Profile for Shopper in Clover > Reviews

Content by Shopper in Clover

Shopper in Clover (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Leitz Lever Arch File Plastic 80mm Spine A4 White Ref 1010-01 [Pack of 10]
Leitz Lever Arch File Plastic 80mm Spine A4 White Ref 1010-01 [Pack of 10]
Offered by Shoplet-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars These are good looking and strong, 13 July 2014
These are good looking and strong, the best Lever Arch files ever. They stand up even when fully loaded with paper and plastic pockets. Before buying I did a lot of research on different types of files and prices and I wasn't disappointed.

Epson WP4000 / WP5000 Series XXL Ink Cartridge - Black
Epson WP4000 / WP5000 Series XXL Ink Cartridge - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted a year!, 13 July 2014
I actually counted the pages printed with these, a mixture of text and colours so this was a good guide. The cartridges lasted a whole year and printed over 2,500 pages. Difficult to say exactly because the magenta lasted longer and reached 2,700 pages. They do cost a lot but that's a lot of pages.

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat CM901 CMT901A1044
Honeywell Programmable Thermostat CM901 CMT901A1044
Offered by Heating Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems Very Economical, 17 Nov 2013
Had this fitted last November to replace another make of digital thermostat which I liked but was faulty. You have to get your head round the cycling, where it turns on and off either 3,6,9 or 12 times an hour and allows the radiators to catch up. Some people think this is economical and some don't (read the reviews for the 7-day thermostat CM907). Now I've been using it for 6 months (over the winter) I believe it has saved me money. The boiler seems to fire up a lot more than before but I've been paying my gas monthly and have just had a refund of over £100, and at the end of the winter! It seems as though this device is really keeping my fuel consumption down.

Speedlink Spes Clip-On Microphone
Speedlink Spes Clip-On Microphone
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars Background Humming, 1 Nov 2013
We bought this to use with a portable PA system, but apparently it doesn't work with that. I would have returned it there but it couldn't be re-packed as it came in a sealed plastic container which had to be cut open. Tried it on the computer and a camcorder and there was a noticable humming noise in the background which made it unusable for voice-over. I set up a comparison test with my old handheld mic and you could clearly hear the difference. So I can't use it or re-sell it, and there's only one place for this, in the bin, and I hate throwing things out.

Battery Room Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-B
Battery Room Thermostat - Heatmiser PRT-B
Offered by Thermsaver Heating Solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery Life, 14 Sep 2013
I ordered this a year ago and it was fine for a few months, then the batteries started running out more and more quickly. At the beginning it used to give a couple of days warning (flashes when low) but this stopped happening. Batteries were running out after 7 days with no warning at all. Heatmiser say the batteries should last a year. I complained and had the unit exchanged for a new one. The batteries supplied with that lasted 38 days and since then ran out more and more quickly until back to 7 days again! Heatmiser insist that the only thing that can drain the batteries is the backlight, but that hasn't been on. So the second unit is also apparently faulty. I have to send again for a third unit and pay an electrician to fit it for the third time (I'm not a DIY person). This is getting ridiculously expensive and extremely annoying, which is a real shame as I love this thermostat and it works well. Just hope the third unit isn't faulty.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2013 8:16 AM GMT

HP 364XL High Yield Photo Original Ink Cartridge (Photo Black)
HP 364XL High Yield Photo Original Ink Cartridge (Photo Black)
Offered by Cartridge King

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, 14 Jun 2013
HP cartridges seem to be getting smaller. Unlike the high capacity cyan, magenta and yellow (750 pages)and the black (550 pages) this so-called 'extra large' cartridge only contains 7mls ink which manages a measly 290 pages. If this is extra large what on earth is normal? The code for this is CB322EE which is what I ordered but I expected a larger one, so suspect the volume has been reduced. Also, the picture of the black/green box is misleading as that is for the high capacity cartridges (750 pages) and what arrives is a flowery red box which I've never had before. Potential buyers of cartridges/toners need to do some serious research before ordering anything, as the packaging, labelling and decriptions are very confusing and it seems the capacity gets smaller but the prices keep going up. I've just paid £14.40 for 7mls of ink and if that isn't daylight robbery I don't know what is.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2013 11:59 AM GMT

Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4015DN A4 Inkjet Printer
Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4015DN A4 Inkjet Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Printing but Colour Poor, 13 April 2013
As Secretary of a charity I tried a Samsung laser printer but when it packed up after a very expensive 18 months I thought I'd go back to inkjet if I could find one that wouldn't cost a fortune to run. This one promises to be reasonable if you use the high capacity refills which have the Pyramid picture not the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben. This printer looks very good but is very big so allow plenty of space, or if in doubt check the measurements. It needs overhead room too for loading envelopes and photographic paper etc. in the top tray. So far I'm using the inks provided, and haven't opened my Pyramid boxes, but the colours are rather disappointing. Most of them lack vibrancy but it cannot make RED at all, it looks brown. I am comparing a colour chart also printed on another printer so no doubt about it. Obviously this will affect anything in colour but especially where red is required as a primary colour. After complaining I was offered a reconditioned printer in exchange, they wouldn't give me another new replacement. I'm not having a printer that isn't new as I don't know its history, so I'm stuck with the brown-red colour. May 2014: Now I've been using it for a year and just running out of ink, so very good value. I've been counting the pages and I've printed 2,220 pages on the Pyramid refills. That should give you a good idea of what to expect, good value, works very well, but colour poor.

The Forgotten Children: Fairbridge Farm School and Its Betrayal of Britain's Child Migrants to Australia
by David Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Personal Experience, 13 Jan 2013
I haven't read this book but my father was a child migrant sent to a Fairbridge Farm School in 1929. He was not treated unkindly and his many school reports show they were concerned about his education and progress. They were grouped in houses, and as you'd expect the house mother was like a matron and there was no love of course, but neither was there cruelty or abuse. All in all, it sounds very similar to the treatment in English public schools at the time. Character-building they called it and the wealthy would have paid a lot for this kind of upbringing for their offspring. I guess in a different time, a different place and with different staff maybe not every child had it as good as my father, but it wasn't all bad and on the whole they were sent there with good intention in the hope of a better life than they might expect in poverty in the UK.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2013 3:41 PM BST

Noddy With Wind Up Taxi Car
Noddy With Wind Up Taxi Car

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Traction, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Noddy With Wind Up Taxi Car (Toy)
The car is pretty much as expected, except that the traction is poor. With Noddy in the car it won't move on a carpet, only on a hard floor, and the only place with a hard floor is my small kitchen. No good trying to make it move in the living room.

Noddy Playmat and 2 Vehicles
Noddy Playmat and 2 Vehicles
Offered by 1st For Toys

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 Dec 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Noddy Playmat and 2 Vehicles (Toy)
The mat is described as two-sided which it isn't. It only has one side and it says on the box 'collect both playmats' so if you want the rest of the picture you have to buy another mat, though I'm not sure where. The mat is only 80cm x 90cm which isn't vey big, and made of a rather thin cheap papery material. There is not much in the way of roads to drive the cars along. The two cars are small, cheap plastic but okay. I would rather pay twice as much and have a decent sized mat. All in all, a disappointing product.

Page: 1 | 2