Profile for Dogbite Dave > Reviews

Content by Dogbite Dave

Dogbite Dave "DJM" (WHITBY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
RUBBER FERRULES 18mm 3/4" HEAVY DUTY : QUANTITY 4 ITEMS
RUBBER FERRULES 18mm 3/4" HEAVY DUTY : QUANTITY 4 ITEMS
Offered by Phoenix Walking Sticks
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD QUALITY HARD WEARING, 15 May 2014
I have unfortunately had to use a walking stick for many years now and anyone who does so will know the importance of the Ferrule and how quickly so many wear out. I bought this pack and and very surprisingly pleased. I do not praise lightly at all but these are worth the 5 star, with any failing based on delivery time being just over a week. I am still on ferrule number one with no sign of wear or need to replace. Very pleased. Good value for the set of four.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars WELL MADE WITH AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE, 15 May 2014
I choose XXL as so many clothing items made nowadays are simply not genuinely sized. I am 6ft 1". 15 st weight. 36" waist and 44 - 5" chest. This XXL is a good fit for me. The material is nice on the skin. The motifs are clear and well printed. It is well stitched and has washed well. Lots of positive comments and enquiries. Heavy enough to keep a wind off and when I used with a coat was very warm. A nice item

Hama 10 x 15 cm Singo Memo Album for 200 Photos, Green
Hama 10 x 15 cm Singo Memo Album for 200 Photos, Green
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars POOR, 15 May 2014
As a prime delivery customer, this started badly with an order for two albums being split into two separate delivery days, a very poor standard and not what I pay for as a prime delivery member. The album itself is poorly made. Very lightweight paper and plastic. It will work fine as a storage unit, just as useful as a box. The problems will come with the paper and plastic being so lightweight that it will be torn etc with very little use. Two hundred photos in the album, lifted and shelved. Lifted of the shelf and the weight of the photos actually pulls the paper dow with gravity and several of the paper sheets within have torn and the top have way through the margin area. If the paper were heavier, it would not have happened. The margin area is a good and attractive idea / format, allowing enough room for a name, date and venue so is useful but back to the poor quality paper. Pick your pen carefully or print is visible on the opposite side. Do not use a sharp pen / pencil or it will pierce the paper. If it were shop bought, I would return it but Amazon CS standards including returns have been falling and failing in the search for increased profit and the returns process is a hassle at best.
I WOULD NOT BUY THIS AGAIN. Having said all of that, it will do it's job as a means of storage. Viewing is the problem unless done carefully

NO PARKING POLITE NOTICE Rigid Sign (297mm x 210mm)
NO PARKING POLITE NOTICE Rigid Sign (297mm x 210mm)
Offered by CLEARVIEW SIGNS
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR QUALITY. OF NO USE WHATEVER WITHOUT PLACING IT UNTO WOODEN OR SIMILAR BACKING, 24 April 2014
THIN FLIMSY LIGHTWEIGHT AND OF NO USE AT ALL IN ANY OTHER THAN DISPLAY IN A WINDOW. FOR DISPLAY USE OUTDOORS IT WILL HAVE TO BE PLACED UNTO A WOODEN BOARD OR SIMILAR. IT WILL ALSO NEED TO BE WATERPROOFED IN SOME WAY. MIGHT AS WELL JUST HAVE RUN AN A4 SHEET THROUGH THE PRINTER AT HOME
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 12:54 PM BST

Fruit of the Loom Long sleeve baseball t-shirt Brick Red and Deep Navy XXL(47 - 49 inch chest)
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.
Price: 3.30

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT OF THE QUALITY I ASSOCIATE WITH FRUIT OF THE LOOM, 29 Jan 2014
I have bought three of these in differing colours to use as layers in the falling temperatures. I have bought, worn FOTL for many years and thought the prices quoted to be very good value and IF this is genuine FOTL the standards of such have plummeted. They are ALL very thin / lightweight material. The arms are not in proportion to size. The best I have received being apps three inches short on the arm, then four inches and the worst, this two colour close to five inches short on the arm. They have ALL washed badly. At the price paid, they will meet my using them at a bottom layer but if I had time I would go through the rigmarole of a return. I sincerely doubt they are the real item having just recently seen such on the high street at a considerably higher cost. Disappointing but cheap but I cannot see my willingly buying any more

Hama Alpenpod Walking Stick with Monopod for DSLR Cameras
Hama Alpenpod Walking Stick with Monopod for DSLR Cameras
Offered by TapeCity
Price: 11.30

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT WHAT IT IS TRYING TO BE, 29 Jan 2014
This is trying to be a somewhat Jack of all trades but fails to be so. The principle of being a walking stick, mono combo is a great one and when the design is improved will be even better. The grip as a walking stick is very slender and even with wearing a decent set of thick gloves takes some getting used to. The adjustable height would be marvellous IF it did not tend to slide shorter as soon as a bit of pressure is placed upon the stick to give support which is, after all, its primary purpose. I am 6ft 2 " tall. The mono stick usage idea is once again great. If I were 5ft 6" on a flat surface with the stick at full extension, eye and camera would meet. In the absence of a raised ground level, I have to stoop awkwardly. Of course the ability to adjust will work, camera to eye level in the right circumstances but in my case, mostly on a beach or on a country walk senario, thus fairly flat, I need that stoop or higher support in the absence of the other possibility, crawling about on my knees. All in all, fairly decent comparative value.

FRUIT OF THE LOOM LONG SLEEVE T SHIRT (S-XXL) (XXL - 47/49", ROYAL BLUE)
FRUIT OF THE LOOM LONG SLEEVE T SHIRT (S-XXL) (XXL - 47/49", ROYAL BLUE)
Offered by 247Clix UK
Price: 3.22

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT F of TL Quality, 16 Jan 2014
This may bear the F of TL label but I doubt it is genuinely so in that it has been made on licence or perhaps copied. My reasoning is that I have bought and used FOTL for many years. This shirt falls very short of the quality that I would expect. I got XXL and is close to what I would expect size wise but am disappointed to be able to say the sleeves are short and that the many comments about short sleeves are totally accurate. The material is very thin / lightweight. I do not expect it will wear anywhere close to that which can be anticipated for the "real" item. Saving grace is the low price and that I was buying this intent for use under a jacket in our lovely UK weather.

Zehui New Blue Nylon LED Dog Night Safety Collar Flashing Light up W/circular Pendant Collar
Offered by Goods Online 24/7
Price: 1.35

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT EXPECT IT TO LAST, 17 Dec 2013
Reasonably bright up close but as soon as my puppy moved more than 5 yards or so became obscured by the puppies fur. Had to use in the fixed, non-flashing position as the flashing is extremely irritating and if I do not like it, I would not force it on the pup. Fixing on my one was wobbly. The switch / power box is inside a small wrap of the collar, very loose and as I expected it was only a few days before the switch separated resulting in the collar being knackered. All in all, not something that will last without being adapted in some way to secure the switch.

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, clear and good sound, 14 Dec 2013
These are well made and produce a good quality sound. Come with a choice of ear rubber sizes alight I doubt the larger two would ever be used. The sides are marked (look very carefully) L and R although I notice no difference if put on wrong way around in dark. There is no means of differentiating sides in poor light. Those that can hear a difference or would want R 4 R / L 4 L will need to put a mark or similar of the R / L lead. Not the best of value but I like them

Rosewood Dog Car Guard
Rosewood Dog Car Guard
Offered by Wilco Motor Spares Ltd
Price: 69.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Awful, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Rosewood Dog Car Guard (Misc.)
Described as universal, uh uh, no way. Does not fit my Grand Vitara, Astra or Hyundai. The fixings are extraordinarily flimsy. Impossible to even attempt to install with one person. Very likely to damage a vehicles roof as the pieces which create pressure to hold it in place are the flimsiest such fixings I have ever seen. That applies top to bottom. Widthwise is just as badly made. To be fair in this review I will point out that the one supplied to be had obviously been a return, maybe more than once, the packaging being very beaten up and clearly resealed with a variety of different tape. I returned and was given a prompt refund so Amazon customer service did it's job properly this time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13