Profile for Joy Davis > Reviews

Aircraft carrier
Aircraft carrier
Offered by TnD-Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Aircraft carrier (Toy)
My nephew wanted a new carrier and this is fantastic. It lights up, has a discrete set of wheels to eliminate "carpet drag" has the biggest selection of planes and tanks that come with it and produced an instant Wow factor when presented.

BUILD A BEETLE GAME
BUILD A BEETLE GAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Revisited, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: BUILD A BEETLE GAME (Toy)
A game from long ago winters and still every bit as much fun. Now I play with my sister's children and we all love it.

Hama My First Midi
Hama My First Midi

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too fiddly, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hama My First Midi (Toy)
My nephew loved his sisters beads, but they were too small and frustrating for him, these are just a bit bigger and he finds them perfect.

Spartacus: Blood And Sand Season 1 [DVD] [2010]
Spartacus: Blood And Sand Season 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Andy Whitfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked from the very start, 22 Oct 2013
Totally an adults only experience, but I love John Hannah, I loved the story line, I loved the no holds barred attitude and now I can revisit it whenever I want. Perfect!
Probably not for the faint hearted, lots of blood and guts, in slow mo. Lots of nudity and sex and maybe not as true to roman life as it might be (but I'm no historian, so may be it is). Just a rip roaring, rollicking ride.
The late Andy Whitfield was superb as the Spartan and I was hooked from the first episode to the last.

Spartacus - Gods Of The Arena [DVD]
Spartacus - Gods Of The Arena [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing wrong with a bit of gore, 22 Oct 2013

Rhonda Shear 3pk Seamless Leisure Ahh Bra - Size Medium
Rhonda Shear 3pk Seamless Leisure Ahh Bra - Size Medium

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for big girls, 22 Oct 2013
The ads look brilliant and I thought how nice it would be to have something without wires. I understood that it would give me a subtly different shape, but it was so very disappointing. I did my research, and yes, it was supposed to be ok for my size. How wrong can they be! NO support whatsoever, if I lacked any natural support then they would have sagged in exactly the same way. I have friends who swear by these, so it has to be a size issue. No bigger than a (british) C cup, no more than about a 40", so at 46FF I had no chance. I gave them away.

Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum)
Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum)
by Janet Evanovich

5.0 out of 5 stars More Plum madness, 22 Oct 2013
Explosive it is! Another marvellous outing in the series of Stephanie's mildly madcap adventures. The characters are so clear I can "hear" them (so I've had to avoid the recent film as it will not match my expectations) and the stories are often laugh out loud funny (especially when Grandma Mazur is involved). I generally don't keep books for long, but these are all on my shelf with space for even more.

NewTech Retractable USB Mini Mouse for use with Dell Alienware M11x, Dell Alienware M14x, Dell Alienware M17x, Dell Alienware M18x, Dell Inspirion 15, Dell Inspiron 15R, Dell Inspirion 17R, Dell Inspiron M301z, Dell Inspiron N5010, Dell Inspiron Q15R, Dell XPS 15, Dell XPS 15z, Dell XPS 17, Dell XPS L502X - 2 Year Guarantee

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, 22 Oct 2013
I saw a colleague with me of these and thought it would be so useful. It is, but it is very picky about the types of surface it will work on. I've ended up carrying a small mouse mat too just in case.

Abigail Lace Parasol in Black
Abigail Lace Parasol in Black
Offered by The Wedding Cabinet

5.0 out of 5 stars No sun for me, 22 Oct 2013
I cannot take the sun and find a hat too hot to wear, plus in a breeze you get no benefit. This parasol is the perfect answer. I keep it in the car, so I am never caught out, and it has literally saved me on several occasions this summer. It has also attracted a number of lovely comments and questions as to where I got it. The circle of shade that it gives is big enough to cover the back of your neck and your shoulders, so you literally walk around in a delightful area of dappled shade. The lace effect allows any breeze, although it is noticeably cooler under the parasol than out from under it, and yet not enough sun gets through to lead to patchy burning. I cannot recommend this product enough and will be getting another to keep in the house for use in the garden.

Hoter Pack Of 14 High Quality Aluminum Crochet Hooks 2mm-10mm, Free With A Velour Pouch, Gift Idea
Offered by Kruhlstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at and so practical, 22 Oct 2013
I love to crochet and these are beautiful to hold, lovely to look at and fir for purpose. I find I am looking for new projects with different size hooks, just so I can use them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3