Profile for cirrus18 > Reviews

Content by cirrus18

cirrus18

New PolaTab (Great British Brand) Q10.1 Octa Core GPU Cheapest 10 inch Quad Core CPU 1GB RAM and 8GB Storage (Expandable to 40GB) TWIN CAMERA Android Tablet PC Kitkat 4.4.2 (4 x 1.3 Ghz) Capacitive Touchscreen 1024 x 600 Bluetooth Google Play - UK Brand, UK Service, UK Support

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 15 April 2014
With some trepidation I purchased this tablet and as it was the cheapest and the best specified for the money, I didn't know what to I was going to get.
I needn't have worried though because it has all turned out very well and I am very pleased with its performance. It's very quick and responsive and has an excellent picture. It does everything that I wanted it to do.

For the price it's a bargain and I don't hesitate in recommending it to you.
The delivery from this supplier was very quick, next day, replies to emails were by return and very good.

Berlioz: Symphonie fantastique
Berlioz: Symphonie fantastique
Offered by SycoBloom

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute bargain, 17 Mar. 2012
I was rather dubious about buying a used copy of this CD for only 49p plus postage but what a bargain it has turned out to be. Firstly, the condition was virtually brand-new. Secondly, it's an absolutely superb CD from a sound point of view, with the very best of digital quality sound and a thrilling and exciting performance by this world-famous Orchestra.

Finally, The Gramophone said: "There seems no end to the number of powerful and impressive recordings of this favourite display work and Muti's with the Philadelphia Orchestra stands among the finest" I agree with all they say. You won't be disappointed

Ladies San Malo leather clog mules BLACK size 4
Ladies San Malo leather clog mules BLACK size 4
Offered by The Slippers Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality shoes., 17 Mar. 2012
I purchased these shoes for my wife and she is very pleased with them. They appear to be very good quality, smart and comfortable with a well cushioned inner-sole. Highly recommended.

Mahler: Symphony No.2 [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Mahler: Symphony No.2 [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Eteri Gvazava
Offered by Fulfillment Express

1.0 out of 5 stars This DVD is a defective and should be recalled, 22 Sept. 2010
This DVD has an inherent fault and should not be sold.

The first copy I had to return to Amazon as the picture would freeze when it got to chapter 5-7.
Amazon quickly sent me a replacement copy but this was no better than the first, the video crashed at exactly the same spot.
Returned to Amazon for a refund.

Note:
The Mahler symphony number 6 Blu-ray, produced by the same people, works perfectly on my system in as far as it doesn't freeze.
I am very disappointed with the 5.1 surround sound though, it sounds to me that it has not been recorded directly into 5.1 surround sound but it is rather a conversion of the stereo soundtrack to 5.1 giving a very lack lustre, disappointing and undynamic sound.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2013 9:57 PM BST

Symphonies Nos. 1 - 6 (Termikanov)
Symphonies Nos. 1 - 6 (Termikanov)
Offered by Jbrecords

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be disappointed, 22 Sept. 2010
In this Red Seal category of box sets I purchased the Sibelius - ''Complete Symphonies Set'' and was very, very pleased with the quality of the recording and the performance, so pleased in fact that I decided to buy this Tchaikovsky box set, even though it had a bit of a poor review from one reviewer here.

Much to my delight, when I played the CDs I was extremely happy with them and the quality was equally as good as the Sibelius and I can heartedly recommend this set to you.

Don't be put off by the rather negative review, which after all is only his opinion, and who is to say he is more correct than a world famous conductors interpretation of the work.
I think the problem is that one gets used to a certain interpretation/performance of a piece and anything different sounds wrong.

So, if you want all the symphonies by Tchaikovsky played by a world class orchestra and conductor, at a bargain price of less than £3.00 a CD you know what to do.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2011 2:40 PM GMT

Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone

1.0 out of 5 stars The RS-170 is not for everyone, 17 Aug. 2010
I am really disappointed with this microphone and I think Sennheiser has let their name down with this really poor performing product. I was so disappointed that I have now returned it back to Amazon.

Reading the glowing reports here, I purchased it to replace my existing Sennheiser TR 130, which is a FM radio microphone and has very good sound but suffers from short range and hiss.
If you have discerning ears and can appreciate the better sound quality of listening to CDs as against MP3 files, then the RS 170 is not for you.
One can definitely hear distortion on some passages of music, even when listening at a very normal volume level. This distortion was not apparent listening to the same music with my TR 130.

The range was a was a real letdown too. I couldn't listen to music in my kitchen without it cutting out, which is a worse performance than the TR 130 which didn't cut out but hissed a lot.

My kitchen is only a short distance from the transmitter in the lounge. Knowing that there are a couple of walls inbetween I tested out the line of sight range by placing the transmitter in my lounge window and walking across the road. Sound cut out at around about 22 yards.
So much for the 80 metres range claim.

So my recommendation is not to buy one of these, but wait a while for newer models and hopefully they will have sorted out these problems.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2012 6:01 PM GMT