lens, fantastic software (the degree to which it manages to capture excellent images no matter how stupid the lighting/camera shake/flash supressed/etc). Last but not least is overall Panasonic quality - all the new gizmos I've bought over the last 12 months have been Panasonic, and none have let me down. This doesn't either. Highly recommended.

SanDisk 4GB SDHC Secure Digital Card
SanDisk 4GB SDHC Secure Digital Card
Offered by HM-Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 29 Jan. 2009
Firstly, ignore most of the reviews for this product rating it at 1 star. The majority appear to be from people who didn't realise the difference between 'SD' and 'SDHC' and seem to feel either Amazon or Sandisk are responsible for their ignorance. SDHC cards are a newer technology that allow higher storage capacity, and therefore older cameras are not compatible.
As for the card itself, it does the job fine. Access times are a little slow, so if your always in a rush I'm guessing you'd be better off with something from the Sandisk Extreme 3 range. No complaints at this price.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2013 10:19 AM BST