Profile for TR > Reviews

Content by TR

TR "usually annoyed" (UK)

Elgato EyeTV Netstream 4Sat, DVB-S2 Network Tuner with Hardware Transcoding, silver
Offered by IvoryEgg

1.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for an AV engineer who likes to spend days trying to figure stuff out, 4 Dec. 2014
Ok - it seems to work a bit but who on earth thought through the set-up process? (Answer: either no one, or someone who has very little sense). It doesn't have to be this painful. In fact, it feels like it must take quite a lot of work to. Make it this painful. Clearly a bunch of engineers are sitting around congratulating themselves on producing a cute box and have no clue about how to build a real product. Fail.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2015 4:53 PM GMT

Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android
Wahoo Fitness TICKR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful, 3 Oct. 2014
Worked ok when I took it out of the box, then the Wahoo utility suggested updating firmware ("lot's of cool new features!") and then it stopped working. Painful to waste so much time trying to get something to work. Destined for the bin!

Lightload Towels-travel,camping outdoor-The only Towels that are Survival Tools (three pack 30x60cm)
Offered by Lightload Towels

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful back-up, 18 Aug. 2013
OK, these are not the best towels you will ever use. They will not last forever, but if you think of them as disposable back-up towels, you will not be disappointed.

Medisana ThermoDock Infrared Thermometer Module for iPod, iPhone and iPad
Medisana ThermoDock Infrared Thermometer Module for iPod, iPhone and iPad
Offered by Webbasket

5.0 out of 5 stars This works, 22 Jun. 2012
I've found this quick to use and it seems accurate when we compared it to other thermometers. Only advice is that you should put it in a specific place so you can remember where it is when you need it.

Swimovate Pro Poolmate Swimming Computer Sports Watch - Black
Swimovate Pro Poolmate Swimming Computer Sports Watch - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite right, 22 Jun. 2012
Not yet convinced on accuracy in lap count (yes, I read the instructions, I'm not changing stroke in middle of laps etc). Software on Mac didn't work first time, had to re-install. Very limited support on the web site and instructions are minimal. I'll probably stick with it for a bit and see if I can trick the watch into counting the laps accurately.

Canon imageFORMULA P-150 High Speed Portable Document Scanner
Canon imageFORMULA P-150 High Speed Portable Document Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, easy - a good purchase, 11 Jan. 2011
I'm annoyed that I have to use a scanner at all (why not just send me stuff by email?), but given the fact that I need to scan quite a few things, I need a scanner. I had an earlier Canon scanner that worked OK, but took too much space sitting on my desktop. I bought this one on the basis that it was small. I've found it convenient from a size perspective, but it is also easy to hook up, scans great and even the included software is OK. Speed is good and really useful to be able to scan front/back at same time. Only slight negative point was that it claimed to support Mac, but it doesn't support Mac out of the box and I had to go to the web to figure out how to make it work.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2012 9:28 PM BST