Profile for Easy_tiger > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Kindle, 6 Aug. 2013
I am a little late writing this review as I bought it around a year ago! However, a year on I still love it. In fact I have read more books thanks to the Kindle.

The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)
The One You Love (Emma Holden Suspense Mystery Trilogy, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 6 Aug. 2013
Great read, a good page turner!! I am looking forward to reading the sequel. I would definitely recommend if you like a good mystery.

Kipling Unisex Adult Brownie F Large Wallet Silver Combo K12250815
Kipling Unisex Adult Brownie F Large Wallet Silver Combo K12250815

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 6 Aug. 2013
A great wallet - very sophisticated yet funky. Lots of compartment to keep all my cards and receipts organised. My only negative is that it is slight too big (length wise) but I will still use it. Another great product from Kipling.

Kipling Women's Marna Make Up Pouch Silver Combo K12255815
Kipling Women's Marna Make Up Pouch Silver Combo K12255815

5.0 out of 5 stars A great make up bag, 6 Aug. 2013
I love this bag! It's slightly bigger then a standard make up bag but I like to have lots of space to pack my stuff into. Cool colour too. I'm very happy.

Billy and Me
Billy and Me

2.0 out of 5 stars It lacked pizazz (SPOILER), 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Billy and Me (Kindle Edition)
I found the summery intriguing so downloaded to give it a go. For the first half, I read it regularly (every day on the train), then I felt the book lacked momentum. I put it aside and didn't think about it. About two week later I remembered I hadn't finished it, and I hate not finishing a book. For the majority of the second half I found myself wanting it to hurry up and finish.

There is nothing wrong with the storyline, however I would have liked a few cliffhangers which would make it more of a 'page turner.' I just felt it needed a rocket up its bum! I did feel the storyline slightly predictable and actually quite unauthentic. For example, I find it hard to believe an actor in real life would do a pre-recorded interview (set up to plug a movie) talking about his heartbreak. A) the movie PR company would not be happy and B) the TV show producers would be like grr... boring interview, and urge the presenter to get back on track about talking about the movie.

I felt the relationship between Sophie and Billy could have been explored more. To be honest I didn't care if they ended up together or not. I was more bothered about Molly passing and Sophie's relationship with her mother.

A fair first attempt. I would only recommend if you have nothing else left to read.

Something to Confess
Something to Confess

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 23 July 2012
I am not related to or nor do I have any close transvestite or cross dresser friends. I decided to read this book on the whim. To be honest I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the book as I knew I wouldn't be able to relate to the story... however I was surprised!

It's a quite a short book (just the right length) and I was intrigued to read about Mark and Karen's experience. I didn't know much about the cross dressing and transvestite world before reading the book, and it's really opened my eyes.

This is an awful thing to admit, but if someone had asked me before reading this book how I would feel if my boyfriend told me he was a transvestite I would say that I would freak out and end our relationship, because surely he must be gay or sex mad. But after reading this lovely book it's made me realise that is not the case.

I would be keen to find out more about the psychology behind transvestitism, why do men enjoy wearing women's clothing. Is there some sort of common event which has happened in their lives?

A great read and I would highly recommend it. Well done Karen, I hope to read more from you.

ASBO: A Novel of Extreme Terror
ASBO: A Novel of Extreme Terror

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read, 16 July 2012
I have never read any book by this author and I decided to give it a go while it was on offer. I love a good horror, and I love to be frightened and the product description made it seem like it'd be a really scary book.

I wouldn't say the book was scary but it was definitely creepy.I agree with the reviewer before, the first 3/4 was really well written but the last section felt rushed and very unrealistic.

I saw someone wrote that the ending was predictable but I don't agree.. I was very surprised.

A great book though and a definite page turner. I just felt it rushed at the end.

Monday to Friday Man
Monday to Friday Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book, 4 July 2012
Enjoyed reading this book so much. I read it in about 4 hours over two days.

A real page turner, an easy read and characters who you will fall in love with. I love the dog walking club and I found myself fantasizing being part of that group, meeting them at 8.30am every morning for a gossip! I imagined Gilly's house, and how cosy her spare room sounded!

As other reviewers have mentioned the storyline was a bit predictable but a lot of chic lit's are! The sub plot about the sister Megan was beautifully written. Another reviewer said that that plot should have been explored deeper but I disagree. It was just enough!

I bought this book on a whim as it was only 20p and liked the sound of the blurb. I had never heard of Alice Peterson before then. I have seen she has written another book and I am definitely going to give it a whirl.

Slave Girl - I Was an Ordinary British Girl. I Was Kidnapped and Sold into Sex Slavery. This is My Horrific True Story

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 9 Jun. 2012
A real eye opener into the world of trafficking. A few reviews have speculated she's over exaggerating but well worth a read non the less.

Room: Picador Classic
Room: Picador Classic

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfied, 9 Jun. 2012
I was really excited to read this book, the reviews seemed good and the blurb made it seem right up my street.

It did start off quite slowly but I kept going and got into and really enjoyed it. Half way through was the book equivalent to the 'money shot.'It simply peaked too soon! After the money shot, the book was very sluggish and rather quite boring. I was hoping there would be a final amazing twist at the end but noooo.

---------------------------------------------SPOILER ALERT-----------------------------------------------------------

I felt the final few pages were quite rushed and I would like to have seen the book end with the Mum and Jack facing Old Nick in court. I don't know how to explain it but I just feel unsatisfied - I don't know if I have missed something?! But the final quarter or so of the book was really dull.

I have given the book three stars because the money shot section was well written - not a really believable plotline - but I was on the edge of my seat anyway. The minus two for the lack of keeping me interested after that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3