Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Laptop Bag Rawboe® 13-13.3 inch Apple MacBook Pro Retina Smart New Style Oxford Fabric Multi Functional Elegant Portable Laptop Sleeve Case Messenger Bag For Men / Women Carry case Shoulder Briefcase Handbag Laptop Bag For MacBook Air 13/13.3 / Surface Pro 4 / Laptop / Notebook / Sleeve for ipad Pro / Tablet / MacBook / Ultrabook / Computers For Apple / Acer / Asus / Dell / Fujitsu / Lenovo / HP / Samsung / Sony / Toshiba with Shoulder Strap And Multiple Pockets - Purple
Offered by PRINTEX

The Exception
The Exception

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love it, 4 May 2016
This review is from: The Exception (Kindle Edition)
I wanted to love this book, I really did. The blurb and cover pulled me in, but that's where the wonder ended.
I liked the character's Drew and Jill, but I couldn't connect to them. I think that's because the writing was so juvenile. Too many repeated words in a paragraph and unrealistic dialogue meant I could never fully immerse myself into this fictional world. And don't get me started on the winking.
Overall, it was an okay, 'meh' kind of read, one I won't be reading again.

RoomHate
RoomHate

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop looking, get 1-clicking, 27 Mar. 2016
This review is from: RoomHate (Kindle Edition)
I have no words other than, wow! Such a bea-utiful story. I need some sleep now though because I simply couldn't put down. 1-click this heart warming story of friendship, destiny, passion but ultimately... love. I want a Justin!

Play With Me
Play With Me

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love it, 26 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Play With Me (Kindle Edition)
I so wanted to love this story, but it was just...weird. I was pulled in because of the cover and blurb, but they just didn't fit. I felt no connection to the character's, in fact for the first 20% or so I thought I'd mistakenly 1-clicked a paranormal romance and believed Silver was some arrogant vampire or something. He was cold and I couldn't take to him at all.
The next thing we know, he's a love sick puppy. WTF?
I'm sorry, but it simply wasn't for me. Weird.

Insider (Exodus End World Tour Book 1)
Insider (Exodus End World Tour Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just when I thought it couldn't get better..., 22 Dec. 2015
I didn't think it was possible to love character's more than I loved Sinners.. I was wrong. So wrong
I knew Ex-End were going to be a lot of fun, we saw that from their introductions through the Sinners books. I hadn't been prepared for just how much fun they are though. And endearing. Once again the author has created a group of characters you feel you are part of, even security guard Butch.
I absolutely loved Toni's transition from shy and introverted to outgoing and confident. And Logan? Oh boy! Sexy, funny, caring, sexy, ambitious, no fear, did I mention sexy? I now have a serious book hangover and one almighty BBC crush. Can I please see a schedule for Ex-End concerts, I need me a front row seat.
If you haven't purchased this yet, what on earth are you waiting for? Do it! Now!

BABY DADDY
BABY DADDY

2.0 out of 5 stars 2.5*, 20 Dec. 2015
This review is from: BABY DADDY (Kindle Edition)
I read the author's early warning about insta-love and thought 'bring it on'. I have no problem with fairytales, and usually swoon over a well-written story of insta-love. I didn't swoon over this
I enjoyed the premise behind the story and did fall hard for the adorable Raiden, however Ella was just annoying. There is keeping up walls to protect ones heart, and then there's cruelty. I'm sorry to the author, but I just found Ella to be a cold, cruel, self-centered b**** . Even the epilogue couldn't bring me around.
Having said that, I would have probably given Baby Daddy more stars had it not been for the major editing issues throughout the book. They were a MAJOR distraction and what spoiled this most for me. The author needs to choose between past or present tense, the crossover throughout was extremely off putting, as was the constant use of 'IN the island' rather than 'ON the island.'
These are just my own opinions and I'd like to stress that others will probably see past my over-critism and love the book.

Captivated by You: A Crossfire Novel
Captivated by You: A Crossfire Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by you, 22 Nov. 2014
I am so disappointed with this book. I spent days re-reading the first three books and falling in love with Eva and Gideon all over again all in preparation for more to their amazing story.
I had deliberately avoided all teasers and snippets so the whole thing was fresh. Imagine my surprise when I'm faced with Gideon's POV. I was so happy... for a few chapters.
I felt this was no more than a load of sex scenes padded out with rehashed scenes from books 1-3 and little of anything else. I remember reading something from Sylvia once saying that she would describe her books as sexy romance and not erotic because the sex could be removed and we'd still have a story. If we removed all the sex from this book we'd be left with next to nothing. I get that Gideon and Eva's relationship is largely built on their need for each other physically, but come on, do we really need the details all the time?
I'll read the last book whenever they decide to release it, just because I've come this far, but I have seriously lost the love I had for this series now.
Seriously disappointed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2014 7:19 PM GMT

Seeking Nirvana (The Dark Evoke Series Book 1)
Seeking Nirvana (The Dark Evoke Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars More suspense than romance but oh so good!, 28 Sept. 2014
I went into this book with an open mind, knowing it was a totally different direction from the author's previous novel.

It hooked me straight away. I was left intrigued, confused (but in a good way) and left wondering 'What the hell?' Isn't that what makes a good book great, though? When the author sends you on a journey that you have no idea how it's going to end.

No spoilers from me, just know that this will leave you hooked and desperate to find out the next twist in the plot.

Just Say Yes (Just Say Yes series Book 2)
Just Say Yes (Just Say Yes series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 13 Aug. 2014
If you loved Andy and Zoey in The Reason, you will love them more in Just Say Yes.

This book starts off where the Reason ended. Jen did a brilliant job of leaving us in suspense as the reason (no pun intended) behind her accident. I had my suspicions and when they were totally unfounded I couldn't help but laugh. Not what I expected at all.

The story progresses well with lots of angst, laughs and some very steamy scenes. There were times I wanted to knock Andy upside the head for being an idiot, but it all added to the drama of the story.

Jen has written another descriptive and captivating story and I can't wait for part three.

Impulses
Impulses

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut novel!, 13 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Impulses (Kindle Edition)
It took me a while to get into the story and connect with the characters, but when I did I was hooked. I love the fact that as well as being vividly descriptive, the book is narrated in a dual POV so we get the thoughts and feelings of both characters and they draw you in, making you feel you are part of their journey.

This was a lovely story of two broken people fighting their pasts and then acting on their impulses to be together when really it would have just been easier to keep their heads in their dark clouds.

You will hate the antagonist, cry, and hope for their HEA. For a debut novel it is a book and one I definitely recommend.

Page: 1 | 2