Profile for TSG > Reviews

Content by TSG

TSG

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4)
Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal., 9 Mar. 2016
It's been a long wait for this game. 3 years to be precise from first seeing it appear at E3. I'm happy to say having played the closed and open beta and finally getting my hands on the full game this is the real deal. The physics of the game are great, controls feel nice, the cover system works a treat. The amount of skills and abilities you can have is large, the weapon mods, the choice of clothing and amount of looting you can. The enemies are challenging and that's not even mentioning going up against other players in the dark zone and knowing whether to trust them or not. This game has everything. The Co-Operative gameplay gives me a nostalgic feeling of this being a modern day Streets of Rage, but it's so much more with it's RPG element. Well worth the purchase.

A Man of Honor: The Autobiography of Joseph Bonanno
A Man of Honor: The Autobiography of Joseph Bonanno
by Joseph Bonanno
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and somewhat self glorifying., 8 Jan. 2016
Quite a fascinating book and I've read many mob biographies, factual books and watched countless documentaries. I have having knowledge from multiple sources allows you to get a sense of when Mr Bonanno is likely blowing his own trumpet and painting a nicer picture of himself. None of us are ever truly in the know regarding these things but it was interesting to hear his side of a story and how he seen things. I think one of the most impressive and interesting things were his details on the Castellammarese War and his details on Marazano/Masseria. It's a must read for anyone interested in the Italian American Mob.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Day 1 Edition PS4 Video Game
Metal Gear Solid 5 Day 1 Edition PS4 Video Game
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A Whole Different Level Of Gaming., 5 Sept. 2015
As usual with Hideo Kojima and the Metal Gear Solid series, the game sets a new level. It's beyond awesome. I've been playing the game at least 30 hours now and I'm only 21% complete with it. The story is running along smoothly and there are tons of side operations you can do. Loads of weapons available to unlock and a lot of customization for your own emblem, character, colours of vehicles and helicopters as well as attire for the characters to wear. The stealth gameplay is perfection and one of the things I love most is the option you have on how to tackle a scenario. Whether to sneak your way in unseen and without any interaction with guards, whether to knock them out and extract them to join your military group or whether to go gung ho killing everyone. It's quite frankly an amazing game and easily the best the PS4 has to offer right now and probably in it's entire lifespan.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive and Worth Every Penny., 4 July 2015
It's an amazing game. I was new to the Witcher series having not played the previous 2 games so I didn't know what to expect. It's quite a game though, and quite frankly be prepared to spend a serious amount of time on it. The game is HUGE. A massive free-roaming map that seriously comes to life and changes depending on where you are. From being out in the wild to visiting the vastly populated medieval style city. This game is a real dream for those who love open world RPG's. The fighting system is pretty awesome on it, it had that same fluidity you get on Assassins Creeds swordplay but possibly better. The deepness of the game regarding items you can collect and what you can use them for is overwhelming. There is so much to talk about and to like about this game but my advice is to just purchase it. One thing I can guarantee you is that you will get every pennys worth out of this.

Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but I don't love it., 4 July 2015
I like it but I don't love it. What I did love was my previous keyboard which was the Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000. That was the nicest keyboard I'd ever had and I really wanted to purchase it again but it appears Microsoft do not make it. The closest option to it I could find was only available in wireless which I didn't want. So I opted for this 600 set. It's similar in appearance, the keys are real nice on it, low set and quiet just like the 3000 apart from missing a lot of media keys. This also makes the 600 a very smaller slimmer model which I was aware of when purchasing obviously via the images. It's very light weight and will get some getting used to if you have used bigger media keyboards in the past. As for the mouse, well it is just a joy to have a mouse that works properly. I'd forgotten what that was like. I'd been working with a small LED mouse for a number of years now, the scroll wheel had stopped working and webpages would move up and down whenever trying to right click a link. It's stupid that it even took me so long to look into getting a new mouse. So I'm really happy to have this little Microsoft one that does what it is meant too. As I said, I like it but I do not love it just yet.

Turtle Beach Stealth 400 Wireless Gaming Headset - PS4 and PS3
Turtle Beach Stealth 400 Wireless Gaming Headset - PS4 and PS3

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome & A Little Bit Flashy, 18 Jan. 2015
I already owned a pair of Turtle Beach PX21's so I was reluctant to purchase a new set although the idea of having wireless had me tempted. Luckily for me someone purchased me these as a Christmas present and they are as awesome as expected. Turtlebeach and second to none when it comes to gaming headsets, the sound is amazing, these come with a little microphone attachment which is crystal clear. And the battery is very pleasing as it easily outlasts the battery of the PS4 Dual Shock controller so plenty of hours gaming time or watching movies.

If anything would make me mark these down it would be the fact that the Turtlebeach logo on each side of each ear flashes constantly when you are using them. In a dark room this might annoy some people when trying to watch a movie. It did for me at first but I became used to it very quick and stopped noticing it.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 25 Dec. 2014
Game is just awesome. It was released under tremendous hype and it never failed to impress. A real achievement in gaming from R* Games.

Wrangler Men's Durable Stretch Regular Fit Jeans, Stonewash, W42/L30
Wrangler Men's Durable Stretch Regular Fit Jeans, Stonewash, W42/L30
Offered by Fashionup24

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 25 Dec. 2014
Quite simply my favourite brand of Jeans. Can not go wrong with the fit of wranglers at all. I especially love the fact the hem width on them is 16.5 which is usually smaller than other jeans for my size and better for me.

FIFA 15 (PS4)
FIFA 15 (PS4)
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: FIFA 15 (PS4) (Video Game)
This is quite possibly the best Football game ever made. I wasn't a fan of FIFA14 at all and was of the mind that I probably wouldn't bother again. But I purchased this and loved it. Beautiful graphics, fast paced game which quick reaction times. The way it should be!

The Shaping Staff
The Shaping Staff
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 21 Sept. 2014
What a blast from the past. Any male born in the 80's would of loved this cartoon. As you get older sometimes you look back on things and cringe a little at how they were but I actually still enjoy sitting down and watching this show on Amazon Prime at age 30. It's nostalgic heaven but the cartoon was also well made and I love the little positive messages it gives kids at the end. Very much still holds it's weight as a action cartoon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2016 3:02 PM BST