Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Captivated by You: A Crossfire Novel
Captivated by You: A Crossfire Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by you, 22 Nov 2014
I am so disappointed with this book. I spent days re-reading the first three books and falling in love with Eva and Gideon all over again all in preparation for more to their amazing story.
I had deliberately avoided all teasers and snippets so the whole thing was fresh. Imagine my surprise when I'm faced with Gideon's POV. I was so happy... for a few chapters.
I felt this was no more than a load of sex scenes padded out with rehashed scenes from books 1-3 and little of anything else. I remember reading something from Sylvia once saying that she would describe her books as sexy romance and not erotic because the sex could be removed and we'd still have a story. If we removed all the sex from this book we'd be left with next to nothing. I get that Gideon and Eva's relationship is largely built on their need for each other physically, but come on, do we really need the details all the time?
I'll read the last book whenever they decide to release it, just because I've come this far, but I have seriously lost the love I had for this series now.
Seriously disappointed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2014 7:19 PM GMT

Seeking Nirvana (The Dark Evoke Series Book 1)
Seeking Nirvana (The Dark Evoke Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars More suspense than romance but oh so good!, 28 Sep 2014
I went into this book with an open mind, knowing it was a totally different direction from the author's previous novel.

It hooked me straight away. I was left intrigued, confused (but in a good way) and left wondering 'What the hell?' Isn't that what makes a good book great, though? When the author sends you on a journey that you have no idea how it's going to end.

No spoilers from me, just know that this will leave you hooked and desperate to find out the next twist in the plot.

Just Say Yes (Just Say Yes Book 2) (Just Say Yes series)
Just Say Yes (Just Say Yes Book 2) (Just Say Yes series)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 13 Aug 2014
If you loved Andy and Zoey in The Reason, you will love them more in Just Say Yes.

This book starts off where the Reason ended. Jen did a brilliant job of leaving us in suspense as the reason (no pun intended) behind her accident. I had my suspicions and when they were totally unfounded I couldn't help but laugh. Not what I expected at all.

The story progresses well with lots of angst, laughs and some very steamy scenes. There were times I wanted to knock Andy upside the head for being an idiot, but it all added to the drama of the story.

Jen has written another descriptive and captivating story and I can't wait for part three.

Impulses
Impulses

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut novel!, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Impulses (Kindle Edition)
It took me a while to get into the story and connect with the characters, but when I did I was hooked. I love the fact that as well as being vividly descriptive, the book is narrated in a dual POV so we get the thoughts and feelings of both characters and they draw you in, making you feel you are part of their journey.

This was a lovely story of two broken people fighting their pasts and then acting on their impulses to be together when really it would have just been easier to keep their heads in their dark clouds.

You will hate the antagonist, cry, and hope for their HEA. For a debut novel it is a book and one I definitely recommend.

Embrace the Moment (Shifting Book 2)
Embrace the Moment (Shifting Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing author- Fantastic sequel!, 3 May 2014
I received a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

I fell in love with Josh and Riley from the moment we first met them in Escape the Doubt. Embrace the Moment didn't disappoint in the angst department. I'm not going to go in great detail or add any spoilers, but what I will say is Josh and Riley's story is not all rainbows and unicorns and they certainly go through some tough times. The book ends on a cliffhanger and I am eagerly awaiting part 3 to find out how things end up for this sweet couple.

Definate 5* read from me and one I would highly recommend.

Escape the Doubt (Shifting Book 1)
Escape the Doubt (Shifting Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read debut!, 1 May 2014
Young adult is not a genre I read very often but found myself being sucked in by this story straight away.

Following a devastating accident, the lives of next door neighbours and best friends, Josh and Riley will never be the same again. Whilst they each try and battle their demons and come to terms with their losses their usually close bond is put to the test. Will they find their way back to each other? Can Riley Escape the doubt and tell Josh how she feels?

This was a heartwarming story of love and friendship.

Andrea has done an amazing job for a debut novel and I cannot wait to continue Josh and Riley's story in book 2.

Emma's Home (The Fairfield Series Book 1)
Emma's Home (The Fairfield Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic debut novel!, 28 April 2014
Such a sweet story of love, passion and friendship.

Emma has spent her adult years caring for her niece following a devastating accident that left both orphaned. As time moves on and her niece graduates college and moves away, Emma decides she needs to follow and set up some new roots of her own. She wants a home.

Jake is a handsome Fairfield detective living at home and looking after his mother. He knows his chances of the perfect relationship are low while he is still under his mother’s roof. Being the kind and loyal son he is, he would rather be lonely than leave his mum alone.

On her first night in town Emma is enjoying a drink with her niece, getting to know her friends, when in walks Jake. He is immediately attracted to her and feels an overwhelming desire to protect her. From that moment life never be the same again for either of them.

Maryann has done an amazing job for her debut novel. I found the characters engaging and laughed and cried along with throughout. This story will grip you from the very first page with its twists and turns, steamy scenes and the swoon factor over an alpha male who is just this side of being to domineering.

I highly recommend Emma’s Home and I’m now looking forward to the next book in the series, Laurie’s Time.

Playing for Keeps (The Game, #2)
Playing for Keeps (The Game, #2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read from Emma Hart, 27 Jun 2013
Ok so I thought Emma could not top Braden and Maddie's story in the The Love Game.... how wrong I was.

The Love Game was a love story through and through, Playing For Keeps is an emotional rollercoaster riding, thought provoking journey of 2 conflicted people.

I thought Braden had won my heart in The Love Game... sorry Braden, your dumped! My heart is now fully Astons lol. I loved the way Emma wrote about his tormented childhood and the demons he carries with him on a daily basis, and when he has flashbacks I just wanted to cuddle him up and protect him.

I also loved that the couple didn't have to break up to then have their HEA, so refreshing.

Hoping Emma will do a story on Lila and Ryan. Even though they're already a couple, I'm sure there's a great story going on for those 2 also :)

Conquer Your Love
Conquer Your Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected but still loved it, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Conquer Your Love (Kindle Edition)
Conquer Your Love starts off where Surrender Your Love ends and gets straight into the action of the storyline.

Jett is devastated that he has lost Brooke, and is scared for her safety and will do whatever he needs to win her back. Their story takes them back to Bellagio in Italy where there is romance, steamy sex scenes, car chases, mystery and intrigue. In fact I often wondered if I was reading a thriller or a romance.

We learn more about Jett's past in Conquer and are introduced to Kenny, an old friend and accomplice of Jett's.

I was a little disappointed with Conquer, simply because I had such high expectations from Surrender. Having said that I still found I got totally engrossed in it and could not put it down and the mysteriousness of the story added a new dimension to your typical romance novel. Looking forward to the final installment of the trilogy.

Forever Too Far
Forever Too Far

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Forever Too Far (Kindle Edition)
The first of the series, Fallen Too Far, was how I discovered Abbi Glines and can now quite honestly say she is up there among my favorite authors.

Having read the first 2 books (Fallen Too Far several times) I was eagerly awaiting the release of 'Forever' and I was totally not disappointed. I finished it in one day and I'm still swooning now.

I love Blaire and Rush's story of love, romance, heartache, conflict and pure emotion.

Abbi has also done a fantastic job of introducing us to the storyline of future spin off's.

Page: 1 | 2