Profile for Janice van der Merwe > Reviews

Content by Janice van der...

Janice van der Merwe

The Age of Doubt (Inspector Montalbano Mysteries)
The Age of Doubt (Inspector Montalbano Mysteries)
by Andrea Camilleri

4.0 out of 5 stars The Age of Doubt, 1 Sep 2013
I always enjoy Andrea Camilleri's books and the insight into life in Sicily. You always wonder where Montalbano is going but he always gets there in the end. I found that he was a bit too introspective this time but perhaps that is a natural progression as he ages. I was always recommend him to readers that like something a bit different from the normal crime books.

The Secrets of the Lighthouse
The Secrets of the Lighthouse
by Santa Montefiore
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secrets of the Lighthouse, 1 Sep 2013
Santa Montefiore never disapoints. I was a bit unsure about the location as often you get too much Irish chitchat and not enough background in novels based in Ireland. However this was not the case. This was a book that once it was finished I had a nice warm glow and felt that the world was in order for at least a short time.

The Three Evangelists
The Three Evangelists
by Fred Vargas
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars The Three Evangelists, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Three Evangelists (Paperback)
Not as good as the previous novel by Fred Vargas. If this was the first book that I had read I wouldn't bother to read another one.

An Evil Eye (Yashim the Ottoman Detective)
An Evil Eye (Yashim the Ottoman Detective)
by Jason Goodwin
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars An Evil Eye (OttomanDetective 4), 23 Jun 2013
Jason Goodwin never disappoints, each one of these books have been fantastic and are realloy gripping.. I can't wait for the next one.

The Diamond Chariot: The Further Adventures of Erast Fandorin (Erast Fandorin 10)
by Boris Akunin
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The Diamond Chariot: The Further Adventures of Erast Fandorin, 23 Jun 2013
Fantastic as usual. I haven't quite finished the book and as usual it is really difficult to put down. It is interesting to read about Erast's previous life.

The Black Rose Of Florence (Michele Ferrara)
The Black Rose Of Florence (Michele Ferrara)
by Michele Giuttari
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of The Black Rose of Florence (Michele Ferrara), 23 Jun 2013
I have really enjoyed all the previous books but I was disappointed with this one. I found that I really wasn't bothered what happened to him this time. Hopefully the next book will be up to the original standard.