Profile for V. Unwin > Reviews

Content by V. Unwin

V. Unwin "veritytruth" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Holy Bible - King James Version - (with Direct Verse Access)
The Holy Bible - King James Version - (with Direct Verse Access)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars ... are never sufficient stars for me to describe my love, reverence and awe for the Holy Bible, 26 Aug 2014
There are never sufficient stars for me to describe my love, reverence and awe for the Holy Bible. However, and coming down to earth, this format is very good.

The Mysterious Benedict Society
The Mysterious Benedict Society
Price: 4.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 17 Aug 2014
I bought this because a relative of mine had done so. I did not particularly enjoy it. It certainly is mysterious or perhaps weird would be a better description. I make myself read it simply because I have paid for it. I think it is really for teenagers something like the Dr. Who fanatics -but not for me. Although if I want a bit of excitement in life then this qualifies somewhat!!

Floral Twin Lidded Large Sewing Basket with twin Handles in 2 Colours (Blue Floral)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 28 May 2014
very pleased with my purchase. It is commodious and well presented. Would recommend it to my friends without any hesitation.

My Bondage and My Freedom
My Bondage and My Freedom

5.0 out of 5 stars Blessed, 12 May 2014
A deeply moving book - What a man and what horrific ordeals he came through to become orator, writer and to maintain, and yes ,to increase his love for Jesus his Saviour.

Life of Harriet Beecher Stowe Compiled From Her Letters and Journals by Her Son Charles Edward Stowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Devoured it., 11 April 2014
Very inspiring book. What a determined woman in her endeavour to stamp out slavery. Her spiritual life too is an example
for today's secular society. Shall read it many many times.

Apple IPAD AIR WI-FI 16GB 16 GB 1024 MB 9.7 -inch Retina display
Apple IPAD AIR WI-FI 16GB 16 GB 1024 MB 9.7 -inch Retina display
Offered by Smartco
Price: 329.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Sad, 1 Feb 2014
Nothing to do with the ipad as I can see it's value. I have an eye problem (I am 87) and the sliding flickering nature of
the screen was hurtful to my eyes. It has only been used up to the set-up stage.
I returned this the day after receipt and am waiting for refund.

Candle in the Darkness (Refiner's Fire Book #1) (Refiner's Fire)
Candle in the Darkness (Refiner's Fire Book #1) (Refiner's Fire)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 28 Sep 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Have recommended it to friends and shall read it again - I didn't want it to end.

The Strength of His Hand (Chronicles of the Kings Book #3): Volume 3
The Strength of His Hand (Chronicles of the Kings Book #3): Volume 3
Price: 2.37

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 28 Sep 2013
Found it confusing and having read Candle in the Darkness first I was expecting something just as good as that.

Robert Moffat The Missionary Hero of Kuruman
Robert Moffat The Missionary Hero of Kuruman

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Mar 2013
A life lived for the spiritual good of others. Absolutey inspiring.
Bears no comparison to the godless self centredness today.

Anne's House of Dreams (Puffin Classics)
Anne's House of Dreams (Puffin Classics)
by L. Montgomery
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Restful and Inspiring., 16 Feb 2013
This book is a delightful story. What a lovely and virtuous family. I shall read it manymany times-it was wholesome,
sensitive of individual feelings and a lovely portrayal of naturally beautiful surroundings. It is like a spring of pure fresh water to read in a world which is now full of distrust, godlessness and grasping.

Page: 1 | 2