Profile for Helen > Reviews

Content by Helen

Helen (Leicester)

Page: 1 | 2
Story of the Titanic (DK History)
Story of the Titanic (DK History)
by DK DK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 8 May 2013
My 5yr old became fascinated by the Titanic after seeing a Time magasine cover. This book is excellent with full page detailed illustrations on many of the pages, lots of facts & figures, (like how many tonnes of potatoes,) whilst not dwelling on the tragedy. Beautifully illustrated & packed with information about the crew, passengers, life on board, how it was built etc. I recommend it.

Raleigh 750ml Bottle - Clear
Raleigh 750ml Bottle - Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars Drinking bottle, 17 Jan 2013
So far so good, does not leak yet, holds water, delivered promptly before Christmas, happy with purchase. Also Bought a cage so I could fix it on the bike, seems to work well.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, 17 Jan 2013
Bought as a gift, but went down well, sizing seems fine, husband has v large hands, & these fit, so far he seems not to have worn them cycling, but driving and outdoors! Promptly delivered, happy with purchase.

Mr Peek and the Misunderstanding at the Zoo
Mr Peek and the Misunderstanding at the Zoo
by Kevin Waldron

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic illustrations, 17 Mar 2012
I bought this book primarily because I loved the illustrations, the story turns out to be good too, if a little sophisticated for a toddler. Mr Peek mistakenly puts on his sons jacket before doing his rounds at the zoo. This prompts a bit of a midlife crisis, thinking he's too old & fat for the job, the animals become unhappy when they think Mr Peek is talking about them. All is resolved when he meets his son wearing his jacket.......but where are his keys?

Trespass Tripod Camping Chair
Trespass Tripod Camping Chair
Offered by Great Outdoors Superstore

4.0 out of 5 stars Stool, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Trespass Tripod Camping Chair
Bought this as a gift, it's very light weight and portable, hopefully it will prove to be strong too, so far so good.......

Regatta Kids Stormbreak Overtrousers Navy 5-6
Regatta Kids Stormbreak Overtrousers Navy 5-6
Offered by Legendary Leisurewear

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof trousers, 17 Mar 2012
The trousers are quite a thick waterproof material. They have a popper on the cuff to tighten the fit.They arrived promptly, pack small, & have been very useful. Would recommend, v happy with them.

The Little Red Train: Great Big Train
The Little Red Train: Great Big Train
by Benedict Blathwayt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 10 Oct 2011
I've bought all the Little Red train books for my son who loves them (he's now nearly 4) and bought this one for my 2year old nephew who apparently loves it too.The illustrations are fantastically detailed, and I still notice new details even though I've read it 100's of times. I would certainly recommend these stories to anyone that likes trains. The little red train saves the day by collecting furniture from the docks, gravel from the quarry and logs from the forest, when the roads are "chaos" and all the lorries are stuck in traffic. Beautiful series of books.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good case, unless using a flash, 31 Aug 2011
I've been using this case for a year, and the plastic at the top is breaking up now. Having said that it has protected my phone well!!!! The leather casing seems good quality, and has lasted well. The phone clicks firmly into place and is held well. The magnetic closure is still holding firm, I like the colour(!) the only fault with it, which they may have fixed by now, is that the hole on the back for the camera obscures the flash causing fogging. It's fine without the flash, but does not work with the flash on. Its also very good value, can't go wrong really unless you do alot of flash photography.

See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books) (Usborne See Inside)
See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books) (Usborne See Inside)
by Katie Daynes
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars Body parts, 31 Aug 2011
"I quite like it a little, but it doesn't tell you about gallstones" is my 3.5 yr old boys review. He likes the stomach, gut, poo section and enjoyed lifting the flaps for a couple of days, but it's not become a firm favourite, I'm guessing he'll come back to it when he's older. I think it's an interesting introduction to what's inside your body.

Mosqui-go Duo Plug In Insect Repellent for European Use
Mosqui-go Duo Plug In Insect Repellent for European Use
Offered by New Health Care

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 30 Aug 2011
The product was simple to use, click together and plug in. It glows with a faint orange light. We followed the instructions, and none of us were bitten, so excellent product. I was most impressed with the amazing service from this company. I was worried it might not arrive before my holiday, but they called me on a saturday am, after an email enquiry, and assured me they could dispatch immediately, and the product arrived on the Monday. Would certainly buy from this company again, without hesitation and would recommend strongly if they have a product you like.

Page: 1 | 2