Profile for TSG > Reviews

Offered by Clearance Game Deals
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 6 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I played The Last of Us in 2013 which restored my faith in gaming which was dying out as with age I begin to lose interest in the industry. I then played Heavy Rain which I had wanted to do for a while which is made by Quantic Dreams ( The same people who make Beyond: Two Souls ). Heavy Rain was also an excellent game!

I had seen this game in trailers a while back and thought it looked pretty amazing. Then came the reviews from IGN etc which gave it a measely 6 out of 10 which quite frankly does put you off a little as you think the game must have some serious flaws for it to end up being marked down when it looked so good. However, I have just played and completed this game and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt this is one of the best video games ever made. The story is brilliantly written and brilliant told. The acting is as fine as it comes and the gameplay and cinematics are second to none.

Instant Purchase!! Don't even debate it, just buy.

Web Design In Easy Steps 5th Edition
Web Design In Easy Steps 5th Edition
by Sean McManus
Price: 4.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jan 2012
I must admit I have only just started reading this book but my first impressions are that it is a very good purchase. I love how simple everything is explained in the book to go along with the tips down the side of each page and the whole general look of how the pages are laid out and the colours used.

Very Happy!

New York City Gangland (Images of America (Arcadia Publishing))
New York City Gangland (Images of America (Arcadia Publishing))
by Arthur Nash
Price: 11.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Expected More, 5 Jan 2012
Firstly this book is well written with some good information to go with each picture. And the pictures themselves are brilliant with one in particular that I loved showing a photograph of the NYPD parading there new Motorbikes only for Meyer Lansky and Bugsy Seigel to be spotted in the crowd watching on.

However with such great reviews on the book and it being about New York Citys Gangland I was expecting a little bit more. One thing was that the book was quite small. I breezed through it in a very short period of time. And I was very disappointed with the fact that some of the more in infamous Gangsters photographs were nowhere to be seen in the book. People like Carlo Gambino, Frank Costello, Thomas Lucchese etc. I found the book to be filled up mostly with images of people not very well known or remembered as well as being packed with images of law enforcement officers rather than the Gangsters themselves.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2013 2:00 AM BST

LG GH22NS 22x SATA DVDRW Drive - Bare Black
LG GH22NS 22x SATA DVDRW Drive - Bare Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Working......, 3 Jan 2012
This was the 2nd LG DVDRW I had bought for my PC. The first one randomly failed on me and not long after purchasing this one it also did the same thing and failed. Quite disappointing with LG as far as they go in the Drives market right now.

Philips QG3250/32 7-in-1 Multigroom Grooming Kit
Philips QG3250/32 7-in-1 Multigroom Grooming Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Jan 2012
The best thing to say in this review - They just work!

Beard, Moustache, Nostrils, Head. You name it this Philips QG can get rid of it. It shapes up nicely and it even felt a lot smoother to use shaving my hair off compared to using my normal shavers. If you want a grooming kit look no further.

Kitchen Craft 1.5 L Microwave Rice Cooker
Kitchen Craft 1.5 L Microwave Rice Cooker
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Too Long!, 3 Jan 2012
When it comes to cooking rice in a pan I have always been useless. I was looking at the option of buying a rice cooker and then came across this little gadget. So simple to use and being in the microwave I was expecting everything to be a breeze. Although I did get better rice when I used this object one thing I felt let me down a little bit was the time it took to do the rice. I was expecting in a 1000W microwave the rice to be done in 10 minutes or so, but it turned out to be more like 20-30 minutes for me. Bearing in mind I had to keep taking it out to check it. I guess it is a matter of mastering your own times when using it with your Microwave.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2012 12:42 PM GMT

Kahuna KSC-0001G Mens black cuff watch
Kahuna KSC-0001G Mens black cuff watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Bold and Masculine, 3 Jan 2012
It is not a bad watch and a fair price. Bought it in 2011 to wear at work as I am a clock watcher during my working hours :). It's quite a bold watch, wide and masculine. Colours are nice on it but probably my only disappointment being that I cannot see it in the dark. The dials do not glow and there is obviously no light on it.

Fresh Air Globe Purifier Ioniser & Humidifier Colour Changing LED Ligh
Fresh Air Globe Purifier Ioniser & Humidifier Colour Changing LED Ligh
Offered by express trading
Price: 18.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad - Smells Nice!, 3 Jan 2012
I have this Globe Purifier set up in my small room on my desk. I suffer with Asthma and a lot of Allergies so I figured something like this may help. I wouldn't say I have noticed anything majorly good with using this besides the air feeling a little bit fresher and the scent that the oils give off when added to this are lovely and have your room smelling nice.

Kool-Aid Drink Mix - Cherry 538g (16 Pints) [Misc.]
Kool-Aid Drink Mix - Cherry 538g (16 Pints) [Misc.]
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Nice!, 3 Jan 2012
Was a strange one when I ordered Kool-Aid as I have had the drink before when I was young but didn't quite remember what to expect with it. For some reason I took it upon myself to think it created a fizzy drink which is doesn't - Silly me! I was also expecting it to have a very sweet taste to it but once again it doesn't either. I have read how you can add sugar to your taste but I got to a point where I didn't need to with it. I grew accustomed to the fact the drink probably has just enough taste in it to be a fine refreshing drink.

Nelsons Bach Rescue Remedy Spray 20ml
Nelsons Bach Rescue Remedy Spray 20ml
Price: 7.70

1.0 out of 5 stars No Help, 3 Jan 2012
Decided to try this Rescue Remedy as I tend to suffer a lot with GAD and panic moments. But to put it simple, it pretty much did nothing at all for me. It's just like putting a bit of Alcohol on your tongue and that is about it. Zero effect for me so not worth my money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3