Profile for snowman > Reviews

Quartet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable., 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Quartet [DVD] (DVD)
Bought for my wife who says she enjoyed this DVD. Haven't watched it myself though, won't spoil it by giving you the plot.

Kingston Generation 3 32GB DataTraveller USB Drive - Red
Kingston Generation 3 32GB DataTraveller USB Drive - Red
Offered by ngi france
Price: 15.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to "Back Up" computer defaults., 10 Nov 2013
This was for a back up for my new net book and it does the job. Can't say much else because as it is a back up I am hoping it won't have to be used. Smart though.

Wacom Bamboo One Pen (option)
Wacom Bamboo One Pen (option)
Price: 13.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Compatible., 10 Nov 2013
Was not compatible with the Graphics pad that I had (just didn't work) so returned this item and was credited with the cost.

Shimano Road Pedal Reflectors - SM-PD58 for PD7810/7800/7750/6620/6610/5600/600/540 SL Clipless Sport Pedals
Offered by WoollyHatShop
Price: 2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Comply with law., 10 Nov 2013
I had my doubts about fitting these but they fit just fine to my SPD SL pedals. Of course I have no idea if they work because I am usually riding the bikes myself but they do comply with the requirements for reflectors on pedals showing to front and rear. I read several forums concerning this requirement before I read about these on the leaflet that came with my last pair of pedals and they are not expensive. I thought I might find they got "kicked off" but so far that hasn't been a problem.

The Relate Guide To Sex In Loving Relationships (Relate Series)
The Relate Guide To Sex In Loving Relationships (Relate Series)
by Sarah Litvinoff
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a SEX book, 21 Jun 2013
I bought this because I am having problems with my marriage. I went to relate and found this suggested on their site. The large word Sex on the cover is a little off putting as if you are reading the book in company you get funny looks/feel guilty (?). But the content is useful and easy to read and understand. It hasn't solved my problems yet as my partner won't read it. It came in very good condition and cost 0.01 plus 2.80 postage so can't complain about that. I would recommend this to anyone having problems but perhaps you might want to make a jacket for the cover!

Clarks 7-8 Speed Chain 1/2"x3/32" x116 Links Anti Rust Quick Release Link Inc
Clarks 7-8 Speed Chain 1/2"x3/32" x116 Links Anti Rust Quick Release Link Inc
Price: 8.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and with Quick Link, 21 Jun 2013
This is the first time I have purchased a chain with this type of link and after working out how it fitted, wrong way at first, it will make cleaning off the bike easier and no worry of riveting together as with previous chains. It looks good because it is a silver colour probably the anti-rust coating. It has shaped links like the shimano. I have noticed some skipping when changing under tension which wasn't present with the old shimano chain but hopeful that will settle down. Just one thing, I bought this with the one click on Amazon and ghot charged 6.01 postage even though the listing said free uk cdelivery. I queried this with Amazon via their chat, which I thought was an great improvement as contacting amazon used to be a nightmare and they refunded my postage.

Schwalbe 26X1 3/8-1 1/4 Tube Schrader AV12 - Black
Schwalbe 26X1 3/8-1 1/4 Tube Schrader AV12 - Black
Offered by bikes4life limited
Price: 4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 21 Jun 2013
Contrary to another reviewer this came in a box saying Swalbe so looks genuine (made in Indonesia). This was bought as a spare so haven't used it yet. I thought it unfair to give anything other than 5 stars.

27" Weinmann Quick Release Front Alloy Wheel
27" Weinmann Quick Release Front Alloy Wheel
Offered by Parkers of Bolton
Price: 23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Its an old cliche but it does what it says on the tin., 21 Jun 2013
Replacement for old wheel. So far so good. Not expensive and looks okay. I would say that this is probably a better wheel than you would find on many entry level road bikes. The hub is quando that seems fine and the quick release works as you would expect. The weinmann rim is slightly confusing in that it says there is a wear line yet I haven't worked out where that is yet. Personally I am quite happy with my purchase although I have only done a few hundred miles on it so far. I have purchased several wilkinson wheels for different people to replace damaged and buckled beyond repair wheels and have found them all to be quite servicable and of course very reasonably priced.

Wilkinson Alloy Rear Wheel with Solid Axle Silver Gear Sided - Silver, Size 26 x 1.75
Price: 17.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job., 20 April 2013
Good price, okay product. A replacement for busted wheel on a Halfords bike. They wanted 50 to repair the old wheel, this did the job for much less and looks a better quality wheel.

Raleigh CDS203 Rear Maintenance Stand - Black
Raleigh CDS203 Rear Maintenance Stand - Black
Price: 14.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful item., 20 April 2013
This review is from: Raleigh Maintenance Stand (Sports)
When I ordered this I thought a Maintenance stand for a little of 10? But this is a small stand and when it arrived I was uncomplimentary. HOWEVER, having put it together (no instructions but intuitive) I have used it everyday since. It lifts the rear wheel clear of the ground, not the whole bike, and is surprisingly secure for such simplicity. You can then check the gears, rear brake, clean the rear wheel. Okay so it is not at a good height but it helps a lot. For the price very useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3