Profile for Cmmdrdata > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
VonShef Electric Meat Grinder, Sausage & Kebbe Maker - Powerful 1200W Motor
VonShef Electric Meat Grinder, Sausage & Kebbe Maker - Powerful 1200W Motor

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid I'm afraid, 15 Aug. 2014
Advertised as 'low noise' but I found this incredibly noisy. I mean, really noisy. I minced 2Kg of Pork leg and the unit gearbox sheared. First use from box. I checked price paid and although well below MRSP I cannot recommend this product. This is my first really negative review ever as a Amazon customer for well over ten years.

Charles Dowding's Veg Journal: Expert no-dig advice, month by month
Charles Dowding's Veg Journal: Expert no-dig advice, month by month
by Charles Dowding

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this and grow your own - nuff said?, 12 July 2014
What can you say that represents sufficient praise for a man who has eliminated digging and most of the weeding from gardening and esp. growing your own veg? For those of us with the lazy gene, those who are slightly less strong than they were, he is our hero. Perhaps a statue in Trafalgar Square? a public holiday named after him - Dowding Day?
Oh well, calm down, perhaps just saying this is 'probably' the best gardening advice in the world and you should buy it before buying your first plug or seed is sufficient.
Recommended? Duh! of course!

Sumo Kitchen Book 2
Sumo Kitchen Book 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent variety of dishes, good, clear instructions and authentic flavors, 12 July 2014
Companion volume to Sumo Kitchen Book 1 which I have reviewed previously. I bought them together as (I suspect) many will. No worries they are both good value and useful to have whilst creating the dishes in the kitchen esp. when not directly connected to the online blog whilst in the kitchen for example.
Excellent variety of dishes, good, clear instructions and authentic flavors. I am UK based and have no problems sourcing ingredients specified using Asian supermarkets. More and more mainstream supermarkets are also stocking world food ingredients at non extortionate prices. Of course, there is always Amazing Amazon!

Sumo Kitchen
Sumo Kitchen

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful ebook for offline reference in the kitchen, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Sumo Kitchen (Kindle Edition)
Being in a Japanese Food fad at the present I found this volume very useful. It elaborates on much of the material published online but in a form you can refer to while in the kitchen. Lost a star for poor typography in several cases but the content stands by its merits. A useful addition to your device library and kitchen references. The web site is one of the better Japanese foodie blogs I found online.

Eating Well with Kidney Failure: A Practical Guide and Cookbook (Class Health)
Eating Well with Kidney Failure: A Practical Guide and Cookbook (Class Health)
by Helena Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Authoritative and thorough. Recommended., 12 July 2014
Bought this for my father. He has studied it cover to cover and concluded it is very useful and he is inspired to try some of the recipes. If you knew him as I do that is high praise indeed! He has CKD and is on restricted Phosphates and Low Sodium diet, if that is the challenge you are facing this book will be very useful indeed. It is authoritative and thorough.

1000 Microwave Recipe Cook Book
1000 Microwave Recipe Cook Book
by Carol Bowen

3.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and accurate, good value, 12 July 2014
Not sure about this volume. Yes, it is indeed packed with recipes for using the microwave but somehow it lacks sparkle, style or maybe just inspiration? The recipes definitely work - I was amazed at the microwave bread! Even my guinea pigs raved about the flavor of the bread. (not literal guinea pigs - persons who tasted my food).
The format is dense and sparsely illustrated but if you need a encyclopedic resource for deciding what to cook using your microwave friend then this is great value.

Rosate 36 Very Strong Glyphosate Weedkiller - Kills The Weeds & The Roots!
Rosate 36 Very Strong Glyphosate Weedkiller - Kills The Weeds & The Roots!
Offered by Gardener's Dream Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, economic, useful - recommended, 12 July 2014
Excellent product which effectively kills weeds. I found the commercial/agricultural instructions rather technical and ended up calculating my own dilution rates which took a while but it kills everything in around 7 - 10 days. I use a backpack sprayer for which I do not know the technical flow rate etc so I may be applying more than is recommended but this economic stuff anyway. I reckon on using this up after spraying approximately 30,000 sq feet.
Effective, economic, useful.

Instant Pot Lux60 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker with Stainless Steel Cooking Pot, 6 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars To call the Instant Pot® a kitchen ‘gadget’ is an injustice, it is a kitchen essential., 7 Jun. 2014
As always with Amazon the Instant Pot® arrived promptly. It was well packaged and unpacked is clearly a solid device with a quality feel to it. You know how some things just feel ‘flimsy’? not this item. It came with instruction manual, useful recipe booklet and crib sheet to remind you of basic operations and what the readout means, all of which are well produced and genuinely useful. I liked that the recipe booklet gave web links to further info.

To help the reader visualise the Instant Pot®s’ size I can say it sits between the bread maker (which is bigger) and the slow cooker, a seven litre model, (which is smaller). It is large (better so you can cook family meals in it) but - you must bear in mind - this beauty is gonna get rid of your rice cooker and your slow cooker and your pressure cooker - so you will free up lots of space!

First things first is to make use of the Instant Pot®’s versatility so I dived in to cook a version of Mexican style red beans. First up was pressure cooking the dry beans - wow! even being used to pressure cooking, four minutes to cook dried beans was a surprise!, then, having emptied out the beans, sauté the veg and again, surprising, the speed with which this heats up (1KW rating) so quick and easy, fried off the aromatics and reintroduce back the beans. Add the last few ingredients and set the Instant Pot® to slow cook for six and half hours and off to bed. Woke to the lovely smell of spicy beans being kept warm for me having bean (pun intended) cooked to perfection. Breakfast that day was Ranch Eggs - delish!

To call the Instant Pot® a kitchen ‘gadget’ is an injustice, it is a kitchen essential. It takes the best of multiple devices, improves upon their respective functions and saves 70% countertop space, 70% energy (very cool!) 70% effort (ok I cannot guarantee the last one…)

Negatives? It took me a few tries to figure out how to exit one mode (Saute) to get to,say, slow cook or pressure cook. The answer? press ‘manual’ first to cancel previous mode!

Worth the money? definitely! Recommended? Yes!

Rev - Series 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
Rev - Series 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Tom Hollander

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, slightly wacky and occasionally hilarious, 31 May 2014
The TV series has gained some stalwart fans and rightly so. Tom develops this character very clevery and brings you along for the journey. The supporting characters are nicely done but the situations are the best part! Clever observation and writing provide the fertile ground in which this cast spread their talents. We get to enjoy the resulting harvest of human emotion from sadness and despair all the way to sheer joy and covering quite a fair bit in the middle.

Definitely worth it for being able to watch with continuity - the reason I enjoy boxed sets - so I recommend this. Enjoy.

Sharp R959SLMA 40 litre 900 watt Digital Combination Microwave Oven with Quartz Grill, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous device, 31 May 2014
Well, I have had mine now for almost three years. I use it daily. Whilst the microwave function is used to reheat everything from cups of tea to leftovers, I also make heavy use of the convection oven facility. I prefer this to my gas cooker/oven as it gets hotter - meaning crisper roast tatties, and better crackling on Pork roasts. I bake bread in it, make cakes, scones and pies and pasties.

It is easy to clean. I boil a bowl of lemon water in it and wipe round with a damp microfibre cloth.

I cannot really point out deficiencies - it is getting slightly clonky when starting i.e. it gives a moderately loud 'Bommmm' when starting but this doesnt affect functionality in any way it's just aesthetic. I do not use the grill function as much - not sure why - it gets used during programmed cooking of poultry roasts for the browning effect.

Overall I struggle to justify having a conventional/traditional cooker/oven. If I could just find a reliable induction hob plate - which seems impossible -I would throw the conventional cooker out and not replace it. Given how well this one has lasted when it does develop a fault it will be replaced with another - simples. Recommended? You bet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7