Profile for Nick > Reviews

Content by Nick

Nick (Orpington, Kent)

James Penney's New Identity/Guy Walks Into a Bar (Storycuts) (Jack Reacher Short Stories)
Price: 1.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 10 Jun 2013
I love Jack Reacher, but unfortunately the wish to know everything you can about the character leads to buying some books, such as this, which either hardly feature Reacher, or really hardly seem worth the bother. I suppose it won't stop me buying the next one though!

Bad Beginning, the (Series of Unfortunate Events (HarperCollins Audio))
Bad Beginning, the (Series of Unfortunate Events (HarperCollins Audio))
by Lemony Snicket
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 10.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Potter, 22 Dec 2010
For anyone looking for a new reading project for their children look no further than these books. Ignore the film they made, the books are far more satisfying.

The Long Fall: A Novel (Leonid Mcgill Mystery 1)
The Long Fall: A Novel (Leonid Mcgill Mystery 1)
Price: 6.21

3.0 out of 5 stars Walter's new hero a work in progress, 12 July 2010
As a big fan of Walter Moseley's earlier creations, Easy Rawlins, Fearless Jones and Socrates Fortlow, I was looking forward to a new creation. Leonid McGill ticks all the boxes but whilst he and his family are interesting creations I found this story a bit confuseing at times. I will stick with him for the next book and hope that things pick up a bit. Not bad, but he has written better.

Bad Luck And Trouble: (Jack Reacher 11)
Bad Luck And Trouble: (Jack Reacher 11)
by Lee Child

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Mess with the Special Investigators, 30 May 2010
Another quality Jack Reacher, a return to form after the slightly disappointing "Nothing to Lose". This time Jack has 3 of his friends along for company and that twist definately makes this interesting. I discovered Jack Reacher a few months ago and it says it all that since then I have read every one of his books bar the latest "61 Hours" and I am torn as to whether to read it now or leave it a while because once I have read it THERE ARE NO MORE LEFT (unless Lee Child has anymore up his sleeve). I urge you all to read these books before they make the inevitable films and water things down beyond all recognition.

The Right Mistake: The Further Philosophical Investigations of Socrates Fortlow
The Right Mistake: The Further Philosophical Investigations of Socrates Fortlow
Price: 8.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 19 Jan 2010
As a fan of Walter Moselys' Easy Rawlins books I was interested in any other books he had written. His Fearless Jones books occupy the same time period as Easy Rawlins, the 20 years post ww2 but Soctates Fortlow lives in modern day LA. This is the third book and whereas Easy Rawlins and Fearless Jones are crime thrillers these are (as the title might suggest) more philosophical in tone. Socrates is a former prisoner, a murderer and rapist, who when released back into society has to adjust and build his life all over again.

I loved all 3 books and can only recommend that you read this book (after checking out the first 2 "Always outnumbered, always outgunned" and "Walking the Dog". I can't wait for the next one.

A Red Death
A Red Death

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Death, 31 Oct 2009
This review is from: A Red Death (Paperback)
Second in the Easy Rawlins series. I lent my original copy to a friend and couldn't bear to see an empty space in my bookshelf so bought it again. I won't bore you with the details of the plot, suffice to say Walter Mosely has kept me enthralled for over a decade and I love (almost) every book of his I have read. I recommend everyone to discover Easy Rawlins.

Samsung ML1510/1710/1750 Black Toner Cartridge & Drum (ML1710D3) - Compatible
Samsung ML1510/1710/1750 Black Toner Cartridge & Drum (ML1710D3) - Compatible
Offered by Inkjet UK
Price: 15.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Toner cartridge, 10 Feb 2009
It is a lot cheaper than the official toner but doesn't last as long. Probably better value for money but not as much as the price difference would make you think.

Oath Breaker: Chronicles of Ancient Darkness book 5
Oath Breaker: Chronicles of Ancient Darkness book 5
by Michelle Paver
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Oath Breaker, 10 Feb 2009
My son absolutely loves these books. It has completely turned him on to reading and now he reads an hour or more every night before bed. Brilliant.

My Little Pony - Pinkie Pie
My Little Pony - Pinkie Pie

3.0 out of 5 stars my little pony, 10 Feb 2009
This review is from: My Little Pony - Pinkie Pie (Toy)
This was perfectly adequate as only expensive priced but cheaply made kiddie toys can be. I am sure my niece was delighted with it so I suppose that is as much as I wanted.