Profile for sarah bushnell > Reviews

Content by sarah bushnell

sarah bushnell

Page: 1 | 2
Acer Aspire E1-571 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5 3210M, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

1.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money - Don't Buy Acer, 29 Dec. 2014
I bought an Acer Aspire E1-571 about 18 months ago and I am very disappointed with it. The keyboard has failed with most keys not depressing properly and the hinges appeared to have broken - both of these faults developed just after the 1 year warranty expired. My son works in IT and has replaced the keyboard - but he finds that the hinges are so stiff to open /close that they have broken the plastic mounts which are part of the lower case. So we could buy another case but it would only break at the same points. It's been well looked after and only used for personal email / shopping and never dropped or mis-used so it has never been damaged. This laptop appears to have a fundamental design flaw with the over-stiff hinges and weak mount points and the quality of the components such as the keyboard does not meet even that required for normal home usage. If I was buying a laptop today I would not now choose an Acer - I would consider paying a bit more money to get a more robust higher quality machine. (My previous HP Laptop had a replacement power supply and one replacement keyboard - and the laptop itself only was replaced after 10 years due to the operating system going out of support).

BT8500 Enhanced Call Blocker Cordless Home Phone - Quad Handset Pack
BT8500 Enhanced Call Blocker Cordless Home Phone - Quad Handset Pack
Offered by liGo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product - Highly Recommended, 1 Dec. 2014
We have just bought the BT8500 Advanced Call Blocker Cordless Home Phone with 'truCall call blocking' and four handsets (so we don;t have to run around finding where we last left the phone!). Thanks to a very comprehensive review by another Customer we chose the 8500 and it is every bit as good as we hoped for. We endorse all the positive feedback - and would add that the wireless range of this set is very extensive which is extremely useful. The handsets are a nice weight in the hand and look and feel like good quality well produced items - they are very smart looking in shiny black with nice size buttons with a positive feel when you press them - the numbering on the buttons is easy to read - the display is also very easy to read with white text on a black background and when listing the top item is highlighted. The display is not too bright at night and the buttons do not light up - so a much softer light and not at all disturbing. We haven't used all the functions yet - however we have loaded all our regularly used numbers and the system sends them to all the handsets. A point to remember is that all numbers calling the first time will be screened - even ones in the address book. We straight away tried out the call blocking functions which was our key reason for purchase - and it works exactly as expected .... so we are looking forward to not receiving any more of the annoying / unwanted calls from remote 'help desks'. All in all this is an excellent product at a very good price and well worth the money. We are extremely pleased with it and would unhesitatingly recommend this phone set . Well Done BT !

Dyson DC39I Independent Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Iron/Bright Silver/Satin Rich red (Dyson DC39I independent cylinder with ball technology)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ! Light Weight & Powerful Cleaner, 23 Aug. 2014
My Dyson DC39L (Limited Edition) Animal arrived today - super fast and well packed - all in perfect condition. I decided to buy this model after reading feedback about the DC39 Animal - and in looking around I spied the DC39 Animal Limited Edition model on special offer on the Dyson website. It shows the DC39 Limited Edition to be a slightly more powerful version with 280AW (air watts) than the 'standard' DC39 Animal. So I plumped for the Limited Edition which arrived today and it is fab! We have just moved into a barn conversion with large areas of wood floors all needing cleaning so I need a light, easily pulled along cleaner with lots of power to 'hoover' up everything on hard floors like wood and stone.This cleaner is fantastic - it absolutely fits the bill - is really easy to use and very well designed - and everything fits together super-easily as you expect from the Dyson 'stable. This is my seventh Dyson and I am extremely happy with it and confidently recommend anyone looking for a cleaner for hard floors to consider this model. Even the red top is a gorgeous shade ! What more can I say - except 'Buy It' !

101 Dalmatians [DVD] [1961]
101 Dalmatians [DVD] [1961]
Dvd ~ Wolfgang Reitherman
Offered by Argy's Web Emporium

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful - 10 Stars !, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: 101 Dalmatians [DVD] [1961] (DVD)
I bought the 101 Dalmations Blu-ray for our 2 year old Grand Daughter - and once again it entranced the whole family across three generations ! We had to be a little careful with some of the Cruella de Ville bits as our little princess was rather worried about her - so maybe this is one for children just a little older than 2 years it all depends on your little one. Again this is a very fine Disney production and brought back memories my own delight as a small child on seeing it for the first time. Age has not dimmed the appeal of the story and the characters - they are as fresh and delightful today as they ever were - the wonderful observation and characterisation of the different dogs and other animals is fabulous - and the incredible work that has been done to restore this enchanting film to the current dazzling condition can only be marvelled at. Buy it ! you will not be disappointed.

Lady and the Tramp [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Lady and the Tramp [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Hamilton Luske

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous ! 10 Stars !, 21 Sept. 2013
I bought the Lady and the Tramp Diamond Edition Blu-ray for our 2 year old Grand Daughter - and she absolutely loved it as did the whole family across three generations ! As with Cinderella this production is also exquisite - it is from the period when Disney was at its finest and again brought back memories my own delight as a small child on seeing it for the first time. Age has not dimmed the appeal of the story and the characters - they are as fresh and delightful today as they ever were - the characterisation of the various dogs and two wicked Siamese cats is utterly delightful and again the little vignettes of 'evil' are beautifully done and with just enough 'threat' to make the story exciting. Once again - the fabulous work that has been done to restore this enchanting film to the current dazzling condition can only be marvelled at. Buy it ! you will not be disappointed.

Cinderella [Blu-ray] [1950] [Region Free]
Cinderella [Blu-ray] [1950] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Wilfred Jackson
Offered by media vault

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Stars! Divine !, 21 Sept. 2013
I bought the Cinderelle Diamond Edition Blu-ray for our 2 year old Grand Daughter - and it entranced the whole family across three generations ! The production is exquisite - it is Disney at it's finest and brought back memories my own delight as a small child on seeing it for the first time. Age has not dimmed the appeal of the story and the characters - they are as fresh and delightful today as they ever were - and the fabulous work that has been done to restore this enchanting film to the current dazzling condition can only be marvelled at. We practically had it on 'loop play' she loved it so much and we gave her the copy to take home with her to the US (so I promptly bought myself another!). Buy it ! you will not be disappointed.

Wahl Easygroom Pet Conditioner 250 ml ZX612, 2-Pack
Wahl Easygroom Pet Conditioner 250 ml ZX612, 2-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Soft Smooth Fur !, 21 Sept. 2013
I bought this conditioner for our Pekingese who has quite 'crinkly' fur which other conditioners had not really improved a great deal. This conditioner is excellent - I actually just put about a tablespoon full into the final rinsing water and mix it well and then rinse his coat with that (rather putting the conditioner directly onto his coat). This works excellently and I towel dry him and then blow dry his coat as normal. This conditioner leaves his coat shiny and soft and lovely and smooth which is some achievement for Pekingese fur ! I shall be buying this conditioner again.

Groomers Detangle Shampoo 2.5 litre
Groomers Detangle Shampoo 2.5 litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Shiny Smooth Fur !, 21 Sept. 2013
I bought this shampoo for our Pekingese shampoo for our Pekingese who has quite 'crinkly' fur which other shampoos had left rather difficult to brush out. This shampoo is excellent - it goes a long way and lathers well and cleans his fur very thoroughly. Best of all - when combined with the Wahl Smartgroom conditioner his fur is left beautifully soft and smooth and easy brush. I will be buying this again !

Bioforce Organic Bambu Instant Coffee Jar 200 g
Bioforce Organic Bambu Instant Coffee Jar 200 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 21 Sept. 2013
I bought Bambu because I want to avoid unnecessary intake of caffeine due to high blood pressure. The taste is fine and fairly 'coffee-ish' - and I am happily drinking this instead of my usual instant coffee. Pricewise this product is also fine - I bought 3 jars and got them post free.

Camberwick Green (Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy - Re-scanned 2011 by the BBC)
Camberwick Green (Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy - Re-scanned 2011 by the BBC)
Dvd ~ Brian Cant

3.0 out of 5 stars Dare I Say Dull !, 21 Sept. 2013
I bought the Camberwick Green collection DVD for our 2 year old Grand Daughter and like the Trumpton stories it was sadly not a success. Again - these stories and the production as a whole is reflective of its era and does not stand up well against more modern brightly coloured and cheerful stories. As happened with Trumpton - it was on for many minutes when our little princess declared it to be 'finished' and put Postman Pat back on to delighted squeals ! These were lovely stories in their time but today they look rather 'brown' and lack colour, cheery tunes and fun.....enough said..............

Page: 1 | 2