Profile for I. Bloese > Reviews

Content by I. Bloese

I. Bloese (Guernsey, British Isles)

Danielle Rectangular Bevelled Edge Dressing Table Mirror - 48cm X 28cm
Danielle Rectangular Bevelled Edge Dressing Table Mirror - 48cm X 28cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb mirror, 13 Sept. 2015
My wife was delighted with this. It is elegant and the mirror appears to be good quality.

LevinTM iPhone 5 5S 6.6 ft Underwater Waterproof Shockproof SnowProof DirtProof Durable Full Sealed Protection Case Cover Waterproof IPhone 5 5S Case Waterproof IPhone 5 5S Cover Underwater Case Protection Case Shockproof Case Waterproof Phone Case Waterproof Cases For IPhone 5 5S Cover (Blue)
Offered by LEVIN-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 13 Sept. 2015
This product was disappointing, the instructions that came with it advised testing the waterproofness, this I did 3 times and each time it leaked as it was being removed from the water. I advised the company by email and was advised that I would be reimbursed - this hasn't happened. Examination of the case shows that one corner is impossible to clip shut each time it is clipped shut it promptly sprung apart again. There is also a tendency for the mute switch on the side to be muted as the phone is inserted and I have found it impossible to operate using the case switch. I have used the case mainly to protect my phone against dirt & knocks but will not rely on it if there is a chance of getting it submerged or even soaked in v. heavy rain.

Glass Tiger
Glass Tiger

4.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive reading, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Glass Tiger (Kindle Edition)
The story started slowly but gradually worked into the plot to the extent that I found it difficult to stop reading.

Panasonic KX-TG8522EB DECT Twin Digital Cordless Phone Set with Answer Machine - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cordless telephone, 4 Dec. 2011
The twin digital cordless telephone set arrived within a few days of placing the order - earlier than expected. The set up of the two phones was extremely easy with the transfer of the address book from one handset to the other being a most simple operation.

The voice and the answer phone message system is irritating but as yet we haven't got around to recording our own message.

Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack for SLR Kit, 17" Notebook and General Gear - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Fastpack 350 Quick Access Backpack, 8 May 2009
I have been hiking for many years and have found that there is always a problem with what to do with a camera. I have varied between carrying a digital compact on a belt holder to an intermediate digital in my backpack or round my neck. The later is hazardous for both wearer and camera when scrambling over rough ground.

This backpack is so easy to use and the camera is accessible without completely removing it. I wore it all day and had no problems being able to quickly access my camera (Canon 450D) to take bird photos etc. There was room for wet weather gear, a light packed lunch and, externally, a bottle of water. Camera equipment was kept separate and I had an additional lens, filters and small tripod and at a squeeze could have included another camera all completely separated from the general stuff carried.

I thoroughly recommend this backpack.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2010 12:00 AM BST

Corsairville: The Lost Domain of the Flying Boat
Corsairville: The Lost Domain of the Flying Boat
by Graham Coster

4.0 out of 5 stars Flying Boat, 23 Feb. 2009
This book was summarised several years ago in the colour supplement of The Telegraph and I have been searching for it since. The author died recently and the title was mentioned in the obituary. A search on Amazon quickly found a source for the out of print book, which was delivered within the time scale advised. A good service by 'five of cups'.