Profile for Max Curtis > Reviews

Content by Max Curtis

Max Curtis "Freerider" (Devon)

Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with Heart Rate Monitor (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by London Photo
Price: 174.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well impressed with 410 GPS, 25 Feb 2012
Impressed is the first feeling the Garmin 410 provides me. How cautious I was after reading so many split reviews on this and other models but made a leap of faith after the more positive reviews and purchased the Garmin 410GPS with heart rate sensor for the same price as older models.

The 410 is a very sleek GPS/watch, not too thick and large enough screen to provide a clear and easy to read display which is all user defined. After a look at the Quick Ref leaflet provided, I immediately placed the 410 on charge for just over 2 hours (3hrs is specified for a flat to full charge) then I had a little play just to get the feel for buttons and menu options available before tackling the instruction booklet and I found it very easy to operate and soon remembered the pathways to the various menu options.

Before you start getting frustrated because you can't see the information you would like to see...READ THE MANUAL PROVIDED ON THE CD. The manual is well written and easy to understand. Once I had completed this I was whizzing around and soon selecting the 3 different Training fields (Settings, Data fields, Training 1, 2 or3) and editing the fields to show specific info on my runs. I only used the first 2 trg screens and opted to turn Trg 3 off. Everything is user defined and it all depends on how much data you want access during or after your run.

The Bezel.. I have had no issues with the bezel. It is very sensitive so be very clear with your presses or your touch and scroll, I'm finding it easy to use and practice makes perfect. I do lock the bezel on runs to show my key data Time, Pace, Distance.

GPS..The GPS was very quick to acquire satellites, under 2 minutes on the first test at Exeter, Devon. On runs it again had no problems acquiring or tracking my location

I downloaded the Garmin Training Centre software and have paired the 410 with my Mac without too much stress. Data has transferred automatically when I'm in range, though I tend not to leave the Ant stick connected to my laptop (being mobile a lot) but once i plug it I choose to "Force Send" on the 410 to transfer immediately.

I have not used the Heart Rate sensor yet and I will update this review once I have.

Overall..after a couple of days of use I am still a very satisfied customer. Word of advice.. Read the manual first, Fully charge the unit before you play with it and the rest is childs play!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2012 7:47 AM GMT

110% Surf Techniques [DVD]
110% Surf Techniques [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Connolly
Price: 12.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Viewing, 16 Oct 2009
This review is from: 110% Surf Techniques [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD was purchased having never surfed prior to viewing. A very easy to follow intro to surfing for the absolute beginner that clearly explains the essential basics to get you going. Caught my first wave 15 minutes after starting. enjoyable to watch but basic.