Profile for I. Bloese > Reviews

Content by I. Bloese

I. Bloese (Guernsey, British Isles)

Glass Tiger
Glass Tiger

4.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive reading, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Glass Tiger (Kindle Edition)
The story started slowly but gradually worked into the plot to the extent that I found it difficult to stop reading.

Panasonic KX-TG8522EB DECT Twin Digital Cordless Phone Set with Answer Machine - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cordless telephone, 4 Dec 2011
The twin digital cordless telephone set arrived within a few days of placing the order - earlier than expected. The set up of the two phones was extremely easy with the transfer of the address book from one handset to the other being a most simple operation.

The voice and the answer phone message system is irritating but as yet we haven't got around to recording our own message.

Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit, 17" Notebook and General Gear - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack, 8 May 2009
I have been hiking for many years and have found that there is always a problem with what to do with a camera. I have varied between carrying a digital compact on a belt holder to an intermediate digital in my backpack or round my neck. The later is hazardous for both wearer and camera when scrambling over rough ground.

This backpack is so easy to use and the camera is accessible without completely removing it. I wore it all day and had no problems being able to quickly access my camera (Canon 450D) to take bird photos etc. There was room for wet weather gear, a light packed lunch and, externally, a bottle of water. Camera equipment was kept separate and I had an additional lens, filters and small tripod and at a squeeze could have included another camera all completely separated from the general stuff carried.

I thoroughly recommend this backpack.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2010 12:00 AM BST

Corsairville: The Lost Domain of the Flying Boat
Corsairville: The Lost Domain of the Flying Boat
by Graham Coster

4.0 out of 5 stars Flying Boat, 23 Feb 2009
This book was summarised several years ago in the colour supplement of The Telegraph and I have been searching for it since. The author died recently and the title was mentioned in the obituary. A search on Amazon quickly found a source for the out of print book, which was delivered within the time scale advised. A good service by 'five of cups'.