Profile for Mrs. X. Li > Reviews

Content by Mrs. X. Li

Mrs. X. Li "Jamie" (Stockport, England)

Page: 1-10 | 11
Galt Farm Playnest
Galt Farm Playnest

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and helpful, 12 Nov 2009
This review is from: Galt Farm Playnest (Toy)
My daughter is six months now. She can sit but easy for her to fall over to differents sides. This rubber ring can support her when she falls. These days I put her in it a lot so she can sit there to play with her toys. I didn't even have to watch her so much. She starts to be interested in the things surround the rubber ring as well. Sometimes I found remote control, newspaper and her dad's sleepers in the rubber ring! It is quite helpful and handy, although it occupies a bit space and doesn't make my living room look very pretty. Highly recommend it.

VTech My First Music Maker
VTech My First Music Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Very colorful and full of music and fun, 12 Nov 2009
I saw my neighbour got one for her son and I liked it. So I also bought one for my daughter. As six months old, she likes it a lot. There are two volume level so the music doesn't have to be too loud. All in all the voice is soft and good quality, I didn't find it drive me crazy by listening to my daughter play with it too much. Easy to make the music start and my daughter could press any button just to change the music instrument. Compare to the big caterpiller from Leap Frog I bought recently, which it is impossible for my daughter to make the music start because the button are small and hidden, it also takes a big effort to push it, this is certainly a lot lot better.

I think my daughter enjoys the flashing light and the sweet songs very much at this stage. It is also a quite good price, especially compare to that 12 pounds soffie rubbery giraffe I have bought. I would recommend it to any other parents with a baby of similiar age.

Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 quick and easy meals for a healthy and happy baby
Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 quick and easy meals for a healthy and happy baby
by Annabel Karmel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as another one, 12 Nov 2009
It is good and helpful, but I have read Annabel's meal planner book (sorry I forgot the whole name, but you can find it here on amazon), and thought it would be more helpful than the one I have bought. The meal planner one even includes a suggested schedule for baby weaning, which you can not find in this book. Anyway, if you must buy one book, I think another one of the same author is more useful.

BabyDan Sleep 'n' Safe Bedrail (Blue)
BabyDan Sleep 'n' Safe Bedrail (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 4 Oct 2009
I didn't use other product so I can't compare. This one is good and does the job. My baby is co-sleeping with me and I dont have to worry that she might fall off the bed any more. It would be better if the price could drop a bit. I think it is a bit over-priced.

LeapFrog Baby Counting Pal
LeapFrog Baby Counting Pal

2.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 4 Oct 2009
By looking at the image I thought baby could make the caterpiller sing by pulling its feet, but I was wrong. It was impossible for the baby to make the toy sing, as the music would only be triggered by pushing the button behind the numbers very hard. Was disappointed after I received it and found out. However, the good point is, my baby likes the counting music if I stand beside the cot and keep pushing the buttons, so there are at least some good bits, not a totally waste of money. However, if I can choose again, I am not going to buy it.

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy Book 2)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy Book 2)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Aug 2009
Absolutely a great book. I am a Chinese so I seldom enjoy reading English book, unless the story is really really really good. This is the one I read through, laughed, been touched, cried for the girl...

But if you want to get the full story you better read the first book of this 3-book serials. The first book was called, the girl with a dragon tattoo. If you enjoy reading fictions like me, you would love this one. Now I am just waiting for the 3rd to be published, can't wait to buy it.

Lullaby
Lullaby

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful singing but not what I wanted, 10 July 2009
This review is from: Lullaby (Audio CD)
I wanted something that I can listen with my baby daughter when she is awake, but this is totally lullaby. Songs are very slow and sleep inducing. My daughter as a little baby already sleeps a lot, so it is not really what I want.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2009 5:28 PM BST